• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

I accidentally bought Roma Tomatoes twice this week so took care of the problem with one of Marcella Hazan's sauces:

- 2 lbs, peeled, coarsely chopped tomatoes (should be Roma)
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 an onion, peeled but unchopped
- salt to taste

You cook on a very low simmer for 45 minutes with the onion immersed in the tomato, then discard the onion when done. This time I also crushed, but didn't mince three cloves of garlic and added them in with twenty minutes left, discarding at the end. Very good results.

Might do veggie rolls today.

Get a bag of broccoli slaw. Put in frying pan (no oil or spray), low to medium heat to let it sweat. After it is softened a bit, put in a medium bowl (slaw, not the pan). Get wonton wrapper or egg roll wrappers. Put in a heaping (of slaw, not wrappers), add a tiny amount of brown sugar on top of the slaw, then seal the wrapper up. Fry that in a bit of oil in a skillet, a few minutes each side. I like to serve with Dijon mustard.
Mmmm, that sounds good!

I just discovered that dill weed is delicious on tomato sandwiches. That's my lunch today. On multigrain with mayo, salt, and pepper.

For dinner, I was just browsing around for billionaires to eat and decided on this one who looks like he's probably delicious. I will surround him with piles of those cute tiny potatoes and sprinkle everything with rosemary and butter.

1643055091580.png

My wonderful wife made chicken with mushrooms, peas, and pasta (usually farfalle, sometime referred to as bowties). She cooks the mushrooms, peas and pasta in some chicken broth until the pasta is about 1/2 done. Then she adds the chicken and some white wine until the chicken and pasta are done.

I am not a big chicken aficionado, but this dish hits the spot every time.

My wonderful wife made chicken with mushrooms, peas, and pasta (usually farfalle, sometime referred to as bowties). She cooks the mushrooms, peas and pasta in some chicken broth until the pasta is about 1/2 done. Then she adds the chicken and some white wine until the chicken and pasta are done.

I am not a big chicken aficionado, but this dish hits the spot every time.
Sounds glorious!

Breakfast

Stir fried vegetables, rice, scrambled eggs and tomato sauce. Vegetables and rice left over from last night.

Happy Australia Day!

It's not anything special here, so we'll probably be having Japanese style chicken soup as is common for us in the winter months. I picked up a fat little daikon at the farmer's market, so it's fated to be grated.

Chili with ground beef rice, and beans. Stir fried vegetables. I have taken a liking to stir fried eggplant. Typically eggplant, peppers, onions, yellow squash, zucchini and celery. Fry in a coved skillet with a little oil. Only takes a few minutes.

You know the Oil the sun dried tomatoes and chargrilled vegetables are soaked in? Well, I have taken to saving this fragrant herby oil and tonight I will slice up a chicken breast into 1cm thick slices and fry them in it and serve it with salad.
I keep the oil in the fridge and use it for that, and other meats or mushrooms that need that little bit of flavour adding.

I made Apple Crisp. A local grower puts out a pretty good apple. They are small apples, just the way I like them. Down side is they only sell in a bag of about fifteen. First banana bunches with security bands around them and now this. Definitely not lonely hearts friendly.
Anyways, I had all the ingredients for Apple Crisp, right down to a partial bag of rolled oats that had been sitting around since the Carter administration. Came out good. Nice thing to have on this blustery winter day. So instead of a bag of apples to have to go through, I have a 13x9 pan of Apple Crisp to go through. That's okay. Tomorrow is marijuana night.

Have some of last summer's blueberries thawing in the fridge for pies. The last two pies didn't last long.

I like to eat good food, I don't like to cook. I keep cooking and clean up to a minimum.

I like to eat good food, I don't like to cook. I keep cooking and clean up to a minimum.
I love to cook but I like to keep it simple too.

Tonight I browned a pound of ground beef, threw in a good handful of chopped red onion, chopped mushrooms, a jar of marinara and a smaller jar of alfredo sauce (because they were what was in the pantry), and a bag of frozen cheese tortellinis. Lots of garlic herb seasoning and simmered for about an hour. Came out quite tasty.

I love to cook but I like to keep it simple too.

Tonight I browned a pound of ground beef, threw in a good handful of chopped red onion, chopped mushrooms, a jar of marinara and a smaller jar of alfredo sauce (because they were what was in the pantry), and a bag of frozen cheese tortellinis. Lots of garlic herb seasoning and simmered for about an hour. Came out quite tasty.
Ta Daaah!!!

I make a simple tomato sauce with canned sauce or paste mixed with a can of crushed tomatos. I puree garlic, celery, onions, and peppers, mix, and keep in the refrigerator. I keep cooked rice and potatoes in the refrigerator.

I steam enough chicken for 3 or 4 days.

I grew up in the North East with O'Brien potatoes, don't see it much out here. Simple. Browned to just crispy on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom