• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What is the silver lining?

I was just about to reply that, but you beat me too it. Alec Baldwin wins... though didn't he move to Canada in '04?

Taxes are going lower. I think that is it. I mean, sure, defeating ISIS will be awesome with his secret plan, but I'm stuck at taxes.

I think Alec Baldwin's Trump is even more painful to watch than the real Trump. I'd much rather have had four years of Kate McKinnon or Larry David.

People may damn shut up about the election.

In Oz I am sick of hearing about it.

No such luck.

The deplorables just elected into office a reality star TV who likes to talk about himself.

That at least he's not Newt?

I saw somewhere that John Boltons name was being bandied about for SecState.

The deplorables just elected into office a reality star TV who likes to talk about himself.
That statement might well be one of the contributing factors to the Clinton loss.
Telling those whom you are trying to woo away that they are deplorable is not a career enhancing move.

That statement might well be one of the contributing factors to the Clinton loss.
Telling those whom you are trying to woo away that they are deplorable is not a career enhancing move.

It worked for Trump. He insulted the military vets, the Hispanics and women.

He won.

People may damn shut up about the election.

In Oz I am sick of hearing about it.

No such luck.

I note that Clinton loved to talk about herself too. Seems to be a disease in pollies these days.
You had 2 atrocious choices from which to pick.

No such luck.

I note that Clinton loved to talk about herself too. Seems to be a disease in pollies these days.

Are you joking? Trump is a reality TV star. He's done nothing but talk about himself for years.

Hillary only talked about herself during her run for president.

- - - Updated - - -

I only see a couple of silver linings, but they're not much.

1) The Republicans in the House and Senate mostly despise him.
2) With Trump in the White House and Congress dominated by Republicans, anything that happens from here on out, is their fault.

Silver lining?
* The Peso is taking a beating, so maybe I can afford to move to Mexico.
* Border Patrol is my Company's biggest customer and their budget is s'posedly going to double. A vulture capitalist is coming today to look into acquisition...
...and finally -
- Colorado's assisted suicide bill passed.

May start some talk about change to the election system.Get rid of the electoral college,move election day to Saturday or make it a national holiday.
The whole "I spent a million dollars to get a hundred thousand dollar job,and you expect me to help balance the budget"crap.

Are you joking? Trump is a reality TV star. He's done nothing but talk about himself for years.

Hillary only talked about herself during her run for president.

- - - Updated - - -

I only see a couple of silver linings, but they're not much.

1) The Republicans in the House and Senate mostly despise him.
2) With Trump in the White House and Congress dominated by Republicans, anything that happens from here on out, is their fault.
I don't want more people to die like between '02 and '06. We've been here, done that!

And now a bunch of idiots say, "let's do it again!"

Possible silver lining: women rising up like never before.

Trying to find the positives in all this. I guess it's a positive that Donald hasn't put much focus on marijuana as an issue and therefore his followers hadn't been properly programmed to oppose the various state ballot measures on cannabis legalization around the country. Big wins for cannabis yesterday in case you didn't know. However, the conservative hive mind now has 4 - 8 years to pay attention to cannabis. :(

All of the Congressional investigations into Benghazi, Clinton's email, the Clinton Foundation, etc. just vanished in a puff of smoke.

In fact, Congress might even get around to passing legislation or even (gasp) a budget.

In other news, Mitch McConnell has recovered his ability to say words other than "no."

All of the Congressional investigations into Benghazi, Clinton's email, the Clinton Foundation, etc. just vanished in a puff of smoke.

In fact, Congress might even get around to passing legislation or even (gasp) a budget.

In other news, Mitch McConnell has recovered his ability to say words other than "no."

Ya, they do have a lot of free time on their hands now to do their actual job. The downside of that is that the GOP controls all the branches of your government and they're now going to start doing their job.

Back
Top Bottom