• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Very Big News: We killed the ISIS leader again

For admitting I didn't know a fact??? You informed me. So I thanked you. Do you hate facts?

What's wrong with the headline, "Terrorist coward Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi dies whining and crying at 48" instead?

How do you know he was whining and crying? Is there a video?

I thought he set off a suicide vest. That takes guts.
Unlike Bonespurs, who fires people by tweet to avoid confronting them.

Brave? A murder-suicide of children is brave? I'm not following you here. A brave man would surrender and face trial for his crimes, not take the coward's way out along with several innocents.

Why are you sticking up for a terrorist? You guys treat the average Joe Christian worse than terrorists.

I am not defending him. I don't even know him. For example, I didn't even know he was a scholar until you told me.

Has he wriiten any books? Or peer-reviewed papers?

THE WASHINGTON POST SAID HE WAS A SCHOLAR!!! NOT ME!!!

IT'S THEIR WAY OF LOW-KEY PRAISING THE TERRORIST FILTH!!!

It would be like when John Wayne Gacy died, newspapers writing headlines, "Children's entertainer dead." or when Hitler died a newspaper writing, "Noted vegetetarian dog loving artist dies in bunker."

Can't you see how these would be FOOLISH AND DISHONEST?!?!? Sounds like low-key praise!

I didn't know Hitler loved dogs. Thanks for the info.

Also, in order to be a proper analogy for Hitler, wouldn't it say
"Adolf Hitler, austere right-winger at helm of Nazi regime dies?"

Brave? A murder-suicide of children is brave? I'm not following you here. A brave man would surrender and face trial for his crimes, not take the coward's way out along with several innocents.

Not necessarily. He may have worried Trump would use him for a show trial propaganda, or a bargaining chip with Putin, or a public execution, thus bravely denying the Orange Turd any such oportunity.
So, maybe the one brave act he ever took was his last.

Well, that and becoming a terr'ist in the first place. HALF has made it clear tgat he can only respect people who call for battle AND choose to join the battle.

Here is how the NYT titled Hitler's death:
"HITLER DEAD IN CHANCELLERY; DOENITZ, SUCCESSOR, ORDERS WAR TO GO ON;..."

They didn't have to describe Hitler because everyone knew who Hitler was, except the part that he loved dogs. Thanks again for that info.

Anyways, only an idiot would cry and scream that the NYT was complimenting Doenitz because they used an appositive to describe him as the successor. They didn't write that Doenitz loved chocolate cake. Just that he was successor.

In the same way Baghdadi was a religious extremist and head of ISIS. Not everyone knows who he is. Therefore, writing a title like "Baghdadi, religious extremist at helm of ISIS, dies," also makes sense. I think though using the word "austere" is what has conservative panties in a wad. It isn't a compliment.

Does that help to provide emotional comfort or is the title still not pc enough?

Here is how the NYT titled Hitler's death:
"HITLER DEAD IN CHANCELLERY; DOENITZ, SUCCESSOR, ORDERS WAR TO GO ON;..."

They didn't have to describe Hitler because everyone knew who Hitler was, except the part that he loved dogs. Thanks again for that info.

Anyways, only an idiot would cry and scream that the NYT was complimenting Doenitz because they used an appositive to describe him as the successor. They didn't write that Doenitz loved chocolate cake. Just that he was successor.

In the same way Baghdadi was a religious extremist and head of ISIS. Not everyone knows who he is. Therefore, writing a title like "Baghdadi, religious extremist at helm of ISIS, dies," also makes sense. I think though using the word "austere" is what has conservative panties in a wad. It isn't a compliment.

Does that help to provide emotional comfort or is the title still not pc enough?

Also, they apologized for the mistake. Half would rather insist this was their true feeling than perhaps a mistake with computerized obituaries.
I mean, it dies look kind of like a fill-in-the blank headline. Type in the name, get a suggested slice of bio, and the time accrued since his official date of birth. Probably about as significant as someone who takes tge first suggestions from autocorrect.

But where would a Trumpette he if he ever allowed room for mistakes, misspoken, what the President meant was, and so on.

