• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What should Israel do?

steve_bnk

Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
It is clear there is no political solution. The Palestinians. Persians, and Arabs in general can't get along with each other let alone make peace with Israel.

Libya, Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq are a mess. Iran is supplying Hamas and trying to destabilize the Arab monarchies.

Israel is an in Alamo existential battle.

Whatever your criticisms are o Israel, it is the only stable state with western style freedoms in theregion. If Israel falls or becomes diminished it opens the way for connected extremists from Libya to Syria to Gaza to ISIS in Iraq, andthat would be the greatest tragedy.

The rain of rockets is unbearable.

If I were POTUS I would support aggressive Israeli action to end the attacks from Gaza once and for all, and offer to provide air support and offshore naval assistance.

Obama's approach of foreign policy by reason, negotiation, and talk has failed. The only currency is power.

the star spangled banner says "bombs bursting in air" so I guess lets bomb them. seems to have worked in the past, we aren't at war now thanks to previous wars...

the star spangled banner says "bombs bursting in air" so I guess lets bomb them. seems to have worked in the past,
Um...No. The bombs bursting in the air did NOT work. That's the whole point of the song. Even after the bombardment, 'the flag was still there.'

Or at least, if there's going to be any shelling, don't let the British do it...

the star spangled banner says "bombs bursting in air" so I guess lets bomb them. seems to have worked in the past,
Um...No. The bombs bursting in the air did NOT work. That's the whole point of the song. Even after the bombardment, 'the flag was still there.'

Or at least, if there's going to be any shelling, don't let the British do it...

oh I forgot who's side I was on, either way "we must engage the enemy in war to maintain the peacefulness we experience now, because we got this peace through war"

Well for starters Israel could pull back to the borders of their state as established at it's founding, end the settlements, and stop treating the Palestinians as subhumans.

There isn't any problem in the middle east. This is what they've been doing for countless generations. And if what they've been doing for countless generations is a problem then it's obviously not a problem with a solution.

In what sense is the current "rain of rockets" "unbearable" in Israel? What exactly are you "bearing" steve_bnk that is so terrible you need to tell the world about?

We've all "borne" in our lifetimes Steve, Syrian and Libyan civil wars, genocide in Rwanda, Yugoslavian civil war, unrest in Ukraine, violence and terrorism in the Basque region and Northern Ireland, narcoterrorism in South America, civil war in Congo, Liberia, Angola, Sierra Leone, etc. USA invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, rise of the Taliban, Kurdish insurgencies in Turkey, Iraq, Iran, etc. Blah, blah, blah...

Why do people get so worked up either way about this pissy pathetic little squabble in the Middle East and make up excuses about how terrible and important it is compared with the rest of the shit going on in the world?

Well for starters Israel could pull back to the borders of their state as established at it's founding, end the settlements, and stop treating the Palestinians as subhumans.

It will not change anything.

in agreement with Egypt Israel withdrew from Gaza and dismantled settlements with Palestinians having self determination..

Unrelated to Israel Fatah and Hamas ended up in civil war slaughtering each other.

Israel is actually a relatively small part of the regional conflict.

Even if Israel disappeared not much would change.

In what sense is the current "rain of rockets" "unbearable" in Israel? What exactly are you "bearing" steve_bnk that is so terrible you need to tell the world about?

We've all "borne" in our lifetimes Steve, Syrian and Libyan civil wars, genocide in Rwanda, Yugoslavian civil war, unrest in Ukraine, violence and terrorism in the Basque region and Northern Ireland, narcoterrorism in South America, civil war in Congo, Liberia, Angola, Sierra Leone, etc. USA invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, rise of the Taliban, Kurdish insurgencies in Turkey, Iraq, Iran, etc. Blah, blah, blah...

Why do people get so worked up either way about this pissy pathetic little squabble in the Middle East and make up excuses about how terrible and important it is compared with the rest of the shit going on in the world?

Genocide in Rwanda does not affect global oil supplies and stability. The Suez Canal and Hormuz Straights are critical.

In a sense Israel is a firewall between Egypt and the chaos.

France is reported to be initiating a travel ban to some areas because French nationals are joining the extremists.

Purging Gaza of rockets and extremists is good for the Palestinians, the region, and the west.

Genocide in Rwanda does not affect global oil supplies and stability. The Suez Canal and Hormuz Straights are critical.

France is reported to be initiating a travel ban to some areas because French nationals are joining the extremists.

Purging Gaza of rockets and extremists is good for the Palestinians, the region, and the west.

Purging Israel of long range weapons and extremists is good for the Palestinians, the region, and the west, too. Are you going to suggest it, or are you going to keep repeating offensive racist crap like the OP?

