• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

University of Minnesota Sexual Assault Case

I don't give a hoot ..
You have proven that already. You have no clue what actually happened. You have no clue what the police did. You have no clue what the University investigated. You have no clue what the University determined. You have no clue what violations of the University code of conduct were disciplined. You have no clue nor evidence that the University is under any pressure from the Federal gov't or not.

Even by your historical posting standards, you are completely posting out of your ass on this.

I asked you to sum up the facts. That you and RavenSky and others are so adamantly opposed to stating those facts makes me think the entire 80 page report does not contain any actual facts or evidence.

Wow! I thought Loren's excuses for not reading the report were kinda funny, but yours just made me laugh out loud. No one will spoon feed it to you, therefore it contains no facts.

Open your mouth baby bird, and let me regurgitate a little pre-digested information into it: the report contains summations of witness statements. Multiple statements made by multiple witnesses confirm certain essential facts that support the University's findings that Code of Conduct violations had occurred. There is even a handy table that shows which students were found or not found to have violated which rules. It's pretty straightforward. No big words or legalese. I'm sure you'll have no trouble understanding it.

Huh? The law states that colleges must allow an appeal and that challenges beyond that can be made in civil court.

So your legislature has gotten sensible and banned the forced binding arbitration???

Well, the legislature only set up the Department of Education and the Office of Civil Rights under Carter, the Obama administration interpreted the law to allow civil suits. This is expected to change under the Trump administration.

So your legislature has gotten sensible and banned the forced binding arbitration???

Well, the legislature only set up the Department of Education and the Office of Civil Rights under Carter, the Obama administration interpreted the law to allow civil suits. This is expected to change under the Trump administration.

The soon-to-be pussy-grabber-in-chief thinks sexual assault is fine, so I'm sure he will weaken all laws that help protect women from predators like him.

I asked you to sum up the facts. That you and RavenSky and others are so adamantly opposed to stating those facts makes me think the entire 80 page report does not contain any actual facts or evidence.

Wow! I thought Loren's excuses for not reading the report were kinda funny, but yours just made me laugh out loud. No one will spoon feed it to you, therefore it contains no facts.

Open your mouth baby bird, and let me regurgitate a little pre-digested information into it: the report contains summations of witness statements. Multiple statements made by multiple witnesses confirm certain essential facts that support the University's findings that Code of Conduct violations had occurred. There is even a handy table that shows which students were found or not found to have violated which rules. It's pretty straightforward. No big words or legalese. I'm sure you'll have no trouble understanding it.

All well and good but the report is a bit light on actual evidence that rape took place.

All well and good but the report is a bit light on actual evidence that rape took place.

That's probably why the University didn't list rape as one of the violations for which some of the students were disciplined.

I am certain you think I am one of those 'rape apologists', because I don't automatically assume a claim of rape was necessarily an actual rape until investigated and evidenced.

I read both reports in full. They practically read like two different incidents.

In the police report, the victim claims to have been drunk, flirtatious, and not sure if rape actually occurred. clear, verbal, and physical consent was given by the victim to have sex with two other men at the same time, however the victim appears to have thought there were three people when there were only two. As the incident continued, more men appeared on the scene and the testimony, photographs, and video footage taken by others nearby confirms the victim was outwardly welcoming and 'good natured' about it.

In the University report, a completely different story is written. In that story, consent was not given, she was held as a prisoner in a room with many men in it, and outwardly protested both verbally and physically. No physical evidence was provided that supported these claims, including the physical examination at the hospital the following day which did not reveal the expected injuries that would have occurred given this second version of the story.

My opinion after reading through over 100 pages... a three-way got out of hand in that it began to invite onlookers and additional participants and the woman did not say 'no'. The women acted coy, saying things like, "I can't take you all on" in a sarcastic tone, etc... The woman later regretted the event because many pictures and video of the event were taken, and uploaded to snapchat, instagram, and tinder... and people used her phone and account info to link it so she was clearly identified as the woman in the photos and videos...

She should have put limits on the encounter, didn't, and regretted it. This was 'retroactively rape, due to regret'.

The evidence collected by police was insufficient to arrest anyone for rape, because it wasn't
No evidence was collected by the U, but the new testimony was sufficient for them to apply their Sexual Harassment Policy.

And this is why I haven't bothered with reading the university "report". We have one group trained at finding the truth. We have another group of amateurs with an agenda. It's like the BBC vs Weekly World News.

Okay, where to begin...how about with Loren...no Loren, this isn't the reason you did not read the report. The reason you did not read the report is because you are a lazy cunt of a debater, in that you only read sources that agree with your conclusion when you even bother to read any sources at all. You have pretty much always 100% disregarded any source that you know is counter to your beliefs since I've been around here. Until you read the two reports you really should stfu about this case, just like everybody has said. You have nothing to say here because you literally know next to nothing.

Malificent - Yeah, you would have a good case if only you hadn't left out multiple pertinent points.

1. More than one of the accused told the police and the University, they either felt what was happening was wrong or heard the girl say something was wrong and she wanted it to stop. It's NOT just her saying this. It's people that have a lot to lose by admitting this happened and they did nothing saying it happened.

