• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Where is Bernie Goetz when you need him?

Most thugs that make the news are black.

That doesn't mean that "thug" says anything about the person's race.

Actually, it does. We don't get to create our own definitions on a technicality. The common usage of "thug" describes a young black man. The word has had different usages in the past, but that doesn't change the present.

And more to the point here, that doesn't change Derec's usage of the word - which has been applied by Derec only to young black men 40 out the last 43 times.

Given Derec's posting history, I am not the least bit surprised that someone here assumed that Derec was making racist assumptions.

Actually, it does. We don't get to create our own definitions on a technicality. The common usage of "thug" describes a young black man. The word has had different usages in the past, but that doesn't change the present.

And more to the point here, that doesn't change Derec's usage of the word - which has been applied by Derec only to young black men 40 out the last 43 times.

Given Derec's posting history, I am not the least bit surprised that someone here assumed that Derec was making racist assumptions.
I wouldn't presume it a 'racist' assumption, and more of a locality assumption, if it was even an assumption.

Massive riots and looting break out in Hungary...

"There are blacks in Hungary now?!?"

- Derec

No, you are twisting yourself into a pretzel pretending that self defense and a dismissed case of entrappment make somebody a thug.
Oh no, you are discussing a poster. But until you show that you have done the same for a black "Goetz", you fail your own established standard of proof.

I am merely defending myself from your ad hominem attacks.
No, you are proving my point.

Oh no, you are discussing a poster.
You are attacking me. I am merely defending myself.

But until you show that you have done the same for a black "Goetz", you fail your own established standard of proof.
I have not called the woman who smoked Trevon "How He Gonna Get His Money" Johnson a "thug". She was defending her house using deadly force in a similar way Goetz was defending his person. Even if it were imperfect self defense, that does not make somebody a "thug".

Massive riots and looting break out in Hungary...

"There are blacks in Hungary now?!?"

- Derec

Hungary is in Europe, which was a peaceful, crime-free utopia before the swarthy hordes of Muslims arrived!

Hungary is in Europe, which was a peaceful, crime-free utopia before the swarthy hordes of Muslims arrived!
Post-WWII Europe was certainly enjoying low crime rates until Islamists started spreading Jihad.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you are proving my point.
You could not recognize a point if it was biting you in the ass. All you have are ad hominem attacks.

You are attacking me. I am merely defending myself.
You are still discussing a poster.
I have not called the woman who smoked Trevon "How He Gonna Get His Money" Johnson a "thug". She was defending her house using deadly force in a similar way Goetz was defending his person. Even if it were imperfect self defense, that does not make somebody a "thug".
She did not also sell drugs. Your defense fails your own standard of proof.
You could not recognize a point if it was biting you in the ass. All you have are ad hominem attacks.
Irony-impairment or utter hypocrisy?

I already explained - it is a selective sample and it reflects, to the extent it reflects anything at all, not how I use the term but that black criminality is highly politicized in the US with groups like #BLM always defending and glorifying black thugs for political purposes.

I have repeatedly stated that I see thug as a race-neutral term. Nevertheless, this false allegation keeps popping up and moderators like you continue to ignore the derailing because it fits your degenerate political ideology.

Bullshit. If you were honest, you would admit that the fact that the race of these thugs is not known shows your hypothesis to be false.

But since I have not used the word "thug" in the thread title, it will not be included in the highly selective statistics you are using ...

But since I have not used the word "thug" in the thread title, it will not be included in the highly selective statistics you are using ...
The fact you do not use "thug" in conjunction with Bernie Goetz (a white person) provides more evidence to support the inference from the sample.

She did not also sell drugs. Your defense fails your own standard of proof.
So I need to find a black person who not only defended himself by shooting some thugs, but was also, decades later, unsuccessfully entrapped by a drug cop?

Nobody could fulfill those ridiculous requirements.

