• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

Got up this morning and made a pot of pepper soup. Really easy to make and so good and healthy, well except for the ground beef.

Then I took a couple leftover chicken breasts, tore them up and made a chicken salad for sandwiches.

20211205_165501.jpg
Stuffed portobello mushrooms. They got a little darker than I would have liked and they actually look darker in the photo than they really are. But they were very yummy.

Tuna salad plus.

Store bought tuna salad of no significance (small bits of onion here and there, the occasional piece of celery, and most likely vegan mayo).

Finely chopped green pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Mixed but kept separate from the tuna salad.

In my younger years I would have mixed it all together in a bowl without giving it a second thought. But I’ve learned to do just that and keep ingredients separated or gently “folded” together where I think appropriate.
The tuna salad and vegetable trio called out to remain separate, layered within the sandwich.
Glad I listened. It was quite good this way.
I’ve enough left for another small sandwich. I think cooled toast will be in order next time around.

Leftovers tonight. I broke vegetarianism yesterday and again today through leftovers.

Spinach and feta pierogies with kielbasa and sauteed asparagus.
Now I am jonesing for some pie.

I tried a strict vegetarian diet for about a week recently and enjoyed it, but started struggling to keep my diet varied. I'd like to continue but it's hard, especially as I still have to cater to my wife. I've since settled on a very low meat diet that excludes red meat. Reduction, rather than elimination.

I haven't been cooking too much of interest lately, but recently we did buy some frozen haddock for the first time in a while. I seasoned it with suggestions from The Flavor Bible, fresh Cilantro, dried basil, salt and pepper, and it was very good.

I tried a strict vegetarian diet for about a week recently and enjoyed it, but started struggling to keep my diet varied.
We started with “Meatless Monday” and “Vegan Vednesday.” That made it easier to stay varied.
I'd like to continue but it's hard, especially as I still have to cater to my wife.
I often do a meatless protein that is simmered in whatever the meat eaters are simering in. That reduces the effort for me.
I've since settled on a very low meat diet that excludes red meat. Reduction, rather than elimination.
Hope it continues to feel good!

puz7weytix481.jpg

Not mine, but ...dang...

Roast Pork.
3 lbs of pork loin on the rotisserie in the air fryer.
Basted with a marinade of bourbon and honey.
Came out perfect, crisp sbbkin, done inside.
My usual habit, though, of licking small spills of my hsnds, contra-indicated.
Raw bourbon honey tastes like angry cough syrup. Very angry. Maybe even disgruntled.

So, the wealthy bro in law sent us a box of Omaha tenderloin steaks. I didn't think they would be up to my insanely high standards, but boy was I wrong. Mr. Sohy grilled them and covered them with our favorite grilling sauce. They were the tenderest, tastiest steaks I've ever eaten and I'm really not a fan of beef. Sides were simply jasmine rice and yellow and zucchini squash fixed up in one of the cook's gadgets to make them look like spaghetti. We gifted one steak to the lonely neighbor. The last one will probably be used to make a stir fry.

I've had 3 breakfasts this morning. 1. A bowl of cereal 2. Two tiny muffins 3. A slice of sour dough bread with butter and apricot jelly. I'm not a fan of eggs or breakfast meats, so my breakfasts are usually all carbs. I will eat quiche for dinner though. Maybe that's what we will have tonight.

Cold chicken and potatoes with mayo, pickled peppers, and applesauce.

I made shaved beef fajitas for dinner last night. Yummy, and really easy to prepare.

Cold today, so I roasted some spaghetti squash with galrlic cloves, scallions and veggie sausage. Mixed it together with some broccoli, cheddar and olives with some trader Joe’s “Firey Honey Mustard Spice”. That hit the spot.

Both the wife and I had a craving for Chinese food yesterday so we got take out. Mongolian beef and an egg roll for me and ham fried rice and crab rangoon for the wife.

Might do veggie rolls today.

Get a bag of broccoli slaw. Put in frying pan (no oil or spray), low to medium heat to let it sweat. After it is softened a bit, put in a medium bowl (slaw, not the pan). Get wonton wrapper or egg roll wrappers. Put in a heaping (of slaw, not wrappers), add a tiny amount of brown sugar on top of the slaw, then seal the wrapper up. Fry that in a bit of oil in a skillet, a few minutes each side. I like to serve with Dijon mustard.

Back
Top Bottom