2. Witnesses including the accused stated to police and the University, that one of the accused told several people, without the girls permission that they could fuck her.

3. The same accused as #2 also sent her texts saying what happened wasn't cool and allegedly met with her to make sure she wasn't going to tell.

4. Witnesses, including more than one accused told the police and university that at various times accused persons were harassing her chanting things, flashing lights off and on and discussing who was going to fuck her next as more and more men, whom this girl couldn't even know where present decided who was going to be next.

5. Witnesses told police and the University that at various times the lights were off and/or the door was locked.

6. It doesn't matter if she agreed to a threesome. What matters is that at some point, several parties agree the girl did not want sex with some of these men and they still made her do it/and or did nothing to stop it.

7. More than just the accuser stated there was "rough sex" and it's known that there were multiple large football players having sex with her, two of the accused also said so. The fact that she didn't have massive trauma when she was examined is an oddity no matter whose story you believe. It doesn't make one version any more believable than the other.

8. The girl did not say she was out of her mind drunk to either police or the University.

9. She admittedly and clearly had lapses in memory at the beginning and began to remember details later, hence why with new information and memories her story changed slightly. The police officer that treated her told her that was likely to happen in cases like this, you evidently believe it's grounds to dismiss everything else.

10. It's pretty coincidental that in every case where she's describing sex acts with her version the actual sex acts nearly match up 100% of the time only the guys versions in 80% have excuses. Like it wasn't that one guy tried to coerce her when she said no to sex and said just do oral and eventually pushed her head to do it...his excuse for only having oral for a short period of time and then leaving was because he thought of his girlfriend. You found his version more believable. That says more about you than it does about the evidence.

11. In both stories she says she either thinks or knows she was raped. When she's saying she isn't sure at first it's because she knows she volunteered for sex with multiple partners and is feeling somehow partially culpable. She probably thought that she knew some of these people and knew their lives would be wrecked. It's not completely abnormal for victims to feel sympathy for shitty people. I've seen parents of children that were murdered hug and forgive the killer in court.

12. What doesn't differ in the story is that at least two accused stated she said no more, no, felt something was really wrong with what was happening and that she wasn't "feeling it". That another one said he walked in the room with her and wasn't down with the vibe and left. Why would they lie? If they were not lying and at ANY point that night she did not want to have sex and had to anyway, she was raped. Period.

13. Witnesses including the accused stated they heard her say "no more, do not send in any more" after yet another male entered teh room and the asshole from #2 said "this is the last one". That's rape.

14. You added the "sarcastic tone" to I can't take you all on. That was only you. None of the witnesses including the accused said anything like that about that statement. That says more about you than it does about the evidence in this case.

15. Multiple witnesses including the accused stated that they tried to stop the last person in the room because even they thought it was wrong and she did not want to have sex with that person. If those persons are being honest then a rape was occurring at that point, or at least they believed it was. Because they said they thought she did not want to have sex and that when they told the asshole from #2, he told them not to worry because she was "straight". And then that the raper would be the last one.

16. She does say 3 at once in the video, but the police, she and both the males in the video all say there were just her and the two males. So your point here is just fucking stupid as shit. Why would you even state it when you know what I'm saying is true, since you actually read the whole thing!? Because you are being a deceptive cunt, and only adding to the ignorance of a dumb shit like Loren who basically grunts and goes "see! I don't need to read, coz it's all bullshit! confirmed by a person!" when you do this. It's ignominious...shameless at best.

17. Not a single one of the males stories match another males, or hers. You choose to pick parts of their stories that don't conflict and believe that's what likely happened by summarizing it for...the stupid to chow down on as brain fodder.

18. "I am certain you think I am one of those 'rape apologists'" Now why in the fuck would you assume that? :humph:

Last edited:
And this is why I haven't bothered with reading the university "report". We have one group trained at finding the truth. We have another group of amateurs with an agenda. It's like the BBC vs Weekly World News.

Okay, where to begin...how about with Loren...no Loren, this isn't the reason you did not read the report. The reason you did not read the report is because you are a lazy cunt of a debater, in that you only read sources that agree with your conclusion when you even bother to read any sources at all. You have pretty much always 100% disregarded any source that you know is counter to your beliefs since I've been around here. Until you read the two reports you really should stfu about this case, just like everybody has said. You have nothing to say here because you literally know next to nothing.

Malificent - Yeah, you would have a good case if only you hadn't left out multiple pertinent points.

And when did you quit beating your husband?

(You're assuming that the university report is 100% correct.)

What in the report can we assume to be incorrect? If there is a random typo should the report be judged to be untrustworthy?

Spoken like a true rape apologist, especially since you are in no position to make any judgments due to your willful ignorance of the facts of the case.

Seems like a consistent attribute of right wingers - they happily rush to uninformed judgment on any issue where one side agrees with their a priori assumptions.

No, that makes no sense at all. You disregard something 100% because one person told you it wasn't 100% accurate. I point out that person left out multiple important details, you counter that I must believe the university report is 100% accurate.

