• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

University of Minnesota Sexual Assault Case

READ THE REPORT so that you don't keep making such stupid statements

Why should I read a report from a source I don't consider credible?
For a number of reasons. First, it would be the act of someone who is open-minded and intellectually honest. Second, it is possible you might actually learn something about the situation. Third, it would elevate the credibility of your conclusions and statements above the stage of willfully ignorant. Fourth, it would provide a modicum of distance between your poorly reasoned position and that of a kneejerk rape apologist.

READ THE REPORT so that you don't keep making such stupid statements

Why should I read a report from a source I don't consider credible?

Among other reasons, because you have no valid argument that it is not credible because you have refused to read it. Because it would be the intellectually honest thing to do. Because you insist on spouting your willfully ignorant opinions in this thread, which means you are effectively trying to derail and troll the thread.

And because you and Derec refuse to read the report, you illustrate with every post in this thread that you have NO FUCKING CLUE what was determined, who was punished or what each of them was actually punished for.

- - - Updated - - -

I, for one, am not going to spoon-feed it to you.

Then you will continue to get the same mindless blanket denials.
Of course you might get the same result, even if armed with one YUUUGE spoon...

yep

He summed up the situation, the problem is that you are taking the university report as the word of god because it says what you want to hear.

I don't give a hoot what they determined because I do not trust that they were either skilled enough to reach a good conclusion or neutral enough to do so. The feds have made it clear they want punishment for sexual offenses based on poor evidence. Exonerating these guys would get them in hot water, expelling them will not.

The report contains more than just conclusions... it contains methodologies, and data. You are free to interpret the raw(ish) data (interview dialog)... Unless your intent is to just claim that the report claims things were said that were not said.. then there is no discussion... "all lies" is a non-starter.

Back
Top Bottom