• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What became of 10 house republicans who voted to impeach

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx

The spoiler alert is that they pretty much all got slaughtered. Especially Liz Cheney.

So it was an obvious lesson for the Republicans but what could also be a free learning experience for the Democrats...is that they might want to take a hard look at their social justice warrioring and perhaps be concerned what the average independent voter actually cares about. I know that is probably difficult when you have isolated yourself from the ordinary people who aren't in Washington.

I predict the lesson will go on deaf ears.

So the lesson is "walk in lockstep against acknowledging that criminals exist among yourselves. Do not police yourselves but support all criminality 'within'. Just keep it too well hidden to find."

Or in other words "be more evil".

It is somehow not convincing.

How about supporting instead those who don't want to be evil at all?

So it was an obvious lesson for the Republicans
What lesson do you think it was for Republicans?

The lesson I see here is "Keep your head down. Don't think for yourself, just do as you're told by your superiors."

For Democrats, the lesson could be "Don't let your party be taken over by extremists. Cultivate diverse opinions."
Tom

Cultivate diverse opinions
While pulling up the weeds you see spread from your neighbor's garden. Namely the misogyny, xenophobia, and hate-mongering.

Those who did not choose to retire attempted to stand by their oath of office.

I don’t vote for politicians to do my bidding. I vote for who I think is the smartest person running and has the integrity to do the right thing and when needed, to explain to me why what I want is the wrong path. If I just wanted someone to do what I wanted, I’d vote for Joe the Fucking Plumber. Which is just what seems to be happening in the Republican Party.

I wonder what will happen to the Republican citizens that would vote for these axed representatives? Do you think they'll just fall in line and vote MAGA despite watching their own party fall faster than France in 1940? I mean, have not MAGA representatives learned from the failures of the south in the past? The north wasn't known for having their own fight against them as much as the south not only because the battles occurred in the south ya know. It's because those people truly aligned with the values of the north. Are yall just forcing decent folks out and loading up on the idiocy? Good luck with that.

Do you think they'll just fall in line and vote MAGA despite watching their own party fall faster than France in 1940?
Well, that's what happened in 2016.

Seriously. Staunch Christians voted for The High Priest of Mammon in droves.
Tom

I wonder what will happen to the Republican citizens that would vote for these axed representatives? Do you think they'll just fall in line and vote MAGA despite watching their own party fall faster than France in 1940? I mean, have not MAGA representatives learned from the failures of the south in the past? The north wasn't known for having their own fight against them as much as the south not only because the battles occurred in the south ya know. It's because those people truly aligned with the values of the north. Are yall just forcing decent folks out and loading up on the idiocy? Good luck with that.
Its really what the independents end up doing that makes the difference IMO. And correct me if I am wrong but I believe most of the MAGA support comes from the rust belt which was and still is geographically the northern states. Pennsyvania, Ohio, Michigan, Northern Indiana. Yes there are also some maga loons who carry a confederate flag but those elements are what the media and democrats heavily and successfully advertise for their own agenda.

That there better be very good, tangeble, and provable reasons to impeach an elected POTUS or there will be voter blowback.
Except the "voter blowback" that is in evidence is extreme partisan blowback in primaries.

If any of these 10 win go on to win the seat in a contested race as opposed to a strong GOP district, you will have some real evidence.

That there better be very good, tangeble, and provable reasons to impeach an elected POTUS or there will be voter blowback.
There are.

But America remains very partisan. Watching President Trump incite violence against the basic institutions if the U.S. didn't change the minds of his supporters.
Tom

There is an excellent way to convict an impeached elected official: One must elect only those officials who display a high degree of integrity. It seems laughable, I know. And truthfully, being a lawmaker means making compromises and working with people with whom you have very deep disagreements and differing visions.

The very best way to help this happen is to take money out of politics. Don’t let money purchase senators or congresspeople or even worse: POTUS or USSC justices. Don’t let people profit from favors done for these office holders.

