• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What, exactly, is CRT?

If the material results of systemic racism still persist, and actively impact people's lives in a negative way, the work of CRT is not done, even if we were to accept the (preposterous) claim that overt racism no longer exists.

If systemic racism went away, whatever would the CRT priests do to make money?

??

The jobs of those who hunt discrimination is dependent upon there being discrimination to hunt. They're going to keep finding it whether it's there or not.

It's like we got the idiotic drug war because they were looking for something to do with all the booze cops whose job went away with the repeal of prohibition.

The jobs of those who hunt discrimination is dependent upon there being discrimination to hunt. They're going to keep finding it whether it's there or not.

It's like we got the idiotic drug war because they were looking for something to do with all the booze cops whose job went away with the repeal of prohibition.

It is not anybody's job to "hunt discrimination" any more than it is literally everyone in management positions to guarantee a workplace free of unilateral hostility.

In reality, it remains "my job" to write embedded software.

Also, we got the drug war because people wanted to criminalize being black and progressive, but indirectly. It was plainly stated several times by the people who did it.

Weird ideas about CRT continue. Where is this professional class of racism-finders that is being hypothesized? Who are they?

So you choose height over the shorter guy that jumps higher?

Note that I said "equal skill".

Yeah, and that means you don’t get it. A person who is shorter must have more jump to rebound equally with a taller player. Best a bit faster as a runner too. The shorter guy is likely the better athlete overall, the other just a bit taller.

Weird ideas about CRT continue. Where is this professional class of racism-finders that is being hypothesized? Who are they?

Right here...

Well, that's one out of 300 million.

Wait so... Emily thinks that authors of books are now priests? That one person being an author constitutes declaration of a "professional class"?

Is there now a whole professional class of wizards on account of me being here*, and actually getting paid for it while professing it openly?

LOL!

Anyway, I think they have brought up their hate for DiAngelo here in the past. But it's always just her, I think.

Anyway, it's freedom of speech and press, and nothing more.

*Edit: in the world, working as; Phrasing and all that

In fairness, DiAngelo has made herself a natural target for their kind of ire, and her work is subject to a fair bit of serious criticism in addition to their aggrieved and uninformed criticism. But the idea that we can posit the existence of a vast priestly class whose work involves critical race theory and that is somehow making buckets of money off of it, because one person wrote a popular book... strains all credulity. Is even DiAngelo particularly wealthy?

Do you believe that your attack against me has any relation whatsoever with what I wrote in the post you are replying to?
If so, could you explain the relation, please.

I had just finished watching this video:

How the Monuments Came Down

It is an excellent historical reconstruction of Racism in the city of Richmond. I highly recommend the video.

We obviously sit at opposite ends of the CRT debate because to me racism and continuing racism is real. Maybe your experiences in life have taught you otherwise, so be it. If you watch the video I would like to know what you think about it.

I tried, but I got "We're sorry, but this video is not available.". I tried different browsers, but no luck. Maybe their website is having difficulties? Alternatively, if it's still available to you, it might be country-based.

Even so, I do not believe this is why we are at opposite ends of the CRT. I know that racism is still real. My objections to CRT are about their methods in addition to (some) of their claims. I do not believe that all of their claims are false.

It is not anybody's job to "hunt discrimination" any more than it is literally everyone in management positions to guarantee a workplace free of unilateral hostility.

Also, we got the drug war because people wanted to criminalize being black and progressive, but indirectly. It was plainly stated several times by the people who did it.

It most certainly is some people's job to hunt discrimination. Directly or indirectly, it's what you do at the EEOC. No discrimination, no EEOC, everyone who works there is unemployed.

It most certainly is some people's job to hunt discrimination. Directly or indirectly, it's what you do at the EEOC. No discrimination, no EEOC, everyone who works there is unemployed.

The discrimination industry producing good paying American jobs.

The discrimination industry producing good paying American jobs.

The diversicrats and commissars now abundant at universities and corporate offices do make bank.

Well, if there's no discrimination, then good of it. Let them find new jobs, or none at all depending on how little discrimination there is and what society discovers it can afford.

The EEOC processses complaints about EEO - they do not go hunting for it. Moreover, the EEOC does more than hunt for discrimination. - theyprovide to prevent discrimination as well.

If systemic racism went away, whatever would the CRT priests do to make money?

??

We can rest assured that the CRT evangelists will always find systemic racism - when no one else can see it - because that's how they make their money.

There’s money to be made in academia? I need to tell my husband he’s been doing it wrong….
Your husband is an unpaid lecturer?

I don't think you two quite understand Trausti's accusation. He wasn't using "make money" to mean "make money hand over fist like a rock star". Pay attention to the word "priest". For two thousand years people have been becoming priests to make money. Not to make loads of money -- the typical priest was almost as poor as the peasants he preached at -- but to make enough money to get by, with job security, and put in less effort than it would take to provide their customers with something useful.

We can rest assured that the CRT evangelists will always find systemic racism - when no one else can see it - because that's how they make their money.

There’s money to be made in academia? I need to tell my husband he’s been doing it wrong….

I don't think you two quite understand Trausti's accusation. He wasn't using "make money" to mean "make money hand over fist like a rock star". Pay attention to the word "priest". For two thousand years people have been becoming priests to make money. Not to make loads of money -- the typical priest was almost as poor as the peasants he preached at -- but to make enough money to get by, with job security, and put in less effort than it would take to provide their customers with something useful.

I see. So Trausti was projecting yet again. :)

The EEOC processses complaints about EEO - they do not go hunting for it. Moreover, the EEOC does more than hunt for discrimination. - theyprovide to prevent discrimination as well.

There will always be complaints whether they are justified or not.

I see. So Trausti was projecting yet again. :)

I don't see that he's projecting.

There will always be complaints whether they are justified or not.
Someone has to process them. The point is the EEOC does not hunt for them.

Back
Top Bottom