• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

Shane MacGowan was laid to rest today.

The live performance looks amazing.

Fairytale of New York is a Christmas standard but I expect this year it will be the number one song on many charts around the world. I look forward to the po-faced puritans squirming;

You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last

RIP Shane and Kirsty.

Nick Cave performs A Rainy Night in Soho at the funeral of Shane MacGowan;

Now the song is nearly over
We may never find out what it means
Still there's a light I hold before me
You're the measure of my dreams
The measure of my dreams

Incredibly, Wham! is the Christmas number one, 39 years after it's 1984 release!

It was kept out of the number one spot 39 years ago by Band Aid Do They Know It's Christmas. George Michael was a little bit salty that Wham! didn't get number one because he knew he had written a number one song. In my opinion Last Christmas is much superior but the charity record sold more, Oh well, RIP George Michael, Shane MacGowan and Kirsty MacColl.

This song always reminds me of my grandfather, with me playing around as a kid in his second story apartment. He always had this AM radio station he played, and this song seemed to come on every 10 minutes in the 70's.

@Thomas II I would say that Lyla is in a similar style to Street Fighting Man but not so similar to say a knock off. Maybe Oasis were “influenced” ;)

Oasis detractors are more inclined to call them a Beatles tribute band.

Back
Top Bottom