• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

UAE puts "boobs on the ground" in Syria

Humor often functions as a cognitive dissonance reduction strategy. Let them have their jokes. It will ease the transition.

Cognitive dissonance? You seem to forget these people are paid shills. There is no issue for them. They are paid to say what they say.

It might be progress but the structure in the UAE remains the same:
A woman has only the rights of a male child. She must have the authorization of their male guardians
to travel abroad. An Emirati man has the right to seize the passports of his wife and daughters and can
even request that the Immigration authorities prohibit their departure out of the UAE.
Fathers and husbands have the legal authority to forbid their wives and daughters from working outside the
home.
Under Article 71 of the Personal Status Code, women who leave their husbands can be ordered to return and it goes on.

The International Federation on Human Rights report 2010, may be interesting in that nothing had changed since I was last in the UAE in August 2014.
http://www.fidh.org/IMG/pdf/UAE_summaryreport_for_CEDAW.pdf

All the more reason to celebrate every minor victory for women's equality in a country like that!

PS -- I deeply apologize to conservatives and libertarians for oppressing and persecuting men by praising a woman on a women's rights issue. Will you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?

Back
Top Bottom