• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What’s the worst thing in religion?

Faith, a simplistic way to cope in a vast and complex world, without the need to think for yourself or question your own beliefs, just accept the authority of the state, the priests and their holy books.

The criminalization of doubt and questioning.

This alone means stifling of expression, curiosity, and creativity, and reinforcing ignorance.

The systematic way unwelcome races are eliminated from Church.

The fashion show a Church can be.

When you reveal the true nature of God to your Pastor and he never makes eye contact with you again.

The singing.

It may be that complaining about God is the same thing as worshipping it, so maybe the inability to just chill is the worst part of all. God creating energy comes from outrage, as much as worship. People can't reason well enough to see the perfection in accepting God. It doesn't matter either way, so reducing the situation to what works best socially makes sense.

Do you agree that accepting God today would help abolish religion in the long run? That it would be a good thing to steal the warmth of a dying animal? I think that God is more fragile than people think. I think people keep the feather floating with their doubting breath, and they should inhale more often. That may be the worst thing about Religion... how Religion remains Religion.

K so you don't understand how and why accepting religion may be the best way to rid the world of it - within 500 years. 200? That makes sense. Organized alienation tactics crafted to avoid discussing reality aren't uncommon and I suppose they are to be expected. I do it all the time, so I don't judge people.
There really is no way to avoid God, be it in discussion or in worship. I personally do both, and can justify why everyone should.

Help me do some philosophicals and math please. Ask me how accepting Christ can help rid the world of all Religion within ___ years. Fill in the blank after I have partly explained.

Ask me about the unprecedented ways to bend your life to your own liking through the words you say, while undoing the fear-thriving and opportunistic aspects of a Religion, which you are willingly under the ___ of. The blank is an important word. Saying spell is all wrong. Guise would also be wrong. Cloak may work. I don't google (ask satan) for new words unless the situation is urgent.

It glorifies ignorance, thereby causing great harm. In short it is a license to commit crime.

This is true. Any atrocity can be justified if "god" told someone to do it. I can't help thinking of Hebrews 11 in the christian bible. The writer praises all these people who did things "through faith." Among these things was Abraham preparing to kill his son as a blood sacrifice because god told him to do it.

I still say killing children for "witchcraft" is worse.

Back
Top Bottom