• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

University: "not about creating an intellectual space"

Emphasis on "perceived". #BLM activists see racism everywhere.
Unless you have some real disinterested evidence that the "BLM activists" duped the students, the football team players and their coaches, this just seems like more of usual ludicrous paranoia.
His job shouldn't have been to appease a bunch of radical students. Note that we do not know who was responsible for those instances like the feces swastika. It might well be a false flag operation by #BLM - it would not be the first time. But even if it was white racists, how is that the fault of the president? He does not have a magic wand to identify the perpetrators.
Their concerns were about the campus climate and the non-response of the administration to the incidents. Interesting you feel the need to conjecture that these claims are false. Have you ever been to Mizzou? Do you know students, faculty or staff who either attend or work there? I have been there and I do. Guess what? They say the students have a real point.

"This is just the beginning". "We want to dismantle" is threatening language.
I find it pathetic that anyone would take such rhetorical excesses as credible threats.

I think their concerns do not rise nearly to the level of a college president needing to be sacked.
I realize facts do get in the way of your claims, but he resigned. But his incompetence in handling this entire situation does merit his sacking.
That presidents a vulnerable to a small minority of cop-killer-quoting radicals is a cause of concern in itself. I understand that you agree with their brand of radicalism but imagine university president was forced to resign because a small minority of radical pro-life students was protesting for example. What would you think about that? It is always a cause for concern when a small but vocal minority of radicals starts to dictate to the rest of society.
Your straw men do not fool anyone. Getting 30 players on the FOOTBALL team to threaten to sit out a game with their coach's support is incredibly embarrassing for any president for any reason. H e resigned because he completely mismanaged the situation and made Mizzou look like a clusterfuck.

The implicit notion that these students were demanding or asking for radical change is fucking ridiculous. Expecting an university administration to deal with racial slurs and racist behavior is not radical. This is not about a vocal minority of radical dictating to the rest of society. It is about black students expecting a rational and humane response from their administration to deal with racial slurs and behavior on campus. You really are not fooling anyone with your pathetic over-the-top rhetorical nonsense.

Unless you have some real disinterested evidence that the "BLM activists" duped the students, the football team players and their coaches, this just seems like more of usual ludicrous paranoia.
Where is the evidence that these alleged incidents happened and that the university failed to address them properly?
We know #BLM activists like to lie (see lies about Michael Brown, the case that spawned #BLM in the first place) and nobody should be taking anything they say seriously.

Their concerns were about the campus climate and the non-response of the administration to the incidents.
Incidents like the infamous "poop swastika" for which there is no good evidence it happened at all or who might be responsible? Or one of the main #BLM aggitators claiming racial slurs directed at him without any corroborating evidence?
Interesting you feel the need to conjecture that these claims are false. Have you ever been to Mizzou? Do you know students, faculty or staff who either attend or work there?
I am saying there is no good evidence for them or for the claim that the university failed to act properly.
And no, I have not been to that campus. Have you? And what does it matter anyway?

I find it pathetic that anyone would take such rhetorical excesses as credible threats.
What are they supposed to be taken as?

Your straw men do not fool anyone. Getting 30 players on the FOOTBALL team to threaten to sit out a game with their coach's support is incredibly embarrassing for any president for any reason. H e resigned because he completely mismanaged the situation and made Mizzou look like a clusterfuck.
What he should have done is fire the coach and remove the idiotic players from the roster. They have thousands of people there, they should be able to find replacements pretty easily.

The implicit notion that these students were demanding or asking for radical change is fucking ridiculous.
#BLM is a radical organization. Quoting a black supremacist cop-killer is an act by a radical organization.

Expecting an university administration to deal with racial slurs and racist behavior is not radical.
Any evidence they did not deal with it?
This is not about a vocal minority of radical dictating to the rest of society.
But it is.
It is about black students expecting a rational and humane response from their administration to deal with racial slurs and behavior on campus. You really are not fooling anyone with your pathetic over-the-top rhetorical nonsense.
Should the same policing of speech happen to #BLM activists? Or is it, just like anything else race related, supposed to be entirely one-sided? Should black students be punished if they call white students "crackers" for example?
What about if white students allege, without corroborating evidence, racist behavior by black students? If the university can't identify the alleged perpetrators, should the new Mizzou president also be sacked? Or should only black students have that power?