Its really what the independents end up doing that makes the difference IMO. And correct me if I am wrong but I believe most of the MAGA support comes from the rust belt which was and still is geographically the northern states. Pennsyvania, Ohio, Michigan, Northern Indiana. Yes there are also some maga loons who carry a confederate flag but those elements are what the media and democrats heavily and successfully advertise for their own agenda.

r/Whoosh. The underlying question is, when you axe republicans (who refuse to lick Trump's boots) and replace all of them (which is what the intended threat is to the flock) with only those who go full MAGA do you not see the potential loss in turnout? some republican voters may not feel so welcome at the polls anymore.

Edit: Well they are just RINOs so it doesn't matter. ;)

There is an excellent way to convict an impeached elected official: One must elect only those officials who display a high degree of integrity. It seems laughable, I know. And truthfully, being a lawmaker means making compromises and working with people with whom you have very deep disagreements and differing visions.

The very best way to help this happen is to take money out of politics. Don’t let money purchase senators or congresspeople or even worse: POTUS or USSC justices. Don’t let people profit from favors done for these office holders.
And the fact that the GOP is attacking those who said NO to egregious violations of ethics tells me much of what I needed to know.

And the fact that the GOP is attacking those who said NO to egregious violations of ethics tells me much of what I needed to know.

They are telling their voters that too. It's as if they didn't get the message from Kansas. Record turn out to say bug off on abortion yet the republican focus is MAGA din du nuffin. I mean the article the OP posted is a shit show about the republican party struggling with their identity. Maybe it's a sign of why they have such a wild take on Transgenderism. :sneaky: Post Trump is the first time in my memory where Republicans can't get their shit in line before during and after primaries. They used to rally around their winners . Not post on social media and get on news outlets droning about who is a real republican and who is a fake republican. I'm embarrassed for them.

The spoiler alert is that they pretty much all got slaughtered. Especially Liz Cheney.

So it was an obvious lesson for the Republicans but what could also be a free learning experience for the Democrats...is that they might want to take a hard look at their social justice warrioring and perhaps be concerned what the average independent voter actually cares about. I know that is probably difficult when you have isolated yourself from the ordinary people who aren't in Washington.

Seems to me the obvious free learning experience for the Democrats is that bases matter and moderates don't, and the average independent voter is too rare an animal to bother about. So if they go whole hog on their social justice warrioring the people they'll turn off with it have nowhere else to go, and the ones who give up and don't vote are probably outnumbered by the increase in turnout of the Democratic base.

That you consider Trump had the election stolen, Russel Brand and Paul Craig Roberts are reliable news sources and think you represent middle class American values is a mix of arrogance and ignorance that I find fascinating.

r/Whoosh. The underlying question is, when you axe republicans (who refuse to lick Trump's boots) and replace all of them (which is what the intended threat is to the flock) with only those who go full MAGA do you not see the potential loss in turnout? some republican voters may not feel so welcome at the polls anymore.

Edit: Well they are just RINOs so it doesn't matter. ;)
So far the GOP has had electoral victory by embracing the Alex Jones, Joe Mercola, RFK Jr., crackpottery. Apparently most Republicans will overlook such things and vote R even if the candidate is a MTG or Trump Truther Birther Antivaxxer. It is very interesting how the once fringe false conspiracy theories have become mainstreamed. A couple of friends of mine that were regular old waspy Bush types have recently cited RFK Jr in a discussion about the polio vaccine; they are now questioning whether that was ever really necessary or if it was just another scamdemic like Covid. How far down the rabbit hole will the GOP go? I think ALEC, The Heritage Foundation, and Heartland Institute like having MTG types governing.

I prefer freedom to autocracy, actually. Your lot can teach me as many "lessons" as they like, this will not change. Cheap, blustery threats are an unsatisfactory substitute for enfranchisement.

So the lesson is "walk in lockstep against acknowledging that criminals exist among yourselves. Do not police yourselves but support all criminality 'within'. Just keep it too well hidden to find."

Or in other words "be more evil".

It is somehow not convincing.

How about supporting instead those who don't want to be evil at all?

More evil than a Cheney?

Back
Top Bottom