Israel should stop being racist

Israel should end the apartheid they practice. Israel should stop thinking they are special and join the human race. It is time for us all to put aside our religious and racial differences.
Jews should not have special privileges because they are of that religious/racial group. We are all human beings and should all enjoy the same rights.

It will not change anything.

in agreement with Egypt Israel withdrew from Gaza and dismantled settlements with Palestinians having self determination..

Unrelated to Israel Fatah and Hamas ended up in civil war slaughtering each other.

Israel is actually a relatively small part of the regional conflict.

Even if Israel disappeared not much would change.
BULLSHIT!!!!!! God am I sick of hearing nonsense like this.

Israeli oppression is the cause of this. It is the cause of the problems with the Palestinians. And a way for surrounding nations to justify their hatred as well as attack Israel through proxies.

This will never end until Israeli oppression of the Palestinians and theft from the Palestinians ends.

And anyone who says that ending Israeli oppression is impossible is a fool. It is easily possible despite the irrational claims to the opposite. All that is needed is for Israel to start thinking of the Palestinians as humans and treating them as such.

From their latest murderous attack of the Palestinians we can clearly see they don't.

Didn't they use up all six of their bombs in Libya?

Established when and by whom?

Israel should end the apartheid they practice. Israel should stop thinking they are special and join the human race. It is time for us all to put aside our religious and racial differences.
Jews should not have special privileges because they are of that religious/racial group. We are all human beings and should all enjoy the same rights.
Sounds good on paper. Not to be sarcastic as I'd like the same thing.
The Arabs can't even stop fighting amongst themselves, not that that should be a western concern. After the Arab Spring, I'm still waiting to see if these "same rights" comes to fruition... anywhere. When Atheists can coexist in a Middle Eastern nation, I'll call it a win.

Purging Israel of long range weapons and extremists is good for the Palestinians, the region, and the west, too.
And what would be good for Israel?
Oh silly me I forgot we are not allowed to ask what might be good for Israel.

Sorry. You're right, I forgot to mention purging Israel of long range weapons and extremists would be good for Israel, too. Also, treating the neighbors with respect and living within their internationally recognized borders.

And now that we're on the subject of what would be good for Israel, it would be good if Israelis could rid themselves of the superiority complex that leads so many to think they're better than their neighbors. They aren't special, and that European-style arrogance they're packing isn't winning them any friends.

Last edited:
And what would be good for Israel?
Oh silly me I forgot we are not allowed to ask what might be good for Israel.

Sorry. You're right, I forgot to mention purging Israel of long range weapons and extremists would be good for Israel, too. Also, treating the neighbors with respect and living within their internationally recognized borders.

And now that we're on the subject of what would be good for Israel, it would be good if Israelis could rid themselves of the superiority complex that leads so many to think they're better than their neighbors. They aren't special, and that European-style arrogance they're packing isn't winning them any friends.
This is true for everyone in the region, not just Israel.

What should Israel do?

For one, stop getting pressured by the so-called "international community" to stop the operation prematurely like they did in 2012 and 2009 because that just means Hamas et al will just regroup, rearm and resume attacks.
Objectives should be:
- destroy all of the 10,000 rockets Hamas et al have right now. The more rockets they have at the end of the operation the quicker they can rearm to today's levels again. Best rocket level should be zero.
- kill as many Hamas et al leaders and fighters as you can. The more of them are killed, the slower the recovery will be.
- destroy as much Hamas et al infrastructure as you can. And yes, that includes terrorist owned homes because they are being used for command and control as well as for making and storing armaments.

Maybe that way it will take 5 years instead of 2 before the lawn will have to be cut again.

What should US and EU do? Stop pressuring Israel to do what none of them would dream of doing in face of sustained terrorist threat from a defined hostile territory. Stop supporting PA financially until they purge themselves of any and all support for terrorism, including payments to terrorists and their families or attempts to form "unity government" with the likes of Hamas. Furthermore they need to oppose any country that gives aid an comfort to the terrorist scum, especially Iran with their long range rockets.

Yes, more destruction, more violence and more killings of guilty and innocent are always recipes for peace.

Purging Israel of long range weapons and extremists is good for the Palestinians, the region, and the west, too. Are you going to suggest it, or are you going to keep repeating offensive racist crap like the OP?

Purge Gaza of rockets and you'll see peace. Purge Israel of weapons and you'll see genocide.

Established when and by whom?

Established in 1948 by a mandate from the United Nations. Ever since, the borders of Israel have been expanding at the expense of whatever Arabs may have been living there.

If this expansion does not stop (and Israel has given no indication it will), then there will never be a solution to the problem.

Back
Top Bottom