1. You haven't even read it. Nothing here you're saying really matters until you do.

2. No crime report is 100% accurate, numb nuts. Never has and never will be.

3. At no point did I say the University report was 100% accurate. I said I read both reports and there are incriminating statements made by the accused in both. You'd know exactly what I was referring to if you'd fucking read it.

4. Actually taking the time to read information before opening your fucking mouth doesn't mean you believe it 100%. It's just a matter of showing even the slightest bit of curiosity before speaking and making a complete asshole out of yourself. Give it a try sometime.

5. You've yet to say "I do" darling, so I haven't even began...how can I tell you when I quit?

He said no such thing. But if there is something inaccurate in the report, you need to read the report and find it. Go ahead, we will wait. In the meantime, you have nothing further to say of the topic.

What in the report can we assume to be incorrect? If there is a random typo should the report be judged to be untrustworthy?

Spoken like a true rape apologist, especially since you are in no position to make any judgments due to your willful ignorance of the facts of the case.

The thing is we have two reports of the incident, one by professionals, one by amateurs.

I'm much more inclined to trust the one made by the professionals.

The thing is we have two reports of the incident, one by professionals, one by amateurs.
That is literally false.
Which professionals? We have two reports of the incident. One report is based on 90 seconds of video and a couple of interviews and concentrates of possible violations of the criminal code. The second report is includes the information in the first report plus interviews of many more witnesses and concentrates on violations of university policy and university codes of conduct. The OP is about the discipline by the University for violations of university policy and university codes of conduct. You refuse to read the relevant report (the second one) based on wishful thinking and an assumption about competence - an assumption that has been shown to be unwarranted in the case of the Minneapolis PD with links to recent cases. Which means you are commenting on a situation of which you are willfully and woefully ignorant.

But which one do the professionals trust? Looks like many are finding fault with the police report since the police were looking for chargeable offenses, they didn't go as deep as the so called "amateurs".

http://www.startribune.com/charges-in-u-sex-case-still-possible/408364156/

Experts found fault with the MPD’s investigation but differed on whether the U’s more detailed report could lead to criminal charges against some of the 10 players who were suspended, of whom five face possible expulsion.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman is reviewing both investigations and will make a decision on what to do next by the end of the year, his spokesman said. If Freeman again declines to charge, as he did in early October, it would likely mean the end of any kind of criminal case.

“I was surprised at the difference between the two portrayals of what occurred that night,” Gaertner said. “The two do differ markedly in tone and level of detail.”

Sarah Deer, a professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law who specializes in sexual assault cases, said after reviewing both investigations she believes there’s enough to convince a jury of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

“If those things in the University report were confirmed or corroborated,” she said, “there may very well be enough evidence to file charges.”

The thing is we have two reports of the incident, one by professionals, one by amateurs [different professionals in a different capacity].

How the fuck would you know? You didn't read the other report. If you did, you'd understand how incredibly stupid and nonsensical every one of your comments on this thread sound.

Go read the report or stfu

http://www.kare11.com/news/prosecutor-decides-no-charges-after-2nd-look-at-gophers-case/380718685

Breaking:
Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced the decision Friday in his second look at the September incident. Freeman previously declined to charge the players in November, citing a lack of evidence.

A school investigation of the incident resulted in the suspensions ahead of Tuesday's Holiday Bowl game and a brief boycott by their teammates. The report said the woman believed she had sex with 10 to 20 players.

Freeman calls the player's behavior recounted in that investigation deplorable.

The players are due for an appeal hearing next month. Some face permanent expulsion.

http://www.kare11.com/news/prosecutor-decides-no-charges-after-2nd-look-at-gophers-case/380718685

Breaking:
Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced the decision Friday in his second look at the September incident. Freeman previously declined to charge the players in November, citing a lack of evidence.

A school investigation of the incident resulted in the suspensions ahead of Tuesday's Holiday Bowl game and a brief boycott by their teammates. The report said the woman believed she had sex with 10 to 20 players.

Freeman calls the player's behavior recounted in that investigation deplorable.

The players are due for an appeal hearing next month. Some face permanent expulsion.

Several people here will read that and conclude that they were correct all along, and that the university was wrong to suspend any of the players - even those these same people will STILL not have read the university's report to understand exactly what the university's conclusions were and exactly what the various players were actually suspended for. And none of these same people will give a furry rat's ass about the horrific events the girl was put through because, hey, she semi-sort-of agrees to fuck two guys at the same time so that obviously means 8 or more others are entitled to fuck her over her objections.

Several people here will read that and conclude that they were correct all along, and that the university was wrong to suspend any of the players - even those these same people will STILL not have read the university's report to understand exactly what the university's conclusions were and exactly what the various players were actually suspended for. And none of these same people will give a furry rat's ass about the horrific events the girl was put through because, hey, she semi-sort-of agrees to fuck two guys at the same time so that obviously means 8 or more others are entitled to fuck her over her objections.

Apparently they were not suspended for actual sexual assault, because there is no evidence that ever happened.
Interesting how you lose your mind over this case, but at the same time defend Islamic rapefugees in Sverigestan being treated with kid gloves...

Back
Top Bottom