• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

John Waite was the lead singer of The Babys before he went solo, and for my money he's one of those 80s vocalists who never got enough credit. I love the fact that this song echoes the drum/bass beat from "Head First" and the video is from that era of "the video needs to be like a movie. Of course the lead singer can act...make him the main character!"

I let a friend borrow Anthology. That was 38 years ago. I still want it back.
There's a pretty decent documentary on the Amazon Prime about John Waite called "The Hard Way."

I still listen to The Babys Anthology from time to time. Reminds me of a time when I was arguing with my dad about the music I was listening to. He graduated high school before Elvis hit, and he didn't like "that rock and roll music" much. One of his complaints was about the lyrics. "That's just baby, baby, baby over and over again." I was listening to "Head First" and he pointed out the bit where Waite sings "baby baby baby take me in your arms and love me." He said "listen to that! Just baby baby baby! What's the name of that group anyway?"

"Um...that's The Babys, dad..."

"See! That's what I'm talking about!!!" :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom