• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What became of 10 house republicans who voted to impeach

So the lesson is "walk in lockstep against acknowledging that criminals exist among yourselves. Do not police yourselves but support all criminality 'within'. Just keep it too well hidden to find."

Or in other words "be more evil".

It is somehow not convincing.

How about supporting instead those who don't want to be evil at all?

More evil than a Cheney?
Yep. I'm fucking surprised myself.

Yep. I'm fucking surprised myself.
I totally get that.
If anyone had told me, 10 years ago, that I'd be supporting a Cheney I'd have thought they were insane.

But here we are, in the post truth world.
Tom

Used to be, the patron saint of the GOP had an 11th Commandment: "Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican."

Today's GOP? "Thou shalt not dare criticize Dear Leader."

Republicans went from "country over everything," to "party over country," to "one man over everything" in short order.

Here in my state (Arizona) multiple politicians won their primaries based upon exactly one question:

Are they loyal to/endorsed by Trump?

One lifelong Republican lost his primary in a landslide because he had the temerity to testify against Dear Leader in front of the January 6th committee. A former TV host is the GOP nominee for governor over another lifelong Republican because she put Trump's face on her campaign signs. The Republican nominee for Secretary of State (in charge of elections) is a Trump-endorsed election denier who is also a proud member of a violent militia group (Oath Keepers) that led the charge on the Capitol.

But hey...let's whatabout the Democrats, huh?

And of course, some folks keeping it classy, by calling someone evil, most likely because, wait for it...

They are actually standing against evil.

The spoiler alert is that they pretty much all got slaughtered. Especially Liz Cheney.

So it was an obvious lesson for the Republicans but what could also be a free learning experience for the Democrats...is that they might want to take a hard look at their social justice warrioring and perhaps be concerned what the average independent voter actually cares about. I know that is probably difficult when you have isolated yourself from the ordinary people who aren't in Washington.

I predict the lesson will go on deaf ears.

So guilt or innocence is decided by a ballot of those who don't even care about the facts?

The spoiler alert is that they pretty much all got slaughtered. Especially Liz Cheney.

So it was an obvious lesson for the Republicans but what could also be a free learning experience for the Democrats...is that they might want to take a hard look at their social justice warrioring and perhaps be concerned what the average independent voter actually cares about. I know that is probably difficult when you have isolated yourself from the ordinary people who aren't in Washington.

I predict the lesson will go on deaf ears.

So guilt or innocence is decided by a ballot of those who don't even care about the facts?
Ah, but there are "alternative facts" out there now.

Come to think of it, just about every one of these "winners' ran on "alternative facts." Swing states that went for Biden now have a slate of candidates for every office even remotely involved with elections who believe that Trump did in fact win in 2020, and "hey, did you watch this 2000 Mules movie?" is legitimate political discourse.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to the nearest grocery store and get angry at how much the ingredients for crudite' cost.

I still say Cheney is the greater evil.
Liz Cheney is the quintessential modern day "but the trains ran on time" argument - I mean sure, the holocaust and all, but those train schedules!

She's an absolute abhorrent political ghoul with one of the most consistent track records of immoral values and anti-American voting in the entire federal government, and this whole narrative that she's some kind of cross-over candidate just because she isn't a Trump sycophant is hilarious.

And side note: the fact that not being a Trump sycophant is now the only bar required to be ousted from the Republican party really tells you all you need to know about the Republican party.

As a leftist, I learned we need to nominate a billionaire narcissist who places loyal henchmen everywhere and bullies anyone who shows different priorities. Then, we have to organize into paramilitary groups and spread conspiracy theories about losses, failures, enemies and anything not in our wheelhouse of competence. Welcome to our new Merica. Fuck yeah!

With Cheney’s Loss, Just 2 House Republicans Who Voted To Impeach Trump Are On The Ballot In November | FiveThirtyEight -- hard to find any patterns.
  • Jaime Herrera Beutler (0.56) - WA-03 (R+11.2) - Lost (Top2) - 31.0, 22.8, (22.3), 16.0, 3.2, 2.2, 1.7, 0.5, 0.2
  • Liz Cheney (0.68) - WY-01 (R+49.7) - Lost (Party) - 66.3, (28.9), 2.6, 1.3, 0.8
  • Anthony Gonzalez (0.67) - OH-?? - Retired (Party)
  • John Katko (0.56) - NY-?? - Retired (Party)
  • Adam Kinzinger (0.66) - IL-?? - 0.66 - Retired (Party)
  • Peter Meijer (??) - MI-03 (D+2.5) - Lost (Party) - 51.8, (48.2)
  • Dan Newhouse (0.72) - WA-04 (R+24.6) - Advanced (Top2) - (25.5), 25.2, 21.5, 12.2, 10.4, 3.4, 1.4, 0.3
  • Tom Rice (0.66) - SC-07 (R+25.8) - Lost (Party) - 51.1, (24.5), 12.3, 7.1, 2.5, 2.0, 0.5
  • Fred Upton (0.55) - MI-04 (R+8.9) - Retired (Party)
  • David Valadao (??) - CA-22 (D+10.1) - Advanced (Top2) - 45.4, (25.6), 23.1, 5.9
Candidates: Name (ideology score) - District (538's partisanship index) - Fate (type of primary) - Vote percentages: candidate in ()'s

The ideology score is from govtrack.us and is for 2020. 0 = liberal, 1 = conservative.