Edited to add: Are threats against ROTC students at Mizzou ok, laughing dog?
Threats keep Mizzou Army ROTC from wearing uniforms this week

Where is the evidence that these alleged incidents happened and that the university failed to address them properly?
We know #BLM activists like to lie (see lies about Michael Brown, the case that spawned #BLM in the first place) and nobody should be taking anything they say seriously.
I asked you for evidence first. You are not fooling anyone.

I am saying there is no good evidence for them or for the claim that the university failed to act properly.
The university did nothing - including investigate. Which is what is causing this ruckus. You are not fooling anyone.
And no, I have not been to that campus. Have you?
I wrote " I have been there ".

What are they supposed to be taken as?
I suppose goals or bullshit rhetoric. In either case, "dismantling the system" is not a credible outcome.

What he should have done is fire the coach and remove the idiotic players from the roster.
Yeah right. That would have bolstered the perception that he had a clue.

#BLM is a radical organization. Quoting a black supremacist cop-killer is an act by a radical organization.
You don't need to provide evidence of your phobias and paranoia. You need to provide evidence that these students are BLMers and that everyone who agreed with them are simply dupes.

Any evidence they did not deal with it?
There is no evidence of any action. In fact, if you even bothered to acquaint yourself with the facts, it is the inaction that is causing this ruckus. Notice the administration does not claim it has done anything.

But it is.

Should the same policing of speech happen to #BLM activists?
You are alleging facts not in evidence (i.e. that the victims of the racial incidents are BLMers). This isn't about free speech. And it isn't really about finding the perpetrators. It is about a campus climate that fosters or tolerates such racist "speech", and working to change that climate. Perhaps this is a foreign concept to you, but most people prefer social climates where people are not afraid to move around or to simply exist.
Or is it, just like anything else race related, supposed to be entirely one-sided? Should black students be punished if they call white students "crackers" for example?
What about if white students allege, without corroborating evidence, racist behavior by black students? If the university can't identify the alleged perpetrators, should the new Mizzou president also be sacked? Or should only black students have that power?
Ah, your old standby of "what about those nasty black people misbehaving?" derail. You are not fooling anyone with these lame attempts to befog the issues.

I asked you for evidence first.
The burden of proof is on those making a positive claim. The positive claim being that there is white racism at Mizzou and that the administration does nothing about it.
So again, what are the specific incidents and what is the evidence for that that was supposedly ignored by the administration. Please be specific and take as much space as you need.
You are not fooling anyone.
Is that some sort of mantra?

The university did nothing - including investigate.
Evidence for that claim? Apparently they investigated the poop swastika enough to find that there was no credible evidence it happened.
Which is what is causing this ruckus.
No, a bunch of radicals protesting is what caused the ruckus.
You are not fooling anyone.
I guess it is some sort of mantra.
I wrote " I have been there ".
Which leaves the second part - what does it matter?

I suppose goals or bullshit rhetoric. In either case, "dismantling the system" is not a credible outcome.
Well they got their first scalp. I do not expect they will be satisfied with that. They have threatened ROTC students today. I wonder what they will do tomorrow.

Yeah right. That would have bolstered the perception that he had a clue.
Well at least a backbone.

You don't need to provide evidence of your phobias and paranoia. You need to provide evidence that these students are BLMers and that everyone who agreed with them are simply dupes.
I did post an article identifying the leader of the protests as a BLMer. Mizzou is the most talked about topic on #blacklivesmatter hashtag. Both BLMers and Miozzou protesters love the cop-killer Assata Shakur. What more evidence that the two are connected do you want?

There is no evidence of any action. In fact, if you even bothered to acquaint yourself with the facts, it is the inaction that is causing this ruckus. Notice the administration does not claim it has done anything.
Citation needed.

You are alleging facts not in evidence (i.e. that the victims of the racial incidents are BLMers).
In fact there is no good evidence these incidents happened, but I have posted a link to a BLMer claiming some white people in a pickup truck called him the n-word. No evidence other than his say-so whatsoever, and probably protected by free speech so I don't know what the administration is supposed to have done about it.

