• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What I Enjoy About Being Old.

At 72 I enjoy rubbing other people’s noses in the fact that they said I’d never live this long. Or, I would enjoy it if they weren’t all dead.

At 72 I enjoy rubbing other people’s noses in the fact that they said I’d never live this long. Or, I would enjoy it if they weren’t all dead.
I'm actually the last one of my crowd that is still alive. All my friends are dead now. The last died two years ago.

Oldest-skydiver-102-years-old-wp.jpg

I look forward to people being more inclined to laugh at my honesty rather than be offended.

I entered this world around when Nixon exited the White House.

I'm old enough to be glad I no longer have to worry about Parental Controls on my devices.

I'm old enough to worry about shitting my pants again.

As for skydiving, there's no downside for someone that old to splatter in a field.

I'm actually the last one of my crowd that is still alive. All my friends are dead now. The last died two years ago.

That's deep. Solidifies my view of our world chugging along like a vehicle with no destination while using life as fuel. When its my turn to combust I'd be some billionth fart out the exhaust pipe catching a final glimpse of its temporary form.

That's a wonderful time to have entered the world!

As I get older, I mostly enjoy no longer giving a fuck about what other people think about a whole lot of stuff. And not really giving a fuck what other people - especially young people who don't have any real experience of the world - think about me.

That's a wonderful time to have entered the world!

As I get older, I mostly enjoy no longer giving a fuck about what other people think about a whole lot of stuff. And not really giving a fuck what other people - especially young people who don't have any real experience of the world - think about me.
Same here, but I have realized recently I do still have my limits. Spending the afternoon running around to different stores and realizing after I got home that my fly had been down the whole time. Something that was never an issue in my brain's younger days. Also, having a wad of Velcro strap that was on my passenger seat attach itself to my covid mask without me realizing it until after I finished shopping and took it off in my truck. I wish I had a time machine just to fix those two incidents.

Back
Top Bottom