• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What's your culinary guilty pleasure?

I just ate an entire package, like a regular size pack not mini not bulk, of oreos in less than 24 hours total. With Reg milk to dunk them in and sip on after cuz of the crumbly bits that got in the milk.

All of them.

Less than 24 hours.

I still see nothing wrong with this.

I now realize that every time I go to the grocery store, I get a bag of beef jerky Also I usually get a couple of cans of cheap smoked oysters.

Last time we went up north (a common Michigan phrase) my brother in law has us stop at a little butcher shop he found that makes great jerky and meat sticks. Figured out after we got out of there that the jerky and sticks came to about $30 per pound. They were good, very good. But not $30/lb. good.

Out here, they say "down the shore" for the Jersey shore.

I haven't done this in a while, but it used to be a pretty regular thing.

• Hey, if I buy a whole case of yogurt, it'll last me a whole month if not more!
  • Fuck, I can't stop eating yogurt.
  • Yogurt all gone now.
  • I'll go buy some kefir this time. Maybe it'll last longer.

(That never works. The kefir disappears even faster.)

I now realize that every time I go to the grocery store, I get a bag of beef jerky Also I usually get a couple of cans of cheap smoked oysters.

Do you eat them together?

No. The oysters are for late night quick snacks, when I am out of jerky. Occasionally for a change I eat kippered herring instead for a snack. This week, I got a dozen eggs which I hard boiled. Good for salads with blue cheese.

I just ate an entire package, like a regular size pack not mini not bulk, of oreos in less than 24 hours total. With Reg milk to dunk them in and sip on after cuz of the crumbly bits that got in the milk.

All of them.

Less than 24 hours.

I still see nothing wrong with this.
Heck no! Nothing wrong with that!

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't done this in a while, but it used to be a pretty regular thing.

• Hey, if I buy a whole case of yogurt, it'll last me a whole month if not more!
  • Fuck, I can't stop eating yogurt.
  • Yogurt all gone now.
  • I'll go buy some kefir this time. Maybe it'll last longer.

(That never works. The kefir disappears even faster.)
Cravings?

Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but my favourite ‘go to’ on a Sunday night is a door stop sized slice of fresh white bread, lashings of butter and Vegemite! Must remember to pick up bread this Sunday when shopping.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but my favourite ‘go to’ on a Sunday night is a door stop sized slice of fresh white bread, lashings of butter and Vegemite! Must remember to pick up bread this Sunday when shopping.

Simple, but good. I just ordered out for prolly the last time in quite awhile cuz I gotta do some debt management and more house fixes. May hire painters, tho, for 2 rooms cuz they got awkward angles and badly done spackle.

Anywho, the point is: sausage an shrimp rigatoni with my first time at a rose blush sauce, which came out a bit too thick, and far too spicy cuz I always overdo the paprika and red chili powder, and added cherry tomatoes and sautéed portabella mushrooms at last minute because craaaavings.

Simple, but good. I just ordered out for prolly the last time in quite awhile cuz I gotta do some debt management and more house fixes. May hire painters, tho, for 2 rooms cuz they got awkward angles and badly done spackle.

Anywho, the point is: sausage an shrimp rigatoni with my first time at a rose blush sauce, which came out a bit too thick, and far too spicy cuz I always overdo the paprika and red chili powder, and added cherry tomatoes and sautéed portabella mushrooms at last minute because craaaavings.

Your dish sounds similar to something I make.

I do a fish dish where I ‘poach/bake’ the fish in the oven in a soy and Lemon juice mixture.

While that is cooking I cook a chorizo sausage, some mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and onion in a frypan, add a few fresh herbs and some soy and balsamic vinegar. Reduce it down and plate it up. The fish rests on top of the mixture. I could add paprika and/or chilli powder to it, and I might next time. I also add fresh herbs to it, when I can get decent ones.

I do a fish dish where I ‘poach/bake’ the fish in the oven in a soy and Lemon juice mixture.

While that is cooking I cook a chorizo sausage, some mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and onion in a frypan, add a few fresh herbs and some soy and balsamic vinegar. Reduce it down and plate it up. The fish rests on top of the mixture. I could add paprika and/or chilli powder to it, and I might next time. I also add fresh herbs to it, when I can get decent ones.

That sounds so good. My soy-mustard-male syrup fish only came out so-so in flavor, and I overcooked it a bit cuz I'm still really leery of fish for cooking. I'm fine with rare beef and never got sick from it or under-done chicken or bacon or whatever else, but fish is kinda ominous to cook for me still. Other seafood, too, although I love eating it.

Does your fish come out a little too heavy on moisture if covered in oven? I tried not covering it, and it left the edges and top a bit too dry, so maybe next time I'll cover and bake my salmon?

I dunno.

I want more shrimp now but I'm already full.

I keep looking at it I imagine sorta like my cat loos at one of his toys wen he really wants it but can't be bothered to move so he talks to me instead.

That sounds so good. My soy-mustard-male syrup fish only came out so-so in flavor, and I overcooked it a bit cuz I'm still really leery of fish for cooking. I'm fine with rare beef and never got sick from it or under-done chicken or bacon or whatever else, but fish is kinda ominous to cook for me still. Other seafood, too, although I love eating it.

Does your fish come out a little too heavy on moisture if covered in oven? I tried not covering it, and it left the edges and top a bit too dry, so maybe next time I'll cover and bake my salmon?

I dunno.

I want more shrimp now but I'm already full.

I keep looking at it I imagine sorta like my cat loos at one of his toys wen he really wants it but can't be bothered to move so he talks to me instead.

No. I don’t cover my fish. I only cook it on about 200C and only for about 20 minutes. It doesn’t come out dry at all. Could be because I use soy and lemon juice which, I think, seals it.

We are having it tomorrow night and I am adding ham chunks to it and using sun dried tomatoes as well as fresh cherry to tomatoes this time.

I will try and get a photo.

I'm having fries pre-seasoned from Checkers but out of my grocery store freezer section, and some peach flavored brandy that is kinda ick alone, but with food soooo much better.

Of curse I'm also watching a bunch of rachet ass hoes no matter what color or work or home life they have, courtesy of Joe Browns curt room.

I think I need help. Is there a hotline fir watching trash TV whiled rinking and eating French fries?

Here is tonight’s offering.

E4749E3C-FA47-474C-AB5B-50CAA0FC88ED.jpeg

View attachment 16077

Is that chorizo? It almost reminds me of kielbasa.

View attachment 16077

Is that chorizo? It almost reminds me of kielbasa.

I thought the same thing when I looked at the picture.

GMB, is that Spanish or Mexican chorizo?

Back
Top Bottom