• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US Presidency 2020

So straight up the GOP is a thoroughly corrupt party right? If they had the interest of the public at hand a lot of their policies wouldn't exist, or be up for debate, right?

I honestly can't even think about American politics without images of good versus evil coming to mind.

What policies????? "Obama sucks!" is not a policy. Campaign rhetoric is not a policy. Missile launches are not foreign policy. "repeal Obamacare" is not health policy.
"Nuh-Uh!" is not a solution.

Has Clinton said she won't run?

I heard her say that in a recent interview, but in 3 years, who knows. She could change her mind.

What a horrible thought. Trump would win again.

God forbid! Y'know what REALLY put me off Hillary? Caucusing for Bernie. Small precinct, probably 18 people showed up to caucus. Bernie voters were all "normal" looking - attire ranging from business casual to mildly grungy. All six or so HRC backers were women dressed to the nines, who spent the two+ hours huddled together whispering between themselves so that the only thing anyone else could hear was "and do you KNOW what Bernie did?".
Useless bitches on the face of it - they might as well have been republicans.

1st Tier (If they run, they have a real chance to win the nomination)
  • Joe Biden -- former Vice President
  • Bernie Sanders -- VT Senator
  • Elizabeth Warren -- MA Senator
So all the "first tier" contenders are either already over 70 (Biden, Sanders) or will be by the Iowa caucuses.
Dems need some new blood. Not A gerontocracy (see also Pelosi, Nancy).

2nd Tier (Have potential to be a major contender but not there....yet)
  • Cory Booker -- NJ Senator
  • Andrew Cuomo -- NY Governor
  • Al Franken -- MN Senator
  • Kamala Harris -- CA Senator
  • Jay Inslee -- WA Governor
  • Tim Kaine -- VA Senator
  • Terry McAuliffe -- VA Governor
  • Chris Murphy -- CT Senator
This seems a more credible list, although I would put Harris and Smalley down into third tier for sure.

NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand states that she wants to get re-elected rather than run for President.
Her support for the Mattress Girl, even after her claims were discredited, should disqualify her from any office.

NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand states that she wants to get re-elected rather than run for President.
Her support for the Mattress Girl, even after her claims were discredited, should disqualify her from any office.

:hysterical: Yeah - offending conservative snowflakes by coddling a lying anti-rape activist should be disqualifying, but BEING a fucking rapist like El Cheato is just a symptom of the kind of MANLINESS we need in the Whitehouse, right?

It's too bad Jerry Brown is so old.
That alone should make him eligible to be "first tier" candidate. Sad state of affairs.
Conservatives have vilified him since the 1970s, but he's a hell of a governor (California).
In the 70s it was "Governor Moonbeam" but these days it's "Gobernador Rayo de Luna". He is going all in in favor of unlimited illegal immigration from Latin America. :(

The DNC needs to begin identifying younger contenders right now.
I agree.
No matter how badly things go under Trump, the next election can't be taken for granted.
Yes, the biggest mistake Hillary/Dems made was probably to underestimate Trump.

We saw W. get re-elected even after the disastrous fucking lie that was the Iraq War. A box of old shoes should've been able to beat W.
Too bad Dems nominated one guy they had with less charisma than a box of old shoes.

:hysterical: Yeah - offending conservative snowflakes by coddling a lying anti-rape activist should be disqualifying,
Wait, so you support Gilibrand's behavior here? You think the only people who would object to her role in the Matressgate are "conservative snowflakes"? Also, just like your mentor laughing dog, you do not understand what that word means.
but BEING a fucking rapist like El Cheato is just a symptom of the kind of MANLINESS we need in the Whitehouse, right?
- I do not support Trump
- whom did he rape?

- - - Updated - - -

Literally!

Wait, so you support Gilibrand's behavior here?
Did I say that?

- I do not support Trump

Do you think his bragging about sexual assault should have been disqualifying?

- whom did he rape?

