• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Video: the incoherence of omnipotence

I'm asking you to elaborate on your concern.
What exactly IS your contention?
Well I mentioned what that was in the post I typed about it.

Science doesn't threaten Oliver Twist either.
THATS your retort?
Is the Op about Oliver Twist?
People are talking about a character in a book. Goose-gander thing.

But you shouldn't mislead people about the bible naming pharaoh.
Cute... so the Book of Genesis refers to antiquated leaders and kings, who had absolutely no impact on the story, and some of whom no one has ever heard of otherwise, but calling Pharaoh, a main player for Joseph and the Exodus, just "Pharaoh" was common courtesy. Except, later on in the Tanakh, very specific names are used for the Egyptian leaders.
Why is it necessary to disambiguate the personal name(s) of Pharaoh? Because there were so many? To help you put more trust in Moses' parting of the Red Sea?
What does the Red Sea have to do with the Pharaoh? The Pharaoh is dead center in the story, yet, no name. The idea that the Exodus is historical is really harmed by this, and that is ignoring the whole no evidence of the Exodus or Hebrew captivity in Egypt to start with.
It's not as if extra-biblical historical documents of the same period are crystal clear as to the names and dates of Egypt's Pharaohs.
But unlike those documents, the Tanakh tale has the Pharaoh as the main villain in this story.

The consensus opinion of archaeology is that the entire Pentateuch is fabricated. They can't even prove that Jews were ever enslaved en masse in Egypt.

The consensus opinion of archaeology is that the entire Pentateuch is fabricated. They can't even prove that Jews were ever enslaved en masse in Egypt.

Well, yeah. When you want to enslave the world to the AI (AKA "God") you've created keep you rich and the poor pacified, you're going to want a back story about your people emerging from slavery so the poor wage slaves believe you're on their side.

It's far easier to create an AI to rip off the poor, and live an easy good life, then it is to create a perfect system that favors everyone. Which is why the AI that rips of the poor is the one that bamboozles the whirled.

The bible is the last great con, or is it Mormonism, the GOP, the USA (which I wish wasn't a lie), or Trump? I get the cons confused.

Well, yeah. When you want to enslave the world to the AI (AKA "God") you've created keep you rich and the poor pacified, you're going to want a back story about your people emerging from slavery so the poor wage slaves believe you're on their side.

It's far easier to create an AI to rip off the poor, and live an easy good life, then it is to create a perfect system that favors everyone. Which is why the AI that rips of the poor is the one that bamboozles the whirled.

The bible is the last great con, or is it Mormonism, the GOP, the USA (which I wish wasn't a lie), or Trump? I get the cons confused.

It's possible that someone else from the Palestinian region was enslaved in Egypt and the Jews just copied their story for the reasons you outlined, or perhaps even some other reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice how we're talking about whether or not the Pentateuch is true instead of whether or not the concept of omnipotence is coherent?

Christians and Muslims are so good at changing the subject whenever they know they're wrong.

Back
Top Bottom