• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Washington Post: Trump is on Track to Win Reelection.

I know that. But nevertheless the idea that the typical Trump voter is a yokel with no investment income is divorced from reality.
which isn't surprising, because he ran on a protectionist, nationalist platform.
Also because Hillary was the candidate. A candidate further to the left like Sanders would probably have made the gap even wider, Trump or no Trump.

Oh, definitely. Hillary's ticket was essentially as bad as possible. She's a former DLCer, and she picked a former DLCer as her running mate, which was a big "Fuck you" to the Bernie supporters.

A lot will depend on whom the Democrats nominate. Kamala Harris is already the darling of the Hillary donors.
Dem donors buzzing about Kamala Harris
And California has voted to move up its primary, which will help Harris saw up the nomination early on.
California Moves Up 2020 Primary Elections To March

I am already #neverkamala, due to her crusade against sex work.
Kamala Harris’ Whorephobia Is Sadly No Surprise
So it is highly likely that I will be forced to vote third party again.
I doubt she gets the nomination, unless Democrats haven't really learned their lesson yet.

All the polls also suggested that he wouldn't win the last Republican primary too. Then they all suggested that he wouldn't win the election.

Just because he's an abject failure as a President and most of the country wouldn't so much as spit on him if his hair were on fire doesn't mean that he wouldn't be viewed as superior than any of the other choices by a large selection of the electorate.

All the polls also suggested that he wouldn't win the last Republican primary too. Then they all suggested that he wouldn't win the election.

Just because he's an abject failure as a President and most of the country wouldn't so much as spit on him if his hair were on fire doesn't mean that he wouldn't be viewed as superior than any of the other choices by a large selection of the electorate.

I only hope that Russia, having experienced the disappointment of installing an incompetent puppet, will be a little less energetic in producing Tump's propaganda campaign next time.

Back
Top Bottom