Irony-impairment or utter hypocrisy?
I am not irony impaired, you are brains impaired. Seriously, I'd go to the doctor and be checked out for dementia.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact you do not use "thug" in conjunction with Bernie Goetz (a white person) provides more evidence to support the inference from the sample.

Bullshit. I have already explained that self-defense and getting unsuccessfully entrapped by police does not make one a thug.
Or can you show that I called a black person a "thug" for defending himself and getting entrapped?

So I need to find a black person who not only defended himself by shooting some thugs, but was also, decades later, unsuccessfully entrapped by a drug cop?
No, you need to find a black person who shot people and then also sold drugs. There was no entrapment.
Nobody could fulfill those ridiculous requirements.
I am just using your MO of proof in this situations - find an exact replica with the races reversed. Are you saying you now realize your established standard is ridiculous?

I am not irony impaired, you are brains impaired.
You double downed and went for irony impaired and utter hypocrisy.
Seriously, I'd go to the doctor and be checked out for dementia.
I don't think you are brain impaired, but if it will make you feel better, you should make that appointment and get checked out. Seriously, my wife says I don't have to worry about getting dementia - no one will be able to tell the difference.

Bullshit. I have already explained that self-defense and getting unsuccessfully entrapped by police does not make one a thug.
As I have shown, your explanations are invalid.
Or can you show that I called a black person a "thug" for defending himself and getting entrapped?
No one got entrapped. Besides, you've tacitly admitted your standard of proof is ridiculous.

True, because almost all of them likely had smart phones, and most much more expensive than mine, which is why the excuse that they were all desperately poor victims of capitalism is nonsense.
Most likely they are inductees into a violent gang and this mass robbery was orchestrated by adult gang members that will take most of the haul.

Not nearly so likely as it was a senior prank. A horrible one, yes, but much more likely than a 'gang' initiation.

Anything to pretend scum aren't scum.

Based on a review of a search, there are 43 returns on threads by Derec referencing "thugs".

40 - blacks
1 - Greenpeace
1 - Muslims
1 - Hispanics

One final comment, this wasn't to suggest racism or anything... just that Toni referred to Derec's post which mentioned "thugs" and presumed he meant "blacks". She was called on it, but I felt it wasn't an unreasonable leap on her part based on Derec's usage of the word here.

Congratulations--you've shown that he doesn't use "thug" only to describe blacks. The problem is that most thugs (at least the ones that make the news) are black.

The problem is that most thugs (at least the ones that make the news) are black.

The problem is that most thugs (at least the ones that make the news) are black.

When a gang of well armed white guys took over the Malheur refuge, did Derec use the term "thugs" once? Actually, he immediately derailed the thread about #BLM. In fact, he Derec goes on to equate the BLM occupation with protests by #BLM, yet still doesn't call the armed white guys thugs.

These are honest observations. I'm sorry if you can't see it. Derec uses the word thugs when describing blacks that he thinks have greatly wronged the world, whether the are families of criminals, peaceful protesters, criminals, victims of police violence.

"Armed" != "thugs".

There was basically no violence with the Y'all-queda takeover. Thus "thug" is not a proper term to refer to them.

Thugs lead a life of casual violence in the pursuit of their objectives.

Based on a review of a search, there are 43 returns on threads by Derec referencing "thugs".

40 - blacks
1 - Greenpeace
1 - Muslims
1 - Hispanics

One final comment, this wasn't to suggest racism or anything... just that Toni referred to Derec's post which mentioned "thugs" and presumed he meant "blacks". She was called on it, but I felt it wasn't an unreasonable leap on her part based on Derec's usage of the word here.

Congratulations--you've shown that he doesn't use "thug" only to describe blacks. The problem is that most thugs (at least the ones that make the news) are black.

Are you serious? The problem is that Derec is prejudiced and actively looks for things that confirm his prejudice to share here. The fact that you take that as somehow indicative of reality is your own shortcoming.

Back
Top Bottom