Kamala Harris scolds Trump for remarks on Baghdadi death: It was like he was commenting on a 'video game' | Fox News
"That press conference was extraordinary. You would think that he was talking about watching and giving commentary on a video game. He is the commander in chief, the commander in chief of the United States of America," she stressed, then drawing applause for using female pronouns to describe the presidency.

"She has as her highest priority the responsibility to concern herself with our nation's security. ... He clearly does not fully appreciate the importance of the job, which must be done with integrity, which must be done in a way that is solemn, understanding what is at stake. But I give full credit to our military, to our Special Forces, to our intelligence committee for the work they’ve done and continue to do," she said.

Harris lauded the "selfless" men and women of the intelligence community for carrying out their responsibilities despite Trump previously "attacking the integrity and the professionalism and sacrifice of those professionals."
ISIS leader Baghdadi’s death was announced very differently than bin Laden’s - Vox - KH likely preferred an approach like Obama's to Trump's.

Obama's remarks were not announced in advance.
Substantively, Obama’s remarks were short and relatively dispassionate. He kept the details limited, focusing on the reasons for targeting bin Laden and the process by which he and his team assessed intelligence and found the leader’s compound. Obama ended his remarks by directly addressing the victims of the 9/11 attacks and praising America. At the end of his speech, he turned around and walked back into the White House.
He seemed calm and dignified and serious.

Trump's were, however: “Something very big has just happened!”
Trump’s remarks, by contrast, were longwinded. He broke away from his prepared remarks on several occasions. And at the end, he took questions from reporters — for nearly forty minutes. His focus was different as well: while Obama talked primarily about those involved in the operation, Trump spoke much more about Baghdadi himself: about his crimes, his notoriety, and — in lurid detail — his final moments.

In fact, Trump described nearly all of the operation’s event in graphic, nearly cinematic detail. The military team “accomplished their mission in grand style,” he said, and he described a humiliating end for Baghdadi: “He died after running into a dead-end tunnel, whimpering and crying and screaming all the way.”

I must note someone else who likely preferred an Obama-like approach:
College Students React To Bin Laden's Death : NPR - Boston University, 2011.
Ms. ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ (Student): Now that this villain has been slayed, questions like what are we doing may have less of an answer today than we did yesterday.

Unidentified Female #1: I really I just don't know how to feel, I really don't.

SMITH: And so, a day after their jubilant cheers and celebrating, students like Katherine Young ended their meeting with heads bowed in a somber moment of silence.

Ms. KATHERINE YOUNG (Student): If we could all just take a moment to pause. Thank you.
From her voice, that was likely AOC again.

Kamala Harris scolds Trump for remarks on Baghdadi death: It was like he was commenting on a 'video game' | Fox News

ISIS leader Baghdadi’s death was announced very differently than bin Laden’s - Vox - KH likely preferred an approach like Obama's to Trump's.

Obama's remarks were not announced in advance.

He seemed calm and dignified and serious.

Trump's were, however: “Something very big has just happened!”
Trump’s remarks, by contrast, were longwinded. He broke away from his prepared remarks on several occasions. And at the end, he took questions from reporters — for nearly forty minutes. His focus was different as well: while Obama talked primarily about those involved in the operation, Trump spoke much more about Baghdadi himself: about his crimes, his notoriety, and — in lurid detail — his final moments.

In fact, Trump described nearly all of the operation’s event in graphic, nearly cinematic detail. The military team “accomplished their mission in grand style,” he said, and he described a humiliating end for Baghdadi: “He died after running into a dead-end tunnel, whimpering and crying and screaming all the way.”

College Students React To Bin Laden's Death : NPR - Boston University, 2011.
Ms. ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ (Student): Now that this villain has been slayed, questions like what are we doing may have less of an answer today than we did yesterday.

Unidentified Female #1: I really I just don't know how to feel, I really don't.

SMITH: And so, a day after their jubilant cheers and celebrating, students like Katherine Young ended their meeting with heads bowed in a somber moment of silence.

