• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What became of 10 house republicans who voted to impeach

You confuse delusional ranting with rational reality-based differences of opinion. Mr. Roberts dishes out delusional propaganda. I am not familiar with Mr. Brand's views but I am familiar with his unfunny comedy.
I'll list some of the titles of Russell Brands youtube clips and see if you can spot a pattern:

This Is WHY They Censor Trump

So THIS Is Why US Wants War In Ukraine

So THIS Is What Vaccine Passports Were Leading To

Jan. 6: They Don’t Want You To Know This

Wall to wall republican talking points and Qanon bullshit. He does quite a few covid bullshit clips as well.
JFC. I did not realize until I clicked on the link that the Russell Brand you were talking about was the actor. Or former actor. I don't know his work except that he very credibly portrayed a douchebag actor in a movie once.

Trump actually winning is indeed a plausible occurrence or there would not be so many people that believe it. I've never said that I think the election was stolen though. I have said that our election system is deeply flawed and still continue to believe that however.
Lots of people believe in Santa Claus. There are reasons for this, none of which make Santa plausible.

JFC. I did not realize until I clicked on the link that the Russell Brand you were talking about was the actor. Or former actor. I don't know his work except that he very credibly portrayed a douchebag actor in a movie once.
He's doing the whole, "I claim to be a centrist, yet the far right are our only chance of salvation" grift.

When did I say that?
You have made myriad statements which can only be made honestly in the presence of a belief that such a theft were actually a plausible occurrence.

This is done through the form of attaching contingencies of question around well established facts.

In fact, we have a thread here, the whole thing, something you started, crowing about "Dems should take a lesson from Republicans", when the lesson at the head of the OP is "snitches get stitches".

There is no question that Trump has committed myriad crimes.

Your refusal to look at any of them and say "yeah he did that" is telling.
Trump actually winning is indeed a plausible occurrence or there would not be so many people that believe it.
HOLEeee. The earth being flat is plausible or there would not be so many people that believe it.
I do not know. Nothing more or less than that.
LIAR! They counted the votes. Several times. He didn't even win the popular vote in 2016. You know damn well he didn't win, you're just being deliberately obtuse.

aa

Trump actually winning is indeed a plausible occurrence or there would not be so many people that believe it. I've never said that I think the election was stolen though. I have said that our election system is deeply flawed and still continue to believe that however.
Plausible as in "would be a possible outcome", yes. Plausible as in "there is a reasonable chance it happened", no. What we have is an awful lot of brainwashed idiots.

Meanwhile...
Trump posts bizarre series of endorsements for Democrats on Truth Social
Trump announces 'endorsement' of impeachment manager, other New York Democrats in sarcastic posts
Why did Trump endorse the Democrat who led the impeachment probe?

A variety of sources, so hopefully people will find at least one of them palatable.

Trump endorsed Dan Goldman, Carolyn Maloney, and Jerry Nadler, all Democrats.

Writing for Mr Goldman, the president said: “I do this not because of the fact that he headed up the Impeachment Committee and lost, but because he was honorable, fair, and highly intelligent. While it was my honor to beat him, and beat him badly, Dan Goldman has a wonderful future ahead.”

He went on to describe Ms Maloney, who is running in the new 12th Congressional District in Manhattan, as “a kind and wonderful person, who has always said terrific things about me”.

She “will support me no matter what I do, just as I supported her very early on. She begged for a check with no quid pro quo, and I gave it to her. In fact, I gave her many”, Mr Trump said.

Speaking about Ms Maloney’s Democratic opponent, representative Jerry Nadler, he said he is likewise a “hard driving man of the people, whose energy and attention to detail is unlike anyone else in Congress”.

“He is high energy, sharp, quick wittted, and bright. You can’t go wrong with either, but Carolyn Maloney is the better man. She will lead our Country into a very GREEN and prosperous future. Carolyn has my Complete and Total Endorsement, she will never let our Conservative Movement down!” he said.

The two members are running against each other due to redistricting. The New York primaries will be held on 23 August.

Maloney did take money from Trump in the 1990s and 2000s and refused to reimburse the funds after Trump became president. "Those decades-old donations were made and spent at the time to re-elect Democrats, as intended," Maloney said of the donations.

At least two of Goldman’s opponents, New York State Assembly member Yuh-Line Niou and US Congressman Mondaire Jones, have sought to highlight Trump’s endorsement to gain a leg up in the race.

“Donald Trump just endorsed my multi-millionaire opponent,” Niou wrote on Twitter on Wednesday, referring to Goldman, who is the heir to the Levi Strauss fortune, “in case you needed a reminder of what the stakes are”.

Trump endorsed Dan Goldman, Carolyn Maloney, and Jerry Nadler, all Democrats.
You think he’s trying to do the trick Dems did in other states - trying to sound like he’s supporting but actually drawing attendion to something that will harm support?

Dems did it in two states, I think, to get the more beatable candidate to win the primary.

