• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White People Think Black People Are Magical

In John 6:26-27, Jesus spoke profound words about the miracle, similar to the way 'Magical Negro' characters often impart wisdom. :whistle:
And white people ignore both. lol

Also, check out the one-star reviews of The Society of Magical Negroes. I honestly don't know if they are genuine and everything they're saying makes it obvious that every salient point in the story flew right over their dumbass heads or if it's people who do get it and are trolling, but either way it's pretty funny. Lots of "iF tEh siTcHuAtiOn wAs rEvErSeD..." whilst having no clue that a reverse situation doesn't exist. Much dumb.
Speaking of which, is it a good movie? I might watch it with my husband at some point if it is. It sounds like it is from your review?
It IS good. I loved it. I think a lot of people misunderstand it and take it personally even though that's irrational as hell. But it's reality. :/

Anyway, yeah, I predict that you and your husband will love it.

Just when I was thinking threads of the forum could not get any more credulous, along comes this one.

Yet another ridiculous study and cconlusion by academics with nothing better to do and in need of something to bullish.

Social science is a contradiction in terms.

These kinds of studies and conclusions are common in media reporting especially NPR. They have to fill air time.

There are still some iconic roles I'd love to see black actors take on. Specifically, I'd love to see Denzel Washington using the James Bond IP. While agent 007 was busy sleeping around in London, Agent [inserter whatever number here] was sent to China to thwart their plans to ship intelligence-gathering explosive devices disguised as EVs (give me a break ok, I'm not a screen writer). The climax would involve him being discovered by the Chinese government, realizing he is not just a tourist. As a black man in China, he must find a way to escape unnoticed. At some point in the movie, he could call in for advice from 007, creating a tie-in with the broader James Bond universe.

There are still some iconic roles I'd love to see black actors take on. Specifically, I'd love to see Denzel Washington using the James Bond IP. While agent 007 was busy sleeping around in London, Agent [inserter whatever number here] was sent to China to thwart their plans to ship intelligence-gathering explosive devices disguised as EVs (give me a break ok, I'm not a screen writer). The climax would involve him being discovered by the Chinese government, realizing he is not just a tourist. As a black man in China, he must find a way to escape unnoticed. At some point in the movie, he could call in for advice from 007, creating a tie-in with the broader James Bond universe.
hmmmm...Not Denzel, he is "The Equalizer"...Idris Elba maybe...

Denzel has a way of making you forget about his other roles while watching his current one.

Denzel would have been an excellent choice 30/35 years ago but he's almost 70 now. I enjoyed the Equalizer movies but unfortunately he is a tad too old for these roles.

Yes, I've seen all of the Equalizer movies, and I agree that Denzel Washington might be getting a bit old for action roles. However, it would be great to introduce another secret agent character besides 007. After all, there are only so many missions one agent can handle in a lifetime. It's time to bring in a new agent, and why not a (clears throat) 'magical Negro' agent?

Yes, I've seen all of the Equalizer movies, and I agree that Denzel Washington might be getting a bit old for action roles. However, it would be great to introduce another secret agent character besides 007. After all, there are only so many missions one agent can handle in a lifetime. It's time to bring in a new agent, and why not a (clears throat) 'magical Negro' agent?
I believe that Denzel has stated he’s made his last Equalizer movie. Which is strongly suggested in his last Equalizer movie: he’s retired from the franchise.

It’s worth noting that the original Equalizer relied much less on physical violence and Robert McCall had some helpers for the more physical stuff. And Also worth noting that Denzel seems at least a decade younger than his years, at least on screen.

There are still some iconic roles I'd love to see black actors take on. Specifically, I'd love to see Denzel Washington using the James Bond IP.
I've got to think there are several prominent black actors out there who are younger than Washington that could manage just as well. Of course, some people are going to pitch a fit over it. Those people still can't get over Aunt Jemima going away. Having to refer to Washington for black actors doesn't do the younger ones much good. Yes, Washington is the male Meryl Streep (just with fewer Oscars than he should have... and how was he not nominated for Philadelphia?!), but his age is up there.

That's a big leap from being a fan of Denzel's work and imagining him as James Bond, to overshadowing emerging black actors. :oops:

There are still some iconic roles I'd love to see black actors take on. Specifically, I'd love to see Denzel Washington using the James Bond IP.
I've got to think there are several prominent black actors out there who are younger than Washington that could manage just as well. Of course, some people are going to pitch a fit over it. Those people still can't get over Aunt Jemima going away. Having to refer to Washington for black actors doesn't do the younger ones much good. Yes, Washington is the male Meryl Streep (just with fewer Oscars than he should have... and how was he not nominated for Philadelphia?!), but his age is up there.
Jamie Fox?

I could have easily mentioned talented actors like Shamier Anderson, Kelvin Harrison Jr., and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. However, I personally would have loved to see Denzel take on the role of James Bond and my imagination got the best of me I guess.

Sorry Zipper. The thread took a turn on what an historical jesus would have looked like, and not the European imposter. In 2001 the BBC did a documentary and doing a facial reconstruction from an actual skull from the time created a likeness.

What did Jesus really look like?

In 2001 forensic anthropologist Richard Neave created a model of a Galilean man for a BBC documentary, Son of God, working on the basis of an actual skull found in the region. He did not claim it was Jesus's face. It was simply meant to prompt people to consider Jesus as being a man of his time and place, since we are never told he looked distinctive.

If I had any technical skills I could lift the image and place it here but at the link the image is well down the article under item 4. Features. Maybe someone who knows how can place the image here if anyone is interested. It is most likely the most accurate historical representation ever undertaken of a possible historical Jesus.

Jamie Fox?
He isn't as old as Washington, but Foxx has been around for a while, dating back to In Living Colour (mid-seasons). And Jebus, was Ray 20 years ago?!

Back
Top Bottom