• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

And Coke and Pepsi. Here they "compete" here to actively keep out lower-priced products.

Klobuchar is making opening moves NPR implies she is seeking to run for president.

http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2015/04/klobuchar-writes-memoir/

Few politicians in these parts have benefited from idle national speculation more than Sen. Amy Klobuchar. She’s been mentioned as a potential Supreme Court member, possibly an attorney general nominee without a whiff of evidence that she was a serious contender for either position.

We presume her presidential possibilities are next now that word has come that she’s writing her memoir, a requirement these days if you’re going to run for president.

Klobuchar is making opening moves NPR implies she is seeking to run for president.

http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2015/04/klobuchar-writes-memoir/

Few politicians in these parts have benefited from idle national speculation more than Sen. Amy Klobuchar. She’s been mentioned as a potential Supreme Court member, possibly an attorney general nominee without a whiff of evidence that she was a serious contender for either position.

We presume her presidential possibilities are next now that word has come that she’s writing her memoir, a requirement these days if you’re going to run for president.
Nice zinger on the memoir. I remember the pop-up book memoir they released for Palin. What was it? 115 pages with big type and lots of photos.

Has there ever been a female President in the States before? A female would surely grab a major portion of the female vote. It would be a novelty for the States to elect a Palin or a Clinton.

Has there ever been a female President in the States before? A female would surely grab a major portion of the female vote. It would be a novelty for the States to elect a Palin or a Clinton.
Palin?!

It would be novel, that's for sure. A novel disaster, that's for certain. But a novelty nonetheless.
She could literally be lifting the US off the Earth into a portal leading straight to hell... and she'd still have 40% Republican support, with people defending her by saying "Oh, just blame everything on Palin!"

Was he facing some sort of well known political juggernaut in 1990?

I don't seem to remember one, though I was but a lad.

The only thing I'm looking forward to in '16 is that Ron Paul isn't running. :)
I was also young, but I remember that in 1990 Bush Sr. was still popular riding on a successful military endeavor. At the time he seemed unbeatable but two years later he was beaten.
Reagan recession, dreaded tax increase, and Rush Limbaugh. Clinton was also hip, could play the sax, and knew what a grocery store scanner was.

I was also young, but I remember that in 1990 Bush Sr. was still popular riding on a successful military endeavor. At the time he seemed unbeatable but two years later he was beaten.
Reagan recession, dreaded tax increase, and Rush Limbaugh. Clinton was also hip, could play the sax, and knew what a grocery store scanner was.
He also wasn't this:
78821.jpg

If you think that Bush Sr was a juggernaut, remind me never to attend a hindu festival with you.

I was but a lad, but I recall never really being impressed with him. Nor anyone else.

Which misses the point. I asked how well known Bill Clinton was in 1990, as a response to people saying that some genuinely good Democrat candidates are too unknown.

And you forgot to add Perot to your list of reasons why Clinton beat Bush.

Back
Top Bottom