• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

Then again so did the DNC

At some point you angry kids are going to have to let up a bit on the DNC. They didn't steal the election from Bernie. Hillary was the Democratic nominee because more Democrats voted for her.

Not to mention the electoral shenanigans, the super delegates voting as they did, the biased media coverage and so on.

He ran a fairly good campaign, cheaper than Clinton's and given that he didn't have to release his tax returns, and was mired in a sex scandal, and a million other outrages, there certainly was skill involved. Doesn't mean he'll be a good president though... but maybe he'll surprise everyone once again.
The Russians and the FBI helped him.
The FBI decided this election.

At some point you angry kids are going to have to let up a bit on the DNC. They didn't steal the election from Bernie. Hillary was the Democratic nominee because more Democrats voted for her.

Lets not pretend she ran a fair primary. And yes, I said she ran it. Because she did. DNC head gets disgraced for bias and goes to work for Hillary campaign right after.

She deserved to lose. Sad thing is the price of that considering who she ran against in the general.

If you think Bernie would have fared better tonight, I've got some Trump steaks I'd like to sell you.

Lets not pretend she ran a fair primary. And yes, I said she ran it. Because she did. DNC head gets disgraced for bias and goes to work for Hillary campaign right after.

She deserved to lose. Sad thing is the price of that considering who she ran against in the general.

If you think Bernie would have fared better tonight, I've got some Trump steaks I'd like to sell you.

Yes. Bernie would have done considerably better tonight. It would have been outsider vs outsider. Hillary lost because she IS the establishment.

Then again so did the DNC

She had too much fucking baggage man, pure and simple. She plays dirty, voted for the wars, voted for the bailouts, and just uses the gay community, female voters, and minorities to further herself. Her base simply just saw through things and decided not to be used again.

She had too much fucking baggage man, pure and simple. She plays dirty, voted for the wars, voted for the bailouts, and just uses the gay community, female voters, and minorities to further herself. Her base simply just saw through things and decided not to be used again.

Exactly this. Nobody wanted to vote for her. It was all a matter of voting against Trump for the Democrats, and that excited too few.

So they all went for Trump. Because he's never used anyone.

Got it.

Got it.

They went with Trump because they wanted to burn the house down.

Got it.

Or simply stayed home like me, because at this point why bother?

Exactly this. Nobody wanted to vote for her. It was all a matter of voting against Trump for the Democrats, and that excited too few.

Which raises the question of why the hell did Democrats choose her as the nominee during the primaries.

Which raises the question of why the hell did Democrats choose her as the nominee during the primaries.

Because the primaries are for democrats and ignore independants or left-sympathetic republicans.

Or simply stayed home like me, because at this point why bother?

Yeah. Not like there's anything at stake. Fuck it. Let it all burn.

Yup, and it's a good thing, when Hillary's political career burns to the ground and the Dems lose ground they had for too long taken for granted, suddenly they may show a newfound appreciation for their voter base, especially the newer generation. Not voting is simply the most impactful thing I could have done, in doing so I have proclaimed that I am not to be taken for granted as a partisan voter like my parents and grandparents.

my vote is not a given, it's EARNED

Yeah. Not like there's anything at stake. Fuck it. Let it all burn.

Yup, and it's a good thing, when Hillary's political career burns to the ground and the Dems lose ground they had for too long taken for granted, suddenly they may show a newfound appreciation for their voter base, especially the newer generation.

Well, that's what the Bernie guys were saying. Let's hope they're right.

Back
Top Bottom