• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

Yes... "red" is missing.

Poll updates:

New Hampshire has Clinton up by a couple of points.
Arizona has Trump up by 4 points, McCain by 6 over Kirkpatrick.
Georgia has Trump by 3 points.

As things stand, we are looking at a '12 result, thought with Arizona at 4 pts, that feels like a NC win for Clinton. But it is early. Clinton could start steamrollering or we have these tight races in battlegrounds, with Clinton leaning in all of them.

Who will Trump make his Secretary of Defense, Michelle Bachmann?

Nooo that would be Sarah's job, as in J-O-B, doncha know! She was toe to toe with the Russians up in Alaska, you betcha!

The missiles would be flying', the arabs'd be dyin"! We'd be a-rootin'-tooin'-shootin'-pootin', by golly!

And Donald Trump is already tweeting that a terrorist attack brought down Egypt Air 804. Cynical ploy. If he is correct, he looks like he is wise. If he is wrong, his followers won't care. In the meantime, guess who all the news outlets are talking about instead of the crash itself.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

This is very interesting and I would presume a result of the meeting with Ryan. I don't think anyone has ever released a list of potential Supreme Court nominees (leaked sure), period, forget during a campaign.

For those hopeful of a liberal Trump, the release of this list indicates he is synchronizing his campaign to be more Republican Establishment friendly... so he can get money. A vote for Trump is becoming a vote to restart up the W Administration's policies.

This is very interesting and I would presume a result of the meeting with Ryan. I don't think anyone has ever released a list of potential Supreme Court nominees (leaked sure), period, forget during a campaign.

For those hopeful of a liberal Trump, the release of this list indicates he is synchronizing his campaign to be more Republican Establishment friendly... so he can get money. A vote for Trump is becoming a vote to restart up the W Administration's policies.

Maybe. What rationale would you be using to assume that his actions eight months from now would be in any way related to what he says those actions would be today? Because I don't understand the basis of that rationale.

Maybe. What rationale would you be using to assume that his actions eight months from now would be in any way related to what he says those actions would be today? Because I don't understand the basis of that rationale.
Because unlike most of his life, he would need to get shit approved by the Republicans in Congress. He most likely wouldn't be establishing an alliance with the Democrats. Also, he is doing this so the GOP gives him $1 billion to run a General Election.

Because unlike most of his life, he would need to get shit approved by the Republicans in Congress. He most likely wouldn't be establishing an alliance with the Democrats. Also, he is doing this so the GOP gives him $1 billion to run a General Election.

Ya, and other people gave him billions to develop real estate properties and he then just declared bankruptcy and fucked them out of their money and didn't give a shit. Trump isn't the kind of person who stays bought once you buy him. He doesn't care whether or not others get their money's worth just so long as things end up benefitting him.

Ya, and other people gave him billions to develop real estate properties and he then just declared bankruptcy and fucked them out of their money and didn't give a shit.
That isn't true. They gave Trump money to put his name on the building, to offer it the reflection that was the regal stature of all things Trump. Trump didn't do much at all on a number of those jobs, other than to put his name on the Advertising.
Trump isn't the kind of person who stays bought once you buy him. He doesn't care whether or not others get their money's worth just so long as things end up benefitting him.
He'd be pissing off people of significant importance here. Besides, there is a lot more going on ... well, actually less going on here. Most of this is... well... about money. Trump doesn't like wasting his.

Trump meets with Ryan because Trump doesn't have anywhere near enough cash to run a General Election on his own...(even if he did, he wouldn't spent it!) heck... he has barely put any money into his run at this point to begin with. Ryan tells him, you want the money, here are some things that are going to change. Trump says, fuck I don't care, as long as I don't put my own money into a losing bid for the White House...(or a winning bid... as spending hundreds of millions isn't worth the return of a book deal)... I'll say anything and make tens of millions on my next book. Ryan is happy as the swerve by Trump will help reduce lowered turnout so Ryan can remain Speaker of the House. Trump is happy because he doesn't waste any of his own money. Republicans lose White House in November, but maintain the House and Trump gets tens of millions in a book deal... win fucking win man!

Doesn't explicitly blame Clinton for the alleged shooting, but the context seems to be pointing towards her, which would be ridiculous. Why would the Clinton campaign do anything like that. That would be like holding the opposing offense to 3 downs and a punt, and then flubbing the punt return and giving the ball back to the Sanders campaign.

Man, the Sanders campaign is not impressing me right now.

Ya, and other people gave him billions to develop real estate properties and he then just declared bankruptcy and fucked them out of their money and didn't give a shit.
That isn't true. They gave Trump money to put his name on the building, to offer it the reflection that was the regal stature of all things Trump. Trump didn't do much at all on a number of those jobs, other than to put his name on the Advertising.
Trump isn't the kind of person who stays bought once you buy him. He doesn't care whether or not others get their money's worth just so long as things end up benefitting him.
He'd be pissing off people of significant importance here. Besides, there is a lot more going on ... well, actually less going on here. Most of this is... well... about money. Trump doesn't like wasting his.

Trump meets with Ryan because Trump doesn't have anywhere near enough cash to run a General Election on his own...(even if he did, he wouldn't spent it!) heck... he has barely put any money into his run at this point to begin with. Ryan tells him, you want the money, here are some things that are going to change. Trump says, fuck I don't care, as long as I don't put my own money into a losing bid for the White House...(or a winning bid... as spending hundreds of millions isn't worth the return of a book deal)... I'll say anything and make tens of millions on my next book. Ryan is happy as the swerve by Trump will help reduce lowered turnout so Ryan can remain Speaker of the House. Trump is happy because he doesn't waste any of his own money. Republicans lose White House in November, but maintain the House and Trump gets tens of millions in a book deal... win fucking win man!

Ya, that's my point. He will say whatever he needs to say right now in order to get them to give him the money. A year from now if he's President, they will have already given him the money so there isn't any justification for him to do the things that he said he would do in exchange for the money. The effect that this action would have on four years from now when he's running for re-election isn't the kind of thing he'd bother to consider because he'd have his own fundraisers and, let's face it, he'd be better at fundraising than anyone else could possibly be - seriously, he'd be great at it.

Ya, that's my point. He will say whatever he needs to say right now in order to get them to give him the money. A year from now if he's President, they will have already given him the money so there isn't any justification for him to do the things that he said he would do in exchange for the money.
Trump needs Congress to do anything he promised to do. That is one major check on him staying honest with the GOP.
The effect that this action would have on four years from now when he's running for re-election isn't the kind of thing he'd bother to consider because he'd have his own fundraisers and, let's face it, he'd be better at fundraising than anyone else could possibly be - seriously, he'd be great at it.
Not with a do nothing Congress.

Ya, that's my point. He will say whatever he needs to say right now in order to get them to give him the money. A year from now if he's President, they will have already given him the money so there isn't any justification for him to do the things that he said he would do in exchange for the money.
Trump needs Congress to do anything he promised to do. That is one major check on him staying honest with the GOP.
The effect that this action would have on four years from now when he's running for re-election isn't the kind of thing he'd bother to consider because he'd have his own fundraisers and, let's face it, he'd be better at fundraising than anyone else could possibly be - seriously, he'd be great at it.
Not with a do nothing Congress.

Trump isn't making promises, just ask him. All he is doing is making suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom