• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Washington Man Accused of Hurling Molotov Cocktails at ICE Detention Center Killed by Police

I'm just in shock that the leftists aren't condemning this. They have no problem condemning when a Christian does something bad or a right-winger does something bad. But when a leftist does something bad? Not a peep.

Maybe I shouldn't be in shock and just expect this type of hypocrisy. :(

Okay, I'll bite. We just had a secret meeting, and I was elected spokesperson for
attachment.php
* so here is my statement:

We here on
attachment.php
condemn this criminal act. It is clearly synonymous with "lone wolf" or "mad dog" attacks portrayed by Islamic or right-wing extremists. No government act, however despicable or vile it may be, can ever justify such a reckless response. Furthermore, this criminal act of violence is indicative that ownership of military style weapons in civilian hands are a recipe for disaster and that the risk far outweighs the fact that a few owners responsibly store such weapons. Extremism of any type is a concern for everybody and as such I believe measures should be taken to curtail the possibility of extremist fucktards reenacting their favourite scenes from Black Hawk Down or Saving Private Ryan with equipment they have no legitimate reason owning.

Sincerly,
attachment.php

There you go, Half-life. I speak for all of
attachment.php
, so now you have your condemnation. In return can you get Trump to condemn white supremacy for me please? Much obliged.

*Much thanks to Angry Floof for the image.

I'm just in shock that the leftists aren't condemning this. They have no problem condemning when a Christian does something bad or a right-winger does something bad. But when a leftist does something bad? Not a peep.

Okay, I'll bite. We just had a secret meeting, and I was elected spokesperson for
attachment.php
* so here is my statement:

We here on
attachment.php
condemn this criminal act. It is clearly synonymous with "lone wolf" or "mad dog" attacks portrayed by Islamic or right-wing extremists. No government act, however despicable or vile it may be, can ever justify such a reckless response. Furthermore, this criminal act of violence is indicative that ownership of military style weapons in civilian hands are a recipe for disaster and that the risk far outweighs the fact that a few owners responsibly store such weapons. Extremism of any type is a concern for everybody and as such I believe measures should be taken to curtail the possibility of extremist fucktards reenacting their favourite scenes from Black Hawk Down or Saving Private Ryan with equipment they have no legitimate reason owning.

Sincerly,
attachment.php

There you go, Half-life. I speak for all of
attachment.php
, so now you have your condemnation. In return can you get Trump to condemn white supremacy for me please? Much obliged.

*Much thanks to Angry Floof for the image.

That is just being deliberately out of control.

When you guys talk about "the right," you say, "the right."

We say "the left" in the same way.

It does not mean everyone is a monolith on both sides.

That is just being deliberately out of control.

When you guys talk about "the right," you say, "the right."

We say "the left" in the same way.

It does not mean everyone is a monolith on both sides.

attachment.php
disagrees. There is very much an expectation of unequivocal support for Trump from conservatives, and that all he says is Ex Cathedra. Not a lot of that when Obama was in charge.

One is freeing the oppressed, and the other is literal oppression. That's the difference.

Bullshit. When people throw molotovs at cars randomly or when Antifa attacks random white people or riots in the street, they are not freeing any oppressed people. That's just their propaganda.

Yeah! Just like when neo-nazis murder people with cars! That guy fucking KILLED a goddam jeep!

And you think that by doing so he was "Freeing the oppressed"? Read what you quoted.

You should not be surprised, because most of the leftists in question do not believe that the man did anything wrong in the first place. It's not hypocrisy, for the most part. It's moral disagreement.

Some leftist politicians might be hypocritical because they don't actually believe he did nothing wrong and want to pander to their base, but that is rare proportionally: the vast majority of people who do not condemn him when prompted actually do not believe he did anything wrong. Other people, of course, simply do not condemn him because they are not asked to, and they aren't in the business of condemning people on the internet, so they just move on to other news.

If you actually want to predict what your opponents will do, try to figure what they actually believe. On the basis of that, you will be able to make much better predictions. :)

So did this end up a No Contest, the guy was just kind of out of his mind?

Yeah! Just like when neo-nazis murder people with cars! That guy fucking KILLED a goddam jeep!

And you think that <insert false projection ABOUT "Freeing the oppressed" here>

No, that's NOT what I think.
Way to miss the point. You're equivocating property damage by a misguided leftist, with MURDER by a deranged right winger.
You "think" that's okay, right?

(I KNOW YOU DON'T THINK THAT, JUST ILLUSTRATING THE FOLLY OF YOUR RHETORICAL TACTIC)

If you actually want to predict what your opponents will do, try to figure what they actually believe. On the basis of that, you will be able to make much better predictions. :)

It's a split between the liberals and the left, and also a split within the left itself. Not everybody on the left (and very few liberals) support mob violence or vigilante violence, as a matter of principle.

And you think that <insert false projection ABOUT "Freeing the oppressed" here>

No, that's NOT what I think.
Way to miss the point. You're equivocating property damage by a misguided leftist, with MURDER by a deranged right winger.
You "think" that's okay, right?

(I KNOW YOU DON'T THINK THAT, JUST ILLUSTRATING THE FOLLY OF YOUR RHETORICAL TACTIC)

Again, read what you quoted. This is your straw, not mine. You quoted me responding to somebody who called this violence "freeing the oppressed". I noted that isn't true. I said nothing about right wing violence. You are complaining of the very rhetorical tactic you engaged in.

