• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Politics Where are you really from?

Doubting what someone says is an expression of disrespect, especially when you publicly express it repeatedly.

It is in material effect, no matter the intent, to cause those around to infer additional doubt and suspicion on that person.

It is in this way definitionally, to treat someone as suspect.

And then to repeatedly do it?

That is an attack.

If I saw this happen in front of me, I would lose respect for the person who took that but did not respond with a slap.

If the person so slapped asked me "why did they slap me" I would respond "because you attacked their honesty, for no good reason, with no proof of anything but your own haughtiness, in public. You should be glad that's all they did after you attacked them."

Thank you for alerting us to your propensity for physical violence.

I guess some people are asking us to believe that the clueless old jade in the British royalty was just making, you know, innocent chit-chat when she rudely interrogated a person of color about her ethnic, cultural and ancestral background. Right-O.

Are you playing some silly game here? You know exactly what I’m talking about.
No I'm not playing a silly game with you.
That's why I asked.
No, I cannot know exactly what you're talking about, because you rarely say. You usually make up stuff, attribute it to other posters, then want to talk about that.
Tom

Excuse me? Can you cite examples of where I have done that — make up stuff, and then attribute it to other posters? If you cannot do so, please withdraw the charge.

Now then, you asked me what Lady What‘s Her Ass asked in the exchange with Fulani. Then you denied that you asked me that. In post 228, I linked above, I proved that you DID ask me that — not some other poster, YOU.

What in the world are you talking about?

Excuse me? Can you cite examples of where I have done that — make up stuff, and then attribute it to other posters? If you cannot do so, please withdraw the charge.

Yes, I can.
But it would be a lot of bother and I don't think you'll pay any attention anyway. Nor anyone else of importance on IIDB.
Tom

Yes, I can.
But it would be a lot of bother and I don't think you'll pay any attention anyway. Nor anyone else of importance on IIDB.
Tom

No, you can’t. I have never done this once, not in a single one of my posts. Please support the charge or reteract.

Now then, to refresh your apparently very poor memory, here again is post 228.

No, you can’t. I have never done this once, not in a single one of my posts. Please support the charge or reteract.

Oh yeah.
Yes I can.

Search IIDB for " clearly and directly and strongly implied".
Maybe you'll find it. What you were posting was that I meant the exact opposite of what I posted.

You aren't important enough to me to do your homework.
Tom

But you DO know her true motives, right? And of course you think they were somehow benign. Because of course you think that.

I think Hussey wanted to know Fulani's ethnic and cultural origins. That seems evident to me because Hussey said 'I knew we'd get there' when she heard it, and the exchange ended.

And why would she want to know that about this woman? Why would it matter in the context of that event? She wasn't going around asking everybody for that information.

Oh yeah.
Yes I can.

Maybe you'll find it. What you were posting was that I meant the exact opposite of what I posted.

Tom

I did a search and came up with nothing that had those words attached to something I wrote.

Were you planning on responding to post 228? If not, I will take that as your concession.

But you DO know her true motives, right? And of course you think they were somehow benign. Because of course you think that.

I think Hussey wanted to know Fulani's ethnic and cultural origins. That seems evident to me because Hussey said 'I knew we'd get there' when she heard it, and the exchange ended.

And why would she want to know that about this woman? Why would it matter in the context of that event? She wasn't going around asking everybody for that information.
I've already answered this in the thread, in fact in the OP. I'm tired of answering the same questions.

Oh yeah.
Yes I can.

Tom

I did a search and came up with nothing that had those words attached to something I wrote.

Were you planning on responding to post 228? If not, I will take that as your concession.

Go ahead

Believe whatever you want.
It's what I expect you to do.
Tom

Oh yeah.
Yes I can.

Tom

Go ahead

Believe whatever you want.
It's what I expect you to do.
Tom

Please support the claim you made against me or withdraw the charge.

Shall I reproduce post 228 for you, rather than linking to it? Would that be easier for you?

Let’s be clear. You wrote:

You usually make up stuff, attribute it to other posters, then want to talk about that.
Tom

Bold by me, for emphasis.

So according to you, I not only did this once, I do it usually. Never mind that I have never even done it once, still less “usually.”

Then you give me a string of search terms to try to prove your case, and when I did the search, the only person found using the string “clearly and directly and strongly implied" is YOU —in the post just above where you encouraged me to search that string!

Please try to get a grip. Oh, and, Post 228, please.

It certainly revealed your compulsion to attack me over anything, and that you don't seem to be able to control that impulse, even when you are demonstrably and laughably wrong.
I’m not the one posting definitions that rebut my own claims. You are.

Metaphor said:
Yes, there is that possibility.
You claimed it was not unreasonable that you knew more about what happened than Lady Hussey because she was old and had probably talked to a lot of people.

Of course there is a possibility you know more. There is a possibility you are a robot.

Metaphor said:
Hyperbole has never been used to such great, lasting, and wondrous effect as when I use it.
I agree. From what I can discern, it has made a lasting and convincing effect on numerous respondents.

And with that, I am going to give myself an early but deserved present.

I've already answered this in the thread, in fact in the OP. I'm tired of answering the same questions.

Really? I went back to the OP, and you said nothing about why her ethnic and cultural origin would matter in the context of that event. I believe that Pood asked you roughly the same question, and you avoided answering it with the same excuse. Again, Hussey could not possibly have known anything about her name until she reached over to push Fulani's hair out of the way of her name tag. Hussey did not ask Fulani about why she chose to change her name, because she did not know that Fulani had changed her name. Hussey did not remark on Fulani's clothing, although a picture of her made you think about her clothing as some kind of attitude statement. Hussey had asked Nafir Abzal where he was from but did not press him after he said "Manchester". Perhaps he was a bit more intimidating to her than Fulani was.

It seems to me that you cannot answer the question without admitting that this was about Fulani's race and immigration status. That's why most people perceive Hussey's behavior as racist, but you want to deny it.

Here, Tom, I am going to be nice enough to do your homework for you, despite your lack of importance to me, and reproduce Post 228. You’re welcome!

You asked me what what “Lady“ What’s Her Ass asked Fulani.
No I didn't.
That's a big problem in these threads.

I didn't ask you what Ms Hussey asked Fulani.
Tom

I quote you, directed to me, from upthread:

What questions did Ms Hussey ask?
Tom

It certainly revealed your compulsion to attack me over anything, and that you don't seem to be able to control that impulse, even when you are demonstrably and laughably wrong.
I’m not the one posting definitions that rebut my own claims. You are.
My claim was that I believed that Hussey was in a better position to know what happened than I was. To convey that belief, I correctly used the verb 'suspect'. You found my correct use of the verb 'suspect' to be so astonishing you quoted it and wrote 'Wow'.

I agree. From what I can discern, it has made a lasting and convincing effect on numerous respondents.
I am glad you agree.

I’m glad you expect me to be honest.
I expect no such thing. I've read a lot of your posts.
Tom

Tom, you need to stop this. You accused me of something I’ve never done, and then, in an effort to support your baseless accusation, you directed me to a search string that yielded nothing that I said. Now you are pointedly ignorning Post 228, in which I disprove another claim you made about me.

You need to stop this. Just give it up. If you don’t, I will once again direct you to Post 228, and I will again ask you to either support the charge you made against me or retract it. If you do neither, I will report your posts on this matter.

Now you know you can’t support the claim you made against me, and I know you won’t retract it because your pride will not permit you to do so. So I suggest you drop this pathetic line of yours and move on.

Back
Top Bottom