• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White People Think Black People Are Magical

Why is no one talking about magical Jews?
I was just thinking about that...:oops:

Do you mean with the Nazis?

How about Jesus? Was Jesus the Magical Jew with the Romans? You know, give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar...?

:oops:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro#:~:text=In the cinema of the,a tradition in American fiction.

I can see Jesus as a magical Jewish figure. His role was a form of public relations, where he translated and communicated God's messages and actions in a way that was more palatable and understandable to the people. Resulting in the betterment of countless lives. Allegedly.
Did he? Jesus allegedly re-wrote things, what mattered, what didn't matter.

How about Jesus? Was Jesus the Magical Jew with the Romans? You know, give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro#:~:text=In the cinema of the,a tradition in American fiction.

I can see Jesus as a magical Jewish figure. His role was a form of public relations, where he translated and communicated God's messages and actions in a way that was more palatable and understandable to the people. Resulting in the betterment of countless lives. Allegedly.

Would that alter his portrayal being one that aligns with the 'magical Negro' trope?

Would that alter his portrayal being one that aligns with the 'magical Negro' trope?
If they did a Jesus adaptation with Jesus as a black man, but not an all black cast, the story would suddenly be an intensely personal tale of how Peter came to befriend him as a young man and learned a whole bunch of important lessons before sadly having to let the government take him away so he can step into his Destiny as the future pope.

If they did a Jesus adaptation with Jesus as a black man, but not an all black cast, the story would suddenly be an intensely personal tale of how Peter came to befriend him as a young man and learned a whole bunch of important lessons before sadly having to let the government take him away so he can step into his Destiny as the future pope.

According to the New Testament, Jesus is identified as the unique Son of God, distinct from the "sons of God" mentioned in Genesis 6:1-4 and Job 1:6, 2:1, where the term refers to angelic beings presenting themselves before God. Jesus was born in Bethlehem, which was considered a Jewish town at the time. If Jesus were born in Bethlehem today, he would be considered Palestinian due to the current geopolitical context. Considering that, how important is his race?

The Bible presents Jesus as both Jewish and the Son of God, setting him apart from others of his time. There is no need to change racial aspects to illustrate themes of personal growth, sacrifice, and mentorship. Jesus already embodied these elements as a minority figure (Son of God) with a transformative impact on those around him, much like characters in the "magical Negro" trope who exist to guide and improve the lives of others. Would Satan, who is also referred to as a "son of God" in the book of Job, identify with Jesus? Probably not. Jesus very well might be a Son of God trope. How do the other "sons of God," perceive their unique and divine Jewish brother? We already know how Satan feels. :whistle:

Not really. The New Testament is Paul's vision, not Jesus's.

How do the other "sons of God," perceive their unique and divine Jewish brother?
Ask any Christian, and they should be able to tell you from personal experience.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." ~Gospel of John, first chapter.

Apparently, being a fellow son of god means you get to enslave your neighbor who is also a son of god, and beat them if they don't make enough money for you. Or set their country on fire to keep yours safe. God has a very dysfunctional family. You can see why Satan decided to start exploring the benefits of neolocal residence.

How do the other "sons of God," perceive their unique and divine Jewish brother?
Ask any Christian, and they should be able to tell you from personal experience.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." ~Gospel of John, first chapter.

Apparently, being a fellow son of god means you get to enslave your neighbor who is also a son of god, and beat them if they don't make enough money for you. Or set their country on fire to keep yours safe. God has a very dysfunctional family. You can see why Satan decided to start exploring the benefits of neolocal residence.

The "children of God" are distinct from the "sons of God" in biblical literature. For example in Genesis 6:1-4: The "sons of God" are mentioned as beings who took human wives, leading to the birth of the Nephilim. If they were human, what's strange about them taking human wives?

In Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7: The "sons of God" are described as angelic beings who present themselves before the Lord.

John 1:12-13, Romans 8:14-17 & Galatians 3:26 Speaks on (human) believers in Christ being given status of children of God, not sons of God.

If you were to ask any of the children of God whether they had both presented themselves before God & witnessed the wager between God and Satan over Job's soul, none would claim to have. In fact the bible doesn't say they did. Sure they can claim they were shown through some Devine cellular network but they can't claim they presented themselves before God as one of God's sons.

I really didn't want to go into great detail about this. It started as a joke that I found amusingly true. That Jesus was a magical Jew.

Anyone who can turn water into wine earns the label "magical" in my book.
Dude performed that miracle once. It clearly wasn't popular.
Perhaps. He'd be popular at my parties, though.
It was very popular at the wedding at Cana...

Also, what about the multiplication of the bread and fish? The Feeding of the 5,000 is also known as the "miracle of the five loaves and two fish"; the Gospel of John reports that Jesus used five loaves and two fish supplied by a boy to feed a multitude...And the fish was tasty and fresh, and the bread was pretty good too, and enough for 5,000...That was some party indeed..."Magical" for sure...:unsure:

In John 6:26-27, Jesus spoke profound words about the miracle, similar to the way 'Magical Negro' characters often impart wisdom. :whistle:

In John 6:26-27, Jesus spoke profound words about the miracle, similar to the way 'Magical Negro' characters often impart wisdom. :whistle:
And white people ignore both. lol

Also, check out the one-star reviews of The Society of Magical Negroes. I honestly don't know if they are genuine and everything they're saying makes it obvious that every salient point in the story flew right over their dumbass heads or if it's people who do get it and are trolling, but either way it's pretty funny. Lots of "iF tEh siTcHuAtiOn wAs rEvErSeD..." whilst having no clue that a reverse situation doesn't exist. Much dumb.

Also, check out the one-star reviews of The Society of Magical Negroes. I honestly don't know if they are genuine and everything they're saying makes it obvious that every salient point in the story flew right over their dumbass heads or if it's people who do get it and are trolling, but either way it's pretty funny. Lots of "iF tEh siTcHuAtiOn wAs rEvErSeD..." whilst having no clue that a reverse situation doesn't exist. Much dumb.
Speaking of which, is it a good movie? I might watch it with my husband at some point if it is. It sounds like it is from your review?

How about this one?

Jesus would have been pretty dark skinned, not the fictional European version. So, see?
Are you saying that Jesus was not a Viking?

82827cdcf7e09598be8959c3643f93645323778262922277951.jpg

c703647403091d911d4b3a7c4472b8f2.jpg

Jesus became the magical white guy par excellence...How did that happen?

Maybe looked more like this?

Ed4vNTBXgAAE1bT.jpg

I always imagined him as looking a bit like Avner Eisenberg, because of that Kathleen Turner movie where he plays Bahai Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom