• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Violence and the Election

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
So there is a lot of right wing chatter about executing Biden on the right. The following articles show the levels have gotten out of control.

Here’s one of Michele Morrow, GOP nominee to run North Carolina public schools called for violence against Democrats, including executing Obama and Biden.

Here’s another Colorado shock jock calling for Biden to be executed.

And Senator To my Tubberville, from Alabama, has said that basically we are a Satanic cult:

If we are, then violence is justified against us. After all it’s Satan.

Trump is warning of “bedlam” if he loses.

Barbara F. Walter, an author on how civil war start argues that “we are closer to civil war than any of us would like to believe” because of a toxic mix of political extremism and polarization, social and cultural tribalism, the popular embrace of conspiracy theories, proliferation of guns and well-armed militias and the erosion of faith in government and the liberal, Western democratic state. Personally I believe a lot of this is due to the widening gulf between rich and poor. We fail to tax billionaires, and expect workers to shoulder the burdens of welfare in the country - especially for Social Security. Biden has worked to reduce it, but it’s too little and too late.

So now I wonder that no matter who wins, there is likely to be violence. If Biden wins, expect more January 6 like violence, even if not exactly the same and the capitol is protected. Expect the Republicans in Congress and the Senate to refuse to certify the vote and try to stop it completely. If Trump wins, it may still continue. They may be emboldened to take matters into their own hands and expect pardons from FFvC.

My hope is an overwhelming victory for Biden with Dems controlling Congress and the Senate. But I’m skeptical that will happen.

Now am I sure this is even stoppable.

If Biden wins, expect more January 6 like violence, even if not exactly the same and the capitol is protected.

Trump is calling for a "bloodbath" if he doesn't win.

No, seriously

Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole—that’s going to be the least of it. It’s gonna be a bloodbath for the country,” he declared.

If Biden wins, expect more January 6 like violence, even if not exactly the same and the capitol is protected.

No, seriously

Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole—that’s going to be the least of it. It’s gonna be a bloodbath for the country,” he declared.
Wow -- this is timely!! I wasn't familiar with this bit of Trump crazy, so I googled it. He said it earlier today, at the Dayton airport! Again, there aint words. People still love this moron. We are now at about the point that we were in 2020, when he started his mantra that "I can only lose if they cheat." Expect to hear this a lot -- he has his monkeys trained. And although it only takes one lunatic with an arsenal to cause catastrophic suffering, I think it bears remembering that Trump is usually way off in his predictions of hordes of fatass MAGAts takin' it to the streets. When he started getting arrested and booked last year, he kept predicting that there would be mass demonstrations, and instead we saw a couple of dozen of mom's basement types showing up outside courthouses. Still, it's just berserk that we have a man running for President predicting a bloodbath in this country if he doesn't prevail. The damage done by this man and his party will be felt for generations.

No, seriously

Wow -- this is timely!! I wasn't familiar with this bit of Trump crazy, so I googled it. He said it earlier today, at the Dayton airport! Again, there aint words. People still love this moron. We are now at about the point that we were in 2020, when he started his mantra that "I can only lose if they cheat." Expect to hear this a lot -- he has his monkeys trained. And although it only takes one lunatic with an arsenal to cause catastrophic suffering, I think it bears remembering that Trump is usually way off in his predictions of hordes of fatass MAGAts takin' it to the streets. When he started getting arrested and booked last year, he kept predicting that there would be mass demonstrations, and instead we saw a couple of dozen of mom's basement types showing up outside courthouses. Still, it's just berserk that we have a man running for President predicting a bloodbath in this country if he doesn't prevail. The damage done by this man and his party will be felt for generations.
The one consolation I can take from this time around is that Trump is not in charge of the Executive Branch and able to direct the effort to overturn the election from the White House. In late 2020 and January 2021, Trump had enormous resources and power he could bring to bear, yet he still failed. He does not have that this time. If he thought Mike Pence was reluctant to help him overturn the election, then wait until he meets Kamala Harris!

No, seriously

Bloodbath, the least of it?

Threatening the president is a federal felony. Why are these people not prosecuted?
They are saying that they should be tried first for treason. Then executed after being found guilty. You and I would follow.

All of this is part of Christian nationalism. They want to bring about the destruction of the country and replace it with a white, Christian country. I think in the end they’d lose, but this will be a bloody, bloody conflict. It will be a pseudo civil war. Probably strange attacks on infrastructure, assassinations, who knows.

I really think that the best scenario is for Trump to just have a massive coronary during the middle of a campaign speech. His death might at least set the bastards back long enough for cooler heads to prevail.

But I am not really that optimistic.

All of this is part of Christian nationalism. They want to bring about the destruction of the country and replace it with a white, Christian country.
Not at all. They want to imprison and/or kill all the treasonous scum who are responsible for destroying their white, Christian country and replacing it with a constitutional representative republic, in defiance of God's Law.

Threatening the president is a federal felony. Why are these people not prosecuted?
They are saying that they should be tried first for treason. Then executed after being found guilty. You and I would follow.

All of this is part of Christian nationalism. They want to bring about the destruction of the country and replace it with a white, Christian country. I think in the end they’d lose, but this will be a bloody, bloody conflict. It will be a pseudo civil war. Probably strange attacks on infrastructure, assassinations, who knows.

I really think that the best scenario is for Trump to just have a massive coronary during the middle of a campaign speech. His death might at least set the bastards back long enough for cooler heads to prevail.

