• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What's your culinary guilty pleasure?

Is that chorizo? It almost reminds me of kielbasa.

I thought the same thing when I looked at the picture.

GMB, is that Spanish or Mexican chorizo?
Not sure. It’s just sold as chorizo here, we can also get cacciatore here as well.

It may be continental chorizo.

The chorizo we get is generally sold in bulk without a casing (although the packaging is usually sausage-shaped). It's a lot greasier than what you show in the picture and to me it tastes kind of like a spicy Mexican bacon sausage. I honestly have no idea what Spanish chorizo is like because I've never had it (I don't even know if it's sold in my area and if it is, I don't know which store sells it), but what you show in your picture looks a lot like Polish kielbasa to me.

Not sure. It’s just sold as chorizo here, we can also get cacciatore here as well.

The chorizo we get is generally sold in bulk without a casing (although the packaging is usually sausage-shaped). It's a lot greasier than what you show in the picture and to me it tastes kind of like a spicy Mexican bacon sausage. I honestly have no idea what Spanish chorizo is like because I've never had it (I don't even know if it's sold in my area and if it is, I don't know which store sells it), but what you show in your picture looks a lot like Polish kielbasa to me.

The chorizo I buy looks like this:

3666776A-6C3E-4DE4-9FD5-714F059B92C8.jpeg

It’s like a thin salami, though not quite as dried as one. You shouldn’t really eat it raw I don’t think.

Fromder has the right idea though.

View attachment 16112

It’s like a thin salami, though not quite as dried as one. You shouldn’t really eat it raw I don’t think.

Yeah the chorizo I get from Shoprite looks like that. Kind of a salami but not as dry and more spicy.

Now I want chorizo -_-

View attachment 16112

OK, that looks more like what I'm used to. Maybe I'm just not used to seeing it in a sausage casing like that.

View attachment 16112

Yeah the chorizo I get from Shoprite looks like that. Kind of a salami but not as dry and more spicy.

Now I want chorizo -_-
One chorizo, one tin of tomatoes and some mushrooms and a chilli makes a damn fine pasta sauce! Enough for two servings.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 16112

OK, that looks more like what I'm used to. Maybe I'm just not used to seeing it in a sausage casing like that.
I haven’t seen it without the casings. :)

Back
Top Bottom