That you consider Trump had the election stolen,
When did I say that?

Russel Brand and Paul Craig Roberts are reliable news sources
I think they are a media source with something different to offer than the liberal main stream news and nothing more. You should be thankful they exist for they are the only thing that stands in the way of conglomerate monopoly media really being just one propoganda outlet.

and think you represent middle class American values is a mix of arrogance and ignorance that I find fascinating.
In the first place what I think does not matter.

That being said, I'm probably about as middle class as it gets and probably about in the middle of the political spectrum as it gets as well. Which is probably why I think both sides are acting like complete loons.

When did I say that?
You have made myriad statements which can only be made honestly in the presence of a belief that such a theft were actually a plausible occurrence.

This is done through the form of attaching contingencies of question around well established facts.

In fact, we have a thread here, the whole thing, something you started, crowing about "Dems should take a lesson from Republicans", when the lesson at the head of the OP is "snitches get stitches".

There is no question that Trump has committed myriad crimes.

Your refusal to look at any of them and say "yeah he did that" is telling.

When did I say that?
You are the only one who has not heard yourself say it.

It's like holding a loaded gun, aiming it at someone, pulling the trigger, hitting the person. Then you defend yourself by saying "When did I ever say I shot someone?"

When did I say that?
I'm not going to play your obfuscating bullshit games.
I think they are a media source with something different to offer than the liberal main stream news and nothing more. You should be thankful they exist for they are the only thing that stands in the way of conglomerate monopoly media really being just one propoganda outlet.
This is very much a Fisher Price "My First Political Opinion" playset attitude. That you think media outlets like Deutsche Welle and Al Jazeera are working hand in hand with Fremantle Media and CNN only shows your ignorance. That you can't see the grift people like Brand and Roberts are using shows your gullibility.
Agreed
I'm probably about as middle class as it gets
Well, you certainly get you cues from your God Emperor. "Nobody knows the middle class better than I do"
Which is probably why I think both sides are acting like complete loons
Well that's complete crap. I'm pretty certain I know who you voted for in the last election and I'm damned certain I know who you are going to vote for in the next one. Your entire argument reeks of bad faith bullshit.

That you consider Trump had the election stolen,
When did I say that?
Recently you quoted the noted crackpot Paul Craig Roberts parrotting that claim.
Russel Brand and Paul Craig Roberts are reliable news sources
You confuse delusional ranting with rational reality-based differences of opinion. Mr. Roberts dishes out delusional propaganda. I am not familiar with Mr. Brand's views but I am familiar with his unfunny comedy.
You are a citizen and a voter. It matters that you think. Thinking means incorporating facts to form opinions and views. Thinking means distinguishing between false or delusional claims and reality.

My youngest brother (who is in his 60s) shares many of your stated views. He grew up and still lives in the St. Louis area. He does feel left behind and abandoned by "the elites" in all parties. He is proud to be anti-PC and anti-Woke. To his credit, he does not fall for the Trumpian bs.
While I disagree with him on most issues, at least I do not think he is basing his opinions of the ravings of maniacs and grifters.

You confuse delusional ranting with rational reality-based differences of opinion. Mr. Roberts dishes out delusional propaganda. I am not familiar with Mr. Brand's views but I am familiar with his unfunny comedy.
I'll list some of the titles of Russell Brands youtube clips and see if you can spot a pattern:

This Is WHY They Censor Trump

So THIS Is Why US Wants War In Ukraine

So THIS Is What Vaccine Passports Were Leading To

Jan. 6: They Don’t Want You To Know This

Wall to wall republican talking points and Qanon bullshit. He does quite a few covid bullshit clips as well.

When did I say that?
You have made myriad statements which can only be made honestly in the presence of a belief that such a theft were actually a plausible occurrence.

This is done through the form of attaching contingencies of question around well established facts.

In fact, we have a thread here, the whole thing, something you started, crowing about "Dems should take a lesson from Republicans", when the lesson at the head of the OP is "snitches get stitches".

There is no question that Trump has committed myriad crimes.

Your refusal to look at any of them and say "yeah he did that" is telling.
Trump actually winning is indeed a plausible occurrence or there would not be so many people that believe it. I've never said that I think the election was stolen though. I have said that our election system is deeply flawed and still continue to believe that however.

I view Trumps election in exactly the same way I view UFO's. I've never seen one myself but that does not mean aliens have never visited it just means I do not know. Nothing more or less than that.

Trump actually winning is indeed a plausible occurrence or there would not be so many people that believe it.
 Argumentum ad populum

Technically, this is more of an Argumentum Ad Plurum, but I'm not about to be a pedant.

You are a citizen and a voter. It matters that you think. Thinking means incorporating facts to form opinions and views. Thinking means distinguishing between false or delusional claims and reality.

My youngest brother (who is in his 60s) shares many of your stated views. He grew up and still lives in the St. Louis area. He does feel left behind and abandoned by "the elites" in all parties. He is proud to be anti-PC and anti-Woke. To his credit, he does not fall for the Trumpian bs.
While I disagree with him on most issues, at least I do not think he is basing his opinions of the ravings of maniacs and grifters.
A fair point well made.

Back
Top Bottom