• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

When Trump Defies the Courts

. You can't indict a sitting President. Do you know a way around this?
Can't? That's a DOJ memo, it says they won't.
Not that they cannot. Not like it's in the Constitution, or anything.
In a way, I almost want him to suspend elections because the progressives are too damn dangerous to this country.
speaking as someone sworn to defend the constitution you just shat upon, I disagree strenuously with you. .

These trumpsucking traitors are a dime a dozen lately. And they're not even entertaining.
But they make great trolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
These trumpsucking traitors are a dime a dozen lately. And they're not even entertaining.
It is cute how some people shout 'let the market decide' or 'schools should teach the controversy' cannot stand the very idea of letting the voters decide the controversy.

Balls-out stupid, but cute in 'there are good people on both sides' way.

. You can't indict a sitting President. Do you know a way around this?
Not that they cannot. Not like it's in the Constitution, or anything.
In a way, I almost want him to suspend elections because the progressives are too damn dangerous to this country.
speaking as someone sworn to defend the constitution you just shat upon, I disagree strenuously with you.

Keith, it is in the Constitution that the President can suspend the Constitution.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is cute how some people shout 'let the market decide' or 'schools should teach the controversy' cannot stand the very idea of letting the voters decide the controversy.

Is the truth determined by popular vote?

Point is that Trump is the victim here. He's right to ignore it.

You spelled criminal wrong.

You can't indict a sitting President.

Why? Where is your proof?

Jefferson said when laws are unjust or lead to injustice, we are obligated to defy them.

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that if Obama or Clinton tried a tenth of the reprehensible shit Trump has pulled in less than 36 months you would be the first to cry about it?

Depends why Obama or Clinton did it. If they did it to protect our nation from a great threat, I would not have a problem with them suspending the Constitution.

You spelled criminal wrong.

Why? Where is your proof?

Jefferson said when laws are unjust or lead to injustice, we are obligated to defy them.

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that if Obama or Clinton tried a tenth of the reprehensible shit Trump has pulled in less than 36 months you would be the first to cry about it?

Depends why Obama or Clinton did it. If they did it to protect our nation from a great threat, I would not have a problem with them suspending the Constitution.

Don't worry, I definitely believe you.

Think His Flatulence would appear in a position where someone had the line of sight to take such a shot?

I really don't know about all that tactical shit, but it seems to me like a 6km diameter circle would be hard to constantly keep "clean".

No, I'm saying they wouldn't put him in a position where someone remotely that far away had a line of sight for a shot.

MODS:
And chance of moving half-life's half-witted derail ... elsewhere?
He obviously has nothing to contribute to the subject of the OP.

This thread is about what happens when Trump, having defied Congress and having attacked every law enforcement and intel agency, de decides to defy the courts as well.

Sorry.

But, in my opinion nothing will happen. You can't indict a sitting President. Do you know a way around this? In a way, I almost want him to suspend elections because the progressives are too damn dangerous to this country.

You're proving we are right--you're the side who wants to destroy our democracy.

You're proving we are right--you're the side who wants to destroy our democracy.

Because I believe the President should use his power given to him by the Constitution to suspend that very same Constitution due to great threats from progressives?

Because I believe the President should use his power given to him by the Constitution to suspend that very same Constitution due to great threats from progressives?

Please clarify for me.

If people who disagreed with you about basic values constituted a majority, you would happily install a dictator rather than respect that majority?

Please clarify for me.

If people who disagreed with you about basic values constituted a majority, you would happily install a dictator rather than respect that majority?

Suspending the Constitution does not make one a dictator. It is simply exercising the Constitution.

Not that they cannot. Not like it's in the Constitution, or anything. speaking as someone sworn to defend the constitution you just shat upon, I disagree strenuously with you.

Keith, it is in the Constitution that the President can suspend the Constitution.
But this president has used a fake condition of emergency to fund a campaign promise.
And military aid to produce a campaign scandal.
And you want to suspend the constitution to win elections.

So i disagree with you.

Is the truth determined by popular vote?

The nation's future path is,
You guys dislike tge trends, so you want to disenfranchise the dissenters.
Thats a dick, dictatorial move.

Please clarify for me.

Suspending the Constitution does not make one a dictator. It is simply exercising the Constitution.

Suspendingnthe constitution from a fear of being outvoted DEFINITELY makes you a dictator.

You're the one who talked about suspending elections. That's a common route to dictatorship.

Please clarify for me.

Bring your calendar forward 35 years.

So, if Obama HAD wiretapped Trump, for fear that he posed a great threat to the nation, you'd be okay with that, too? Because i'm old enough to remember a LOT of people being upset at the claim (made totally without evidence) that he had done exactly that.

Or are you saying that wiretapping was wrong, he should have just suspended the electoral college results and given the presidency to the winner of the popular vote? As long as he maintained that Trump posed 'a great threat' to the nation, you'd be okay with that?

Please clarify for me.

It has to make one a dictator as suspending the Constitution means there is no basis for how the Government works in the US. I doubt one would suspend the Constitution, resign, and order up a council of 20 people to help lead the US into the future.

Please clarify for me.

Breaking the law doesn't make you a criminal. You are simply exercising your legal options.

Thanks to halfie for his half-hearted, half-witted attempt to say something relevant to the OP.
By his assertions, once Trump defies the courts and officially places himself above the law, it should be open season on him.

Back
Top Bottom