And correct me if I am wrong
You are wrong
but I believe most of the MAGA support comes from the rust belt which was and still is geographically the northern states. Pennsyvania, Ohio, Michigan, Northern Indiana.
That’s not “most of the MAGA support,” RVonse.
Yes there are also some maga loons who carry a confederate flag but those elements are what the media and democrats heavily and successfully advertise for their own agenda.
Oh dear. You didn’t know that many - MANY - of the MAGAts in Northern states carry confederate flags? Sweetie, they fly their own agenda, 4 feet long, from the backs of their trucks and from their front porches. They don’t rely on media to spread their agenda.

You confuse delusional ranting with rational reality-based differences of opinion. Mr. Roberts dishes out delusional propaganda. I am not familiar with Mr. Brand's views but I am familiar with his unfunny comedy.
I'll list some of the titles of Russell Brands youtube clips and see if you can spot a pattern:

This Is WHY They Censor Trump

So THIS Is Why US Wants War In Ukraine

So THIS Is What Vaccine Passports Were Leading To

Jan. 6: They Don’t Want You To Know This

Wall to wall republican talking points and Qanon bullshit. He does quite a few covid bullshit clips as well.
Thanks (?). He is even crazier (and louder) than Mr. Roberts.

When did I say that?
You have made myriad statements which can only be made honestly in the presence of a belief that such a theft were actually a plausible occurrence.

This is done through the form of attaching contingencies of question around well established facts.

In fact, we have a thread here, the whole thing, something you started, crowing about "Dems should take a lesson from Republicans", when the lesson at the head of the OP is "snitches get stitches".

There is no question that Trump has committed myriad crimes.

Your refusal to look at any of them and say "yeah he did that" is telling.

I view Trumps election in exactly the same way I view UFO's. I've never seen one myself but that does not mean aliens have never visited it just means I do not know. Nothing more or less than that.
My old college roommate swears up and down that he was abducted by aliens. He even used his artistic talent to illustrate his "experience," and has had his work published in various UFO books. He only "remembered" his abductions after a traumatic event in his life, and one of them occurred while we were still living together and he and his girlfriend did a lot of LSD one summer. Hmm...

Now, is it plausible that Trump won the 2020 election? No. The 2020 Presidential election was - oddly enough due to Trump's preemptive claims of fraud - easily the most carefully scrutinized Presidential election in US history. The votes in every single "swing" state (where there was a narrow margin of victory for Biden) were recounted, audited, and examined by all parties involved. Here in Arizona - a very close race - there was (deep breath) observers from both parties personally watching over the counting of the votes, a live-stream of said counting so that the public could see it in real time, a recount, a forensic audit, and an independent audit organized, paid for, and run by people who believed wholeheartedly that there was "voter fraud" and that Trump actually won.

They actually found that Biden won by an even larger margin than the official results.

The fact that "so many people believe" Trump won does not make it any more plausible. A whole lot of people around the world believed very sincerely that Jesus was coming back (checks notes) over 22 years ago to usher in a new Kingdom 'O God on Earth (or rapture, or whatever). I'd guess that out of the world's 2 billion Christians, a lot of them (more than the entire population of the US, probably) think that prediction was just off by a bit, and any second now Jesus will be coming back. Yep. Any second now...

A whole lot of people buy lottery tickets hoping to win a life-changing amount of money. According to the Tax Policy Center, the US lottery industry made $29 billion in 2019. Is actually winning the lottery indeed a plausible occurrence simply because a lot of people play? No. Winning the lottery, being abducted by aliens, Jesus coming back, and Trump actually winning the 2020 election are all not plausible.

Saying "well I don't believe it, but a lot of people do" does not change that fact.

That you consider Trump had the election stolen,
When did I say that?

In the Election Fraud Evidence Thread. Elixir started it. From the opening post:

Please post evidence of fraud in the 2020 Presidential election here.
Not intended as a debating thread, this a repository for actual first hand accounts and links to objective evidence of election fraud, including arrests made or indictments served.

You contributed to the thread twice. QFT.

michaeljlindell.com

See this rather long video labeled "absolute proof". https://michaeljlindell.com

From PCR: https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/20...mber-election-was-stolen-exists-in-abundance/ Proof That the US November Election Was Stolen Exists in Abundance

As for the video itself, there seems to be two sets of contradictory evidence. One set deals with computer algorithms and software in voting machines (not only Dominion’s) that can weight the vote count, for example, counting a vote for one candidate more than one and the other candidate’s vote less than one. The machines can also be programmed to produce a large percentage of ballots that have to be adjudicated, that is assigned to a candidate by the discretion of election officials. Testimony is provided in the video showing how both of these ways were used against Trump.

The other set of evidence has to do with foreign intervention in the election. A couple of experts establish beyond all doubt that despite assurances by Dominion and the media that the machines can’t be connected to the Internet, they most certainly can and were. We are even shown the Dominion manual instructions on how to connect the machines to the Internet.
(All formatting in the original posts)

When did I say that?
In the Election Fraud Evidence Thread. Elixir started it. From the opening post:
Not intended as a debating thread, this a repository for actual first hand accounts and links to objective evidence of election fraud, including arrests made or indictments served.
michaeljlindell.com

See this rather long video labeled "absolute proof". https://michaeljlindell.com
From PCR: https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/20...mber-election-was-stolen-exists-in-abundance/ Proof That the US November Election Was Stolen Exists in Abundance
So, from PillowFucker and... Well, I could swear there was a lawsuit filed by Dominion. I'm sure any evidence that actually exists would be filed relevant to that case. Maybe RVonse can dig that up.