This isn't about free speech. And it isn't really about finding the perpetrators. It is about a campus climate that fosters or tolerates such racist "speech", and working to change that climate.
Sure, if the claims of specific incidents fall apart, cite amorphous "climate".
What about the climate of loud protesters taking over the cafeteria and intimidating other students?
Perhaps this is a foreign concept to you, but most people prefer social climates where people are not afraid to move around or to simply exist.
Yeah, like people who want to eat something in peace but are instead subjected to protesters shouting "black power" at them. Is that not intimidating?
Ah, your old standby of "what about those nasty black people misbehaving?" derail. You are not fooling anyone with these lame attempts to befog the issues.
So does that mean you think the administration should only go against racist incidents by whites or are you just trying to dodge the question?

Oh, and what do you think of this tweet?

Last edited:
Nope. It is a statement of fact.
Evidence for that claim? Apparently they investigated the poop swastika enough to find that there was no credible evidence it happened.
Source for this claim?
It means that I have a bit more knowledge about the situation and context than you.

Well they got their first scalp. I do not expect they will be satisfied with that. They have threatened ROTC students today. I wonder what they will do tomorrow.
You will feel safer doing that under your bed.

You confuse backbone with incompetence.

I did post an article identifying the leader of the protests as a BLMer.
That is pretty thin evidence about the multitude of protesters.

Mizzou is the most talked about topic on #blacklivesmatter hashtag. Both BLMers and Miozzou protesters love the cop-killer Assata Shakur. What more evidence that the two are connected do you want?
Given your obsession with BLMers and your persistence in talking about Shakur and BLM, your logic indicates you are also a BLMer.

Citation needed.
How does one cite that the administration has not said something?

In fact there is no good evidence these incidents happened, but I have posted a link to a BLMer claiming some white people in a pickup truck called him the n-word. No evidence other than his say-so whatsoever, and probably protected by free speech so I don't know what the administration is supposed to have done about it.
Of course you don't believe the student and of course you have no clue how the administration should react. You and ex President Wolfe are on the same page there.

You are not fooling anyone here.
What about the climate of loud protesters taking over the cafeteria and intimidating other students?
Yeah, like people who want to eat something in peace but are instead subjected to protesters shouting "black power" at them. Is that not intimidating?
It might be. Then again it might not. It would depend on the situation and the people involved. I realize you find black people and such actions scary, but others may not. I have been present at similar protests as an unwitting and unintended bystander, and I did not feel intimidate or afraid at people shouting "black power" or "death to whitey", because I believed those slogans were expressions of emotion and outrage not calls to action.
So does that mean you think the administration should only go against racist incidents by whites or are you just trying to dodge the question?
My views about the specifics of your pathetic "waah, black people are allowed to scare me" derails are irrelevant. Rational and competent university administration strive to foster a campus climate that is devoid of hate and fear while respecting freedom of speech and thought for everyone .

- - - Updated - - -

Source for this claim?
It means that I have a bit more knowledge about the situation and context than you.

I did post an article identifying the leader of the protests as a BLMer.

Mizzou is the most talked about topic on #blacklivesmatter hashtag. Both BLMers and Miozzou protesters love the cop-killer Assata Shakur. What more evidence that the two are connected do you want?
Given your obsession with BLMers and your persistence in talking about Shakur and BLM, your logic indicates you are also a BLMer.

Citation needed.

Of course you don't believe the student and of course you have no clue how the administration should react. You and ex President Wolfe are on the same page there.

It might be. Then again it might not. It would depend on the situation and the people involved. I realize you find black people and such actions scary, but others may not. I have been present at similar protests as an unwitting and unintended bystander, and I did not feel intimidate or afraid at people shouting "black power" or "death to whitey", because I believed those slogans were expressions of emotion and outrage not calls to action.
My views about the specifics of your pathetic "waah, black people are allowed to scare me" derails are irrelevant. Rational and competent university administration strive to foster a campus climate that is devoid of hate and fear while respecting freedom of speech and thought for everyone .

Anything but.

Source for this claim?
I posted a link about poop swastika. One among several links I posted whereas you have posted no links showing evidence for your claims.

Are you claiming you've seen the swastika or what?

No, I do not have the luxury of not doing what I am supposed to do unlike those Mizzou crybabies.

You confuse incompetence with not giving black radical students whatever they demand.

The Mizzou protester leader (and source for one of the alleged, but unsubstantiated, claims of racism) is certainly chummy with the BLM leadership.
Student Body President Who Lied About KKK Being At Mizzou ‘Strategizing’ With #BlackLivesMatter Leader

Only if you apply left wing brand of "logic".

