• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US Evangelicals attempt new world stupidity record

Let's pretend I'm Starbuck's vice president in charge of advertising and customer relations. I'm facing a reduced ad budget because of falling revenues. I need some way to get the Starbucks brand spread over every social media forum in the county. This is tricky because negative news is easy to spread. One person puts up a post about someone found a spider swimming in their latte and it's all over the world in 20 seconds. It has to be something which puts Starbucks in a sympathetic light.

What would I do?

:lol:

Anyway, people don't go there for the classic cup of joe; they go for the caffeinated milkshakes that they mysteriously refer to as "coffee."

That describes me! For nearly 50 years I never drank coffee (and I still don't drink actual coffee). But now I am addicted to Starbucks Cafe Mocha. I don't pretend it is coffee, though :D

Cup did not bother me. I like red and can put my own designs on it or leave it like it is.

Welcome to America, where this is not evidence of persecution, but a red coffee cup is.
Well, if conservative political piety gets its way we'll just have the FBI stop collecting data on these incidents and the problem will go away.

A bit late to the war but:
966d83708017013323e6005056a9545d

I'm convinced that people just like feeling oppressed.

If I'm being oppressed than I can continue just being angry instead of being conscientious and objective.

If I'm being oppressed than I can continue just being angry instead of being conscientious and objective.

No, it's not that at all.

This is just a typical strategy of the privileged to justify being privileged.

If you work to make society unjust and wrong others, you need to dehumanize your victims by claiming to be the "real" victim. That way you can sleep at night without the effort of becoming a decent person.

There is definitely a certain personality type that seeks pity... lavishes in it. "You poor thing" is the best thing they can hear from someone.

There is definitely a certain personality type that seeks pity... lavishes in it. "You poor thing" is the best thing they can hear from someone.
And unfortunately, many of them cannot detect sarcasm in that phrase.
Nor in the phrase, "You're right. He owes you an apology. Go demand one."

Back
Top Bottom