• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

That's right blastula. There was a deep seated rage that no one in the political establishment knew how to control (though many exploited it here and there) and it was bigger than any one party.

In the end, I think people were tired of being told what to do, and doing it and not getting any benefit. So when we told them 'don't vote for Trump, he'll ruin everything,' they said 'great!'

Its true that we might have won with a better candidate. It is also true that this would have been problematic for any candidate.

Clinton wasn't running in the Republican primary, so how did he win that?
The Republican rank and file were sick of their establishment elite politicians and dumped them all. It is a shame the the Democrats haven't yet (and probably won't ever) get sick of their establishment elite politicians. If they had for this election then maybe they would have offered someone better then Trump that people could vote for.

The comforting thought is that it now looks like the Bush family and other Republican "leaders" have been completely rejected by the Republican voters

Please clap

Or why not outsource it to Berliners? I hear they've had quite the experience building a wall "for protection" against evil foreigners with their foreign customs and threatening ideas.
1. The Berlin Wall was to keep people in, not out. It is the difference between locking somebody in your house against their will, and locking the door to your house so uninvited people can't just walk in.
2. Berlin Wall had nothing to do with "foreigners" as it separated two parts of Germany that spoke the same language and had the same customs.

We really should outsource it to the Israelis. They do not fuck about.
tumblr_ntfr0nUZtK1rveni1o1_400.jpg

We really should outsource it to the Israelis. They do not fuck about.

I'm in favour of this. Not because it's a good idea or anything but because it would be awesome if the first thing that The Donald does as President is to outsource the work on one of his major initiatives to foreigners.

I don't buy this "anti-establishment" bumper sticker explanation. These same voters voted in the usual retread establishment politicians in the other races.

I don't buy this "anti-establishment" bumper sticker explanation. These same voters voted in the usual retread establishment politicians in the other races.

But then you look at the ballot initiatives, and you see a string of progressive victories across the country. So what are we to make of this?

I don't think Preibus ever thought Trump could win. Heck, Limbaugh didn't! His job was to get the vote out to save the down ticket races. Never in his wildest dreams would he have thought victory was possible.

But then you look at the ballot initiatives, and you see a string of progressive victories across the country. So what are we to make of this?

Oddly, in CA, not only did we vote to keep the death penalty, we voted to speed it up !

Oddly, in CA, not only did we vote to keep the death penalty, we voted to speed it up !

Sure but the general trend seems to be more government spending on social projects, increasing minimum wages, decriminalization on MJ, ect.

Its almost as if our labels don't actually describe reality!

They did exactly what their political whore AM radio daddies told them to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Its almost as if our labels don't actually describe reality!
Sure the heck the 2010 and 2016 elections didn't seem to have anything to do with reality.

Clinton wasn't running in the Republican primary, so how did he win that?
The Republican rank and file were sick of their establishment elite politicians and dumped them all. It is a shame the the Democrats haven't yet (and probably won't ever) get sick of their establishment elite politicians. If they had for this election then maybe they would have offered someone better then Trump that people could vote for.

The comforting thought is that it now looks like the Bush family and other Republican "leaders" have been completely rejected by the Republican voters

I for one want to be ruled by the establishment (ie educated political class) elites. They're called elites for a reason. They have to work for it. Yes, they come from privileged families. But they still have to work for it.

The alternative will always be people who're just winging it and don't know what they're doing

I for one want to be ruled by the establishment (ie educated political class) elites. They're called elites for a reason. They have to work for it. Yes, they come from privileged families. But they still have to work for it.

The alternative will always be people who're just winging it and don't know what they're doing
You have apparently never watched CSPAN. Our congress critters are not the intelligentsia. My old representative before I moved was the one who was grilling an admiral during a congressional hearing about sending 5,000 Marines to Guam. He seriously asked the admiral if he wasn't concerned that that many people on that island might cause it to tip over and capsize. This genius was using that concern as a reason to block authorization. Many of the other decisions he made that effected our lives in this country were just as absurd.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6E57gUbJ_I[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqkUbTLqz7E[/YOUTUBE]

You have apparently never watched CSPAN. Our congress critters are not the intelligentsia. My old representative before I moved was the one who was grilling an admiral during a congressional hearing about sending 5,000 Marines to Guam. He seriously asked the admiral if he wasn't concerned that that many people on that island might cause it to tip over and capsize. This genius was using that concern as a reason to block authorization. Many of the other decisions he made that effected our lives in this country were just as absurd.
Ah yes, but he is still better than his predecessor.

Ah yes, but he is still better than his predecessor.

But Cynthia was the cutest little communist in Congress even though I was told by her staff in her office that they didn't care to hear about a white boy's concerns.

Not to be outdone I once was forced to hear an opinion of one of the representatives of certain federal law enforcement branch about Higgs Boson, he was flabbergasted and then pissed off (at useless scientists) when I told him that Higgs Boson can not be used for weapons. He honestly did not understand why scientists do what they do. And no, I am not kidding, they guy was fuming.

Last edited:
Not to be outdone I once was forced to hear an opinion of one of the representatives of certain federal law enforcement branch about Higgs Boson, he was flabbergasted and then pissed off (at useless scientists) when I told him that Higgs Boson can not be used for weapons. He honestly did not understand why scientists do what they do. And no, I am not kidding, they guy was fuming.

There is a real possibility that you could collapse the Higgs field, and as a result destroy the entire universe.

If that's not a weapons application then what is?

There is a real possibility that you could collapse the Higgs field, and as a result destroy the entire universe.

If that's not a weapons application then what is?
Damn, I have not thought of that, thanks!
It could have saved me from embarrassment.

Back
Top Bottom