Do you have anything at all to back up your claims here?

How was the administration supposed to react to unsubstantiated claims of racist incidents? Put all black students into a "safe space"?

You are confusing me with yourself.

And what if the situation was reversed? Why is black racism, and violent threats by black radicals acceptable? These double standards are keeping race relations from progressing.

Campus climate that is devoid of hate should not welcome and encourage hatred by black radicals.

Anything but.

Source for this claim?
I posted a link about poop swastika. One among several links I posted whereas you have posted no links showing evidence for your claims.

Are you claiming you've seen the swastika or what?
I am claiming you 1)have no clue about the campus climate at Mizzou, and 2) are not fooling anyone with your position.
No, I do not have the luxury of not doing what I am supposed to do unlike those Mizzou crybabies.
LOL - you are whining on the internet (probably from underneath your bed or behind your desk).

You confuse incompetence with not giving black radical students whatever they demand.
While I understand that in your world the only choices are give in completely or crack down on the scary dark-skinned people, rational people can see there are many alternatives between those possibilities.
The Mizzou protester leader (and source for one of the alleged, but unsubstantiated, claims of racism) is certainly chummy with the BLM leadership.
That confirms my observation of "That is pretty thin evidence about the multitude of protesters. "

Only if you apply left wing brand of "logic".
I can understand how you think reason and logic are "left wing". Which explains their absence from your paranoia about "BLMers" and "left wingers".

Do you have anything at all to back up your claims here?
It is not possible to show someone has not said something. R

How was the administration supposed to react to unsubstantiated claims of racist incidents? Put all black students into a "safe space"?
First, do not ignore them or the protesters. Second, acknowledge their concerns. Third, enter into an actual dialogue with them. Something this President avoided. And before you reply with your usual reactionary nonsense, none of those steps requires or implies giving anyone everything (or anything) they want.

And what if the situation was reversed? Why is black racism, and violent threats by black radicals acceptable? These double standards are keeping race relations from progressing.
Why do you feel the need to derail any discussion into alleged "double standards"?

Campus climate that is devoid of hate should not welcome and encourage hatred by black radicals.
Of course not. No one suggested it should. Why do you feel the need to persist in this infantile "But black people do it too" whining?

Looks like yesterday was "National Offend a College Student Day":

http://www.inquisitr.com/2556282/tw...eclare-national-offend-a-college-student-day/

So, whether it is people being offended in schools or people being offended by the offense some people in some schools are taking over what they deem offensive, it is clear that everyone appears to be offended about something. And, social media sites like twitter gives a wonderful outlet for all the people who are offended over whatever they are offended by to express the offence they feel. And that leads us to the twitter hashtag #NationalOffendACollegeStudentDay.
I always find it odd that the right-wing seems to be all joyful when it comes to offending others, but the moment they get offended... oh boy!

http://www.inquisitr.com/2556282/twitter-outrage-offended-people-declare-national-offend-a-college-student-day/

So, whether it is people being offended in schools or people being offended by the offense some people in some schools are taking over what they deem offensive, it is clear that everyone appears to be offended about something. And, social media sites like twitter gives a wonderful outlet for all the people who are offended over whatever they are offended by to express the offence they feel. And that leads us to the twitter hashtag #NationalOffendACollegeStudentDay.

Holy buttery chocolate porcelain cow patty Batman! Maybe the pendulum is moving back to sanity: http://www.citynews.ca/2015/11/12/trending-toronto-school-institutes-ban-on-political-correctness/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2556282/tw...eclare-national-offend-a-college-student-day/
I always find it odd that the right-wing seems to be all joyful when it comes to offending others, but the moment they get offended... oh boy!

Cracker, pleezzzzzzz. What about those in the middle who view the left-wing and right-wing as hypersensitive pricks?*

*No offense meant to those with hyposensitive pricks.

Cracker, pleezzzzzzz. What about those in the middle who view the left-wing and right-wing as hypersensitive pricks?*

*No offense meant to those with hyposensitive pricks.

I'm pretty sure the hypersensitive pricks will find a way to take offence.

They're probably wondering why you are so upset.

It is their own version of political correctness. In fact, I don't think being courteous should even be labeled "politically correct." It's really things like straying from cultural dogma that gets a person into trouble. Remember when Bill Maher said something regarding 9/11 or the military and suddenly he lost his job.

Back
Top Bottom