• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

I always liked this cut … play it for someone and ask who they think it is.

Speaking of Canadians...how about obscure Canadian synth-pop from the 80s?

My college roommate introduced me to Strange Advance (and Frank Zappa) and I was hooked. I had a cassette copy of their then two albums, and had to settle for sketchy YouTube videos of dupes of their songs. Glad to see they're still out there in the Great White North playing shows.

I admit, I've looked at some over 70 politicians and said "hey, you're too old...retire already." Yet here's a guy who still rocks at 75. He can still pull off leather pants and a bitchin' pick slide.

I've been all over my library today trying to troubleshoot issues with BluOS and also checking Airplay and Bose Soundtouch. I can play wirelessly those three ways from the computer to the stereo though the NAD Preamp/Streamer. I've concluded I need to rearrange my stereo to put the NAD higher and not have other components between it and the ceiling to get better Wifi. But that means also raising the height of the turntable because the wire is only so long. So I am looking at a second stereo cabinet to put next to the main one.

But I need to rearange the other components first because if moving the NAD up doesn't solve my issues then what's the Point buying a new cabinet???

I would not have guessed that the singer of this purposeful mangling was famous for being a great singer that just about everyone has heard.

Her real name was not Darlene Edwards

Don't spoil this for a while

New Beatles.
Beatles fans will lap this up. It's such a weird thing, a sort of song beyond the grave. On the surface, it's a pretty unremarkable and unmistakable Beatles composition. It delivers nostalgia in spades. The video and the technology of creating the song is the remarkable part of it. I quite liked it but it's not a song that will feature on my playlist.

Back
Top Bottom