It's a split between the liberals and the left, and also a split within the left itself. Not everybody on the left (and very few liberals) support mob violence or vigilante violence, as a matter of principle.

If there are very few on one side, it's not exactly a split - more of a splinter.
What about the split on the right - or isn't there one any more?
Are almost ALL republicans advocates of racism and bigotry, or is that just the mainstream these days?
Does that make those Republicans who condemn racism and bigotry a conservative splinter group?

You quoted me responding to somebody who called this violence "freeing the oppressed"

I quoted you telling a falsehood about what I think. Live with it.

If there are very few on one side, it's not exactly a split - more of a splinter.

Hard to say. They are very vocal but I don't know how numerous. We just had a bunch in this very thread advocating for such violence, to the point that a mod had to tell them to stop.

What about the split on the right - or isn't there one any more? Are almost ALL republicans advocates of racism and bigotry a conservative splinter group?

I don't think the majority of Republicans are, no. But I do think more Republicans are than Democrats are for sure.

I quoted you telling a falsehood about what I think. Live with it.

That's also false. I didn't tell a falsehood about what you think. I asked you a question about what you think, and why you responded as you did to what you quoted. You still have not explained why you wrote what you did in response to what you quoted if you don't think what I asked if you think.

Hard to say. They are very vocal but I don't know how numerous. We just had a bunch in this very thread advocating for such violence, to the point that a mod had to tell them to stop.

You seem to play fast and loose with your descriptions of mod actions. I warned about doxxing, not violence. And you continually misrepresent the reasons for your infractions.

I never said he wasn't a fucking idiot. In fact I'm pretty clear in my other posts in the thread that he was. His tactics were awful.

Not enough weaponry and numbers of attackers, I think you said. I thought you were joking.

LOLNOPE. The proper response when you have concentration camps is to liberate them, by law if possible, and by force if legal avenues do not yield results. There is no world where concentration camps should be accepted. Period.

Children are dying. Families are being destroyed. We have an obligation to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

LOLNOPE. The proper response when you have concentration camps is to liberate them, by law if possible, and by force if legal avenues do not yield results. There is no world where concentration camps should be accepted. Period.
These are not "concentration camps" despite AOC's irresponsible rhetoric.

Children are dying. Families are being destroyed. We have an obligation to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
The few children who died largely died because of diseases they brought from home or contracted en route. Not because of how they were treated.
In any case, nobody asked them to come here.

I never said he wasn't a fucking idiot. In fact I'm pretty clear in my other posts in the thread that he was. His tactics were awful.

Not enough weaponry and numbers of attackers, I think you said. I thought you were joking.

While I can agree that the situation is in many ways terrible, I'm really not sure about condoning armed violence as a response.

It's debateable, but imo there's enough about them to reasonably call them concentration camps. Of course it's arguably a loaded term, largely because of the nazis, and may even be used by some in order to overstate the issue. 'Internment Camps' might be better.

In any case, one big problem, with the camps, whatever we call them, is the awful conditions, apparently.

While I can agree that the situation is in many ways terrible, I'm really not sure about condoning armed violence as a response.

To be fair, I would like to see legal avenues exhausted first. The protests obstructing ICE facility are a good start; it would be a lot better way to direct a million folks than to assault a military base looking for aliens that don't exist.

That said, every day that extreme action is not taken is another day when children are falling to death, disease, and neglect. Armed violence is absolutely an appropriate response to armed violence, and make no mistake, ICE is committing violence and are doing so with the arms of the government.

I'm worried every day that the administration will take a turn against LGBT folks and I end up having to defend myself from that violence with my life; why should I be less concerned or committed to protecting my neighbors? It is a principle I stand on that we must help our neighbors as we would help ourselves, and I would not give an inch, even on my life, to a Gestapo.

To be fair, I would like to see legal avenues exhausted first. The protests obstructing ICE facility are a good start; it would be a lot better way to direct a million folks than to assault a military base looking for aliens that don't exist.

That said, every day that extreme action is not taken is another day when children are falling to death, disease, and neglect. Armed violence is absolutely an appropriate response to armed violence, and make no mistake, ICE is committing violence and are doing so with the arms of the government.

I'm worried every day that the administration will take a turn against LGBT folks and I end up having to defend myself from that violence with my life; why should I be less concerned or committed to protecting my neighbors? It is a principle I stand on that we must help our neighbors as we would help ourselves, and I would not give an inch, even on my life, to a Gestapo.

You could say that armed violence is an appropriate and just response to unjust armed violence, but I can't say that I'm aware of ICE perpetrating anything like the sort that would warrant it being labelled as like for like.

If someone is interned merely for being gay, that is one thing. The situation with migrants is a bit different, surely. It's not so clear cut.

AOC's rhetoric means jack shit, I agree. George Takei's opinion after being interned in two concentration camps holds merit. Andrea Pitzer, who literally wrote the book on concentration camps holds merit. The Inspector General's report on these facilities holds merit. In short, these place are concentration camps not because a first year member of Congress ranted about them on social media; they're concentration camps because they fucking are.

The few children who died largely died because of diseases they brought from home or contracted en route. Not because of how they were treated.
In any case, nobody asked them to come here.

Fuckit, give them to Jeffrey Epstein then. "Nobody asked them to come here" indemnifies any acts on these worthless pieces of garbage. Fuck em.

Back
Top Bottom