Nobody he can't pay off or otherwise silence. If you were raped by teh Donald, would you tell anyone?
After his pissing party God only knows what kind of STD he's been passing around... would you want people to know about that?

We now know, however, after Trump getting elected, that nearly nothing actually disqualifies anybody from office.

Did I say that?
You kinda did by suggesting that only people opposed to Gillibrand's support of Mattress Girl are "conservative snowflakes".
Gillibrand is an extremist when it comes to so-called "rape culture" on campuses (she shows complete disregard to due process or the idea that the accused students might be innocent) and has shown very poor judgment. She really should not be reelected for Senate, much less run for higher office.

Are you referring to that secretly recorded tape? I do not think "bragging about sexual assault" is what was going on there. More like "when you are rich and famous women let you do stuff to them they would not let regular men do".

Nobody he can't pay off or otherwise silence. If you were raped by the Donald, would you tell anyone?
So you really got nothing. Not even specific females that are accusing him like Bill Clinton had with Juanita Broadrick.

After his pissing party God only knows what kind of STD he's been passing around... would you want people to know about that?
That's another good point. Do you think those Russian prostitutes are just that professional and committed to confidentiality of their clients that they are not tempted by the money a US media outlet would offer them for a tell-all?

Simple yes/no question seems to have send Derec running away.
Certainly not! I am just not on this forum 24/7.

And yet here you are, answering the meta-question of why you don't answer the question; but failing to actually answer the question. :rolleyes:

None of the first tier are running. Too old. Bottom tier, goodness help us if it comes to that! I'd add Sheldon Whitehouse to the list of people in the second tier. I don't see Franken running for President.

I don't know if they'll run again, but Tim Kaine and Martin O'Malley were both pretty uninspiring in 2016.

Warren would be 71 in 2020. Younger than Sanders was when he ran, and younger than Trump will be in 2020. Long shot, but not out of the realm of possibility.

I would glad vote for Warren over Trump. However, I don't think that she's inspiring at all. She remains focuses on the 2009 crash and doesn't seem to have fresh ideas. I think that the dems need a left leaning Trump. Someone very rich, inspiring, and straight shooting. A social liberal but one who wants the economy to grow. To me, there is only one person who is close to this: Mark Cuban.

You kinda did by suggesting that only people opposed to Gillibrand's support of Mattress Girl are "conservative snowflakes".

The shoe fits. They don't complain about Trump entertaining Epstein the known child molester (among numerous other pervert cohorts) , but melt down about an overzealous lying rape opponent. and call supporting her "disqualifying"...

Gillibrand is an extremist when it comes to so-called "rape culture" on campuses

Trump and his whole Republican cabal, including their propaganda arm FOX News, are extremists advocates of "rape culture" by the same measure. Would you like some supporting quotes?

Elixir said:
Derec said:
Are you referring to that secretly recorded tape? I do not think "bragging about sexual assault" is what was going on there

I'll take that as a coward's "no", unless you wish to clarify.
Oh - you think Trumpy was just making shit up. eh? He wouldn't do THAT, would he?
But God forbid anyone else commit that sin, such as...
. the myriad women who stepped forward - some seeking no compensation or retribution - they're ALL making shit up, right?
But remember - that only makes them as bad as Cheato, no worse.

Anyhow...
Certainly not! I am just not on this forum 24/7.

And yet here you are, answering the meta-question of why you don't answer the question; but failing to actually answer the question. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:hysterical: Yeah - offending conservative snowflakes by coddling a lying anti-rape activist should be disqualifying, but BEING a fucking rapist like El Cheato is just a symptom of the kind of MANLINESS we need in the Whitehouse, right?

Why would lying about rape only offend conservative snowflakes? Why would it not offend liberals as well. In fact, why would it not offend actual rape victims who may have been done real harm by this woman, as people may not take them as seriously as they should due to her actions?

Would any republican try to run against Trump? That's a possibility isn't it?

Incumbent presidents have faced primary challengers before so it's possible. At this time I don't know of anyone willing to challenge him.

Back
Top Bottom