Ms. KATHERINE YOUNG (Student): If we could all just take a moment to pause. Thank you.
From her voice, that was likely AOC again.

That's because Obama sympathized with the terrorists. Of course, he's going to sound somber. Trump DESPISES ISIS. Of course he's going to boast harder about it. Trump brings life into his speeches. He's not a down-in-the-dumps somber person.

For admitting I didn't know a fact??? You informed me. So I thanked you. Do you hate facts?

What's wrong with the headline, "Terrorist coward Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi dies whining and crying at 48" instead?

How do you know he was whining and crying? Is there a video?

Brave? Or just unwilling to be captured alive and face a lifetime in jail?

WaPo went through several headline changes. The one that people object to did not say he was a "religious extremist", but a "religious scholar".
20262580-7620347-image-a-68_1572227177632.jpg
Yes, they do mention "Islamic State", but the lede goes on describing his "wire-frame glasses" and lack of "aptitude for fighting and killing".

Political correctness is not needed, just factual correctness. His basic identity, and the reason his death is newsworthy, is that he was a leader of an Islamist terrorist group ISIS. The headline should reflect that fact.

Note that the original WaPo headline read "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Islamic State’s 'terrorist-in-chief,' dies at 48." It was changed to the "austere religious scholar version" deliberately. Some editor must have thought that it was not politically correct to call Baghdadi "terrorist-in-chief" no matter how factually correct it was. WaPo finally settled on ""Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, extremist leader of Islamic State, dies at 48."

ad helm? Is that Latin?
[...]
Well, no. Since Baghdadi was willing to actually fight fir something he believes in.
Never mind the Latin, you think Baghdadi was into firs? :)

Seriously though, I never got this admiring people for "fighting for something they believe in" when that "something" is truly evil.
2habsx.jpg

Depends on where the explosives were placed I guess. I wonder if he protected his genitals. You know, as to not disappoint the virgins.
IMG-20190215-WA0013.jpg

You'd rather he have people behead dissenters, like the brave martyr Baghdadi did?

if he suicide by his own hand, that does take guts. Something you apoatently know bupkes about.
Not really. He pressed a button. Or released the dead-man switch. He did not have to do anything visceral like cutting into his own flesh.
He did not want to face a capture, so he pressed a button. That's not bravery. He took the easy way out.

Also, I don't know if you are typing all this on a phone, but you keep misspelling words. "Apoatently"? Really?

Wow. Six consecutive posts justifying Trump's self adulating 48 minutes about the death of three children at the hands of another narcissist. Who gives a fart about what WaPO headlines. Trump had already ruined the opportunity for some American self healing. Why must every event be about Trump. Why not just get to the point like a real president did several years ago under similar circumstances.

We are glad the Idiot has been brought to justice. It's just a shame that Trump thinks that the only way such can be broadcast is if it's actually because of the great Trump.

What the six posts showed was that defenders will go to any lengths to turn attention away from what the president did which became the real news.

Last edited:
Somewhat understandable. I understand he was watching overhead drone footage that somewhat resembles real time strategy look.

Of course you do. ;)

"Somber moment of silence" because ObL was dead? What? Was he just an "austere religious scholar" too?

Wow. Derec feels the need to generate six consecutive posts
I post when I have time. I don't like posting from my phone to avoid looking like Keith. That results in posting blocks of responses in a short time.

justifying Trump's self adulating 48 minutes
I was posting about Baghdadi, not Trump. It it a few others who won't shut up about Trump (obsessed much?) when the thread is supposed to be about Baghdadi.

about the death of three children at the hands of another narcissist.
As I recalk[sic], it was Keith who thought that course of action was "brave". I certainly did not.

Beautiful dogs all.
That dog is the real MVP!

That's because Obama sympathized with the terrorists. Of course, he's going to sound somber. Trump DESPISES ISIS. Of course he's going to boast harder about it. Trump brings life into his speeches. He's not a down-in-the-dumps somber person.
There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Half-Life, than are dreamt of in your favorite right-wing blogs.

Back
Top Bottom