But I am not really that optimistic.
You realize that if the guy died, the first thing that would happen is some MAGAt running every word he has ever said, written, or otherwise produced (including private correspondence and transcripts) through an LLM, and then they would vote for that abomination in his place.

So there is a lot of right wing chatter about executing Biden on the right. The following articles show the levels have gotten out of control.

Here’s one of Michele Morrow, GOP nominee to run North Carolina public schools called for violence against Democrats, including executing Obama and Biden.

And Senator To my Tubberville, from Alabama, has said that basically we are a Satanic cult:

One of those two articles is about a legitimate threat against Biden and that individual should be at least investigated.

The other is an idiot comparing Biden and others in the government to Satanists and Satan.

Why did you post them as if they were equivalent?

One of those two articles is about a legitimate threat against Biden and that individual should be at least investigated.

The other is an idiot comparing Biden and others in the government to Satanists and Satan.

Reading is fundamental. There are 3 links, not two. Two are about killing Democrats and one is about demonizing Democrats.

The OP is using the third as a partial explanation for the call for right wing violence. There is no attempt at equivalence. Reading is fundamental.

Neither matter compared to the unhinged dude talking about a blood bath... and that is not the worst of it.

Neither matter compared to the unhinged dude talking about a blood bath... and that is not the worst of it.
Wasn't he talking about a metaphorical bloodbath of the auto industry? It's kind of like when Trump says "fight like hell" it's an incitement to insurrection, but when Fauxachontas says "fight like hell" that's just normal politician rhetoric. :rolleyesa:

Also, does anybody really believe that, should Trump win come November, the same left-wing groups (#BLM, Antifa) that were wilding through much of 2020 will not do so again?

The point is about the upcoming violence that is being propagated by right wing individuals. Tubby’s comments might not have explicitly called for violence, but they are a shade under it. If we who do not support the orange turd are satanists, and you actually believe in such an entity, the embodiment of pure evil, then violence is justified to stop his ascension. Tubby is providing people with the needed cover for their violence. It is thus not merely a stupid statement. These types of statements are threats. Thinly veiled ones.

The other two articles do call for violence against us. They cover it with a fig leaf of judicial imprimatur to avoid liability for their statements. There will be no investigations.

Wasn't he talking about a metaphorical bloodbath of the auto industry? It's kind of like when Trump says "fight like hell" it's an incitement to insurrection, but when Fauxachontas says "fight like hell" that's just normal politician rhetoric. :rolleyesa:

Also, does anybody really believe that, should Trump win come November, the same left-wing groups (#BLM, Antifa) that were wilding through much of 2020 will not do so again?
I knew it wouldn’t be long until someone raised the stupid argument of supposed moral equivalence from the left. Utter bullshit. When has Biden called for violence and the overturning of election results? Trump’s blood bath comments are only one of many calls by him for violence. He’s suggested people beat protesters at his rallies, he’s called for GEN Milley’s execution, and he encouraged his mob to attack the capitol, and many other incidents.

I would challenge you to find similar statements made by any Democratic candidates, or otherwise serious democratic commentators.

Tubby’s comments might not have explicitly called for violence, but they are a shade under it.

Fragilego Mussolini's comments are the equivalent of a mob boss walking into a business he's trying to extort and saying "nice place you got here. It'd be a shame if something happened to it..."

He's literally using mob language here. "I'm not saying....but I'm just saying..."

And his idiot followers get the message loud and clear. We had 44 Presidents prior to him, and none of their followers decided to collectively storm the Capitol building.

I knew it wouldn’t be long until someone raised the stupid argument of supposed moral equivalence from the left. Utter bullshit.
A lot of political violence has historically come from the far left. Remember Weather Underground? Or the Black Panther Party?
quote-if-america-don-t-come-around-we-re-gonna-burn-it-down-h-rap-brown-89-75-45.jpg

He is now serving a life sentence for murder of a Fulton County deputy and attempted murder of another in Atlanta.

When has Biden called for violence and the overturning of election results?
I never said he did.
Trump’s blood bath comments are only one of many calls by him for violence. He’s suggested people beat protesters at his rallies, he’s called for GEN Milley’s execution, and he encouraged his mob to attack the capitol, and many other incidents.
I think the beating protesters was a reference to a response to violence by those protesters, not going after peaceful people.
I do not think he "encouraged the mob to attack the capitol". Can you provide the verbatim quote?

I would challenge you to find similar statements made by any Democratic candidates, or otherwise serious democratic commentators.
Do PBS lawyers count as being "serious"?
PBS Lawyer Out of a Job After Right-Wing Operatives Released Secretly Taped Video of Him Floating ‘Re-Education Camps’ for GOP Voters’ Kids
Law and Crime said:
In another clip, the woman—apparently posing as a supporter of President-elect Joe Biden—asks, “What are you going to do if we don’t win [the 2020 presidential election]?” Beller laughs again and responds, “Go to the White House and throw Molotov cocktails.”
[emphasis added]

And his idiot followers get the message loud and clear. We had 44 Presidents prior to him, and none of their followers decided to collectively storm the Capitol building.
Leftists literally bombed the Senate, and Bill Clinton let them out of prison.
81+yPzn3VFL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

But that's not nearly as bad as some guy dragging a lectern and another putting his feet up ...

Back
Top Bottom