As to PillowFucker... LOL!

I'm not trusting someone who lies about shitty pillows to not lie about shitty conspiracy theories.

When did I say that?
michaeljlindell.com

So, from PillowFucker and... Well, I could swear there was a lawsuit filed by Dominion. I'm sure any evidence that actually exists would be filed relevant to that case. Maybe RVonse can dig that up.

I'm not trusting someone who lies about shitty pillows to not lie about shitty conspiracy theories.
The point of my post is not about the quality of evidence for claims regarding the allegedly stolen election. It is about RVonse's reply to elixir's request for "links to objective evidence of election fraud". He supplied two links. In the absence of comments he does not regard those links as objective evidence of election fraud we must conclude RVonse does believe Trump had the election stolen.

When did I say that?
michaeljlindell.com

The point of my post is not about the quality of evidence for claims regarding the allegedly stolen election. It is about RVonse's reply to elixir's request for "links to objective evidence of election fraud". He supplied two links. In the absence of comments he does not regard those links as objective evidence of election fraud we must conclude RVonse does believe Trump had the election stolen.
There's this sound that played in my head when I read the bolded portion. You should guess.

Answer:the chime of an old coo-coo clock striking noon

we must conclude RVonse does believe Trump had the election stolen.

@RVonse fails to take responsibility for his own statements. This indicates that he knows there’s something wrong. Either some dim awareness that he has bought The Big Lie, of full awareness of his belief in The Big Lie coupled with embarrassment/fear about expressing that belief in full view of those who will roundly excoriate him for it. Notice how rarely he ever writes honest opinions of his own, preferring to put his despicable views into the mouths of others.
This post is not about RVonse, but rather uses him as an example of right wing mendacity - which, IMHO is The Problem.

Mike Lindell should not be regarded as a reliable source of anything. He accused that Clark County Wi election results were hacked by people in Beijing and changed 24,000 votes from Trump to Biden. There are two factual problems with that story
Since the presidential election, Christina Jensen says she's been stopped on the street several times by acquaintances who wanted to share troubling news: hackers from Beijing had switched nearly 24,000 votes for Donald Trump in their rural, GOP-leaning Wisconsin county.
Jensen, the Clark County clerk and a Republican herself, has patiently explained that the local election computer system isn't connected to the internet -- and the county has less than 17,000 registered voters overall.
Source: MyPillow magnate Mike Lindell's latest election conspiracy theory is his most bizarre yet

Mr. Lindell is yet another example of someone peddling batshit crazy ideas.

@RVonse fails to take responsibility for his own statements.
Responsibility for presenting the other side of an OP? And I did not make that youtube video, someone else did, all I did was present it for examination and scrutiny here. Which it got very much of. If like minded people do not have the courage to present another side, who do you think will? Not ever presenting the other side is the surest way to stop the progress of knowledge and truth.

Keep in mind the Galaleo's and Newtons of their time were actually right.....even though they seemed like the PCR loons of their day.

Responsibility for presenting the other side of an OP? And I did not make that youtube video, someone else did, all I did was present it for examination and scrutiny here. Which it got very much of. If like minded people do not have the courage to present another side, who do you think will? Not ever presenting the other side is the surest way to stop the progress of knowledge.

Keep in mind the Galaleo's and Newtons of their time were actually right.....even though they seemed like the PCR loons of their day.
Yes. Responsibility for not representing 'the other side', which is to say, responsibility to direct a duly diligent doubt upon such a doodie.

You have the responsibility to make sure whatever "side" you present is at least credible before you present it* and then if you cannot find as much, perhaps accept that there aren't actually multiple "sides", and that "the other side" is just actually correct, and that someone "on your side" actually took you as a sucker.

*And barring this, just simply don't present, if you find yourself unable to validate credibility

Responsibility for presenting the other side of an OP? And I did not make that youtube video, someone else did, all I did was present it for examination and scrutiny here. Which it got very much of. If like minded people do not have the courage to present another side, who do you think will? Not ever presenting the other side is the surest way to stop the progress of knowledge.

Yes. Responsibility for not representing 'the other side', which is to say, responsibility to direct a duly diligent doubt upon such a doodie.

You have the responsibility to make sure whatever "side" you present is at least credible before you present it* and then if you cannot find as much, perhaps accept that there aren't actually multiple "sides", and that "the other side" is just actually correct, and that someone "on your side" actually took you as a sucker.

*And barring this, just simply don't present, if you find yourself unable to validate credibility
Thats not how a scientific approach works. Because in the first place, you can't know what your don't know. And in the second place, cancelling other opinions or beliefs based on your own feelings is never a good idea. The best practice is to test them against other ideas in the light of day.

You sound just exactly like the medieval priest of the middle ages.

Back
Top Bottom