• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Would Happen if Trump Refused to Leave Office?

Just posting to congratulate Elixir on his prognostication.

I see Mr. Harvestdancer thinks he won the exchange. How cute.
Aw thanks.
But don't be too hard on Jason.
The nature of <consistency edit> is that they are each masters of their own imaginary domains.
A couple objections, name calling isn't allowed. Also, he isn't a Libertarian anyway, merely a Contrarian.
I'll point out people who try to downplay Jan 6 aren't just contrarians - they love the red baseball cap.

Aw thanks.
The nature of <consistency edit> is that they are each masters of their own imaginary domains.
A couple objections, name calling isn't allowed. Also, he isn't a Libertarian anyway, merely a Contrarian.
I'll point out people who try to downplay Jan 6 aren't just contrarians - they love the red baseball cap.
Uh huh, sure, yeah, that's the ticket, let's go with that.

Aw thanks.
I find it saves time.

Meanwhile, back at Realityville, Trump's Truth Social media company, is moribund, and has stopped paying its bills. Sinking with millions in debt. And is predicted to soon be facing bankruptcy if a major turn around does not happen soon. Everything Trump touches dies. Smirk, smirk!

Aw thanks.
I find it saves time.
It is probably easier than thinking.

According to reporting from NBC News’ Pete Williams and Julia Ainsley, the inspector general’s probe into the Department of Homeland Security regarding missing Secret Service text messages hailing from January 5th and 6th, 2021, has now officially turned into a criminal investigation, after reports revealed the text messages being sought by the J6 House Select Committee were conveniently deleted after their request for the evidence was already made.

I do think it's doubtful that Trump would ever do anything requiring courage.
But I'm pretty sure he would try anything that only requires stupidity, as long as he thinks he can blame someone else if it goes awry. And that includes fomenting civil war.
^June 5, 2020

There sure was a lot of prescience going on here at that time. And since then, a lot of RW poster failing to acknowledge that everyone but them saw the current situation developing.

Exclusive: Special counsel trades immunity for fake elector testimony as Jan 6 probe heats up

Special counsel Jack Smith has compelled at least two Republican fake electors to testify to a federal grand jury in Washington in recent weeks by giving them limited immunity, part of a current push by federal prosecutors to swiftly nail down evidence in the sprawling criminal investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

The testimony, described to CNN by people familiar with the situation, comes after a year of relative dormancy around the fake electors portion of the investigation and as a parade of related witnesses are being told to appear before the grand jury with no chance for delay.

That activity could signal that investigators are nearing at least some charging decisions in a part of the 2020 election probe, sources added. It also comes just as the special counsel’s office filed charges against former President Donald Trump for his handling of classified documents.
In recent weeks, the special counsel’s office has also shown interest in several members of Trump’s post-election legal team who promoted baseless claims of widespread voter fraud, including his former lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, as well as former Justice Department appointee Jeffrey Clark, who tried to help Trump’s push to use the Department of Justice to overturn the election.

Giuliani played a key role in overseeing the fake electors plot across seven battleground states as part of the broader push to overturn the 2020 presidential election results for Trump, as CNN has previously reported.

This model prosecution memorandum (or “pros memo”) assesses federal charges Special Counsel Jack Smith may bring against former President Donald Trump for alleged criminal interference in the 2020 election. The authors have decades of experience as federal prosecutors, criminal defense lawyers, and other legal expertise. We conclude that the evidence likely now meets Department of Justice standards to commence a prosecution. We base that conclusion upon a stream of recent disclosures in court filings and in the press that have come on top of the findings of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol (the “Select Committee”).

Our memo follows a common DOJ practice. Prior to indicting a case, federal prosecutors prepare a pros memo that lays out admissible evidence, possible charges, and legal issues. This document provides a basis for prosecutors handling the case and their supervisors to assess whether the case meets the standard set forth in the Principles of Federal Prosecution, which permit charges only when there is “evidence sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction.”
More details in the article. Well worth a read.

Back
Top Bottom