• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why "Chinese Virus" is racist

Call it the Wet Market Flu

Excellent MSM video,

It was called this a couple days ago:

"Why diseases keep originating in China"

but was changed. Fucking Lol.

These days everyone is racist because everything is racist.

No, still just the same thing it’s always been. Willful ignorance regarding a particular social group deemed inferior by the dominant social group, with the intent to inflict personal harm.

The term has lost any meaningful definition.

Well, since there has only ever been one race and therefore, technically, no such thing was ever meaningful, that doesn’t change the fact that everyone knows exactly what it refers to.

Remember when people said that calling Chinese people "slanted eyes" was racist even though it's a fact they have slanted eyes?

Are you really not intelligent enough to understand that no one using the term “slanted eyes” was using the term to refer to the literal shape of their eyes?

Yet the Chinese have used "round eye" as an insult for White Americans

In response to their calling them “slant eyes.”

Why is it only white people

It’s not. It’s ignorant people in a dominant social group being willfull assholes. Are you an ignorant person in a dominant social group being a willful asshole? Then it doesn’t apply to you and you don’t need to worry.

Trump referring to COVID-19 as the Chinese virus is not only racist, it's ignorant. Why not refer to the virus by the actual medical term? No dignified president or educated person would do that. It's what ignorant assholes do.

As usually Trump is trying to project his faults on someone else by making ignorant people think the Chinese are bad people who somehow deliberately started this virus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/2020/03/20/299d8cda-6ad5-11ea-b5f1-a5a804158597_story.html

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.
The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.
Taken together, the reports and warnings painted an early picture of a virus that showed the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could require governments to take swift actions to contain it. But despite that constant flow of reporting, Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans. Lawmakers, too, did not grapple with the virus in earnest until this month, as officials scrambled to keep citizens in their homes and hospitals braced for a surge in patients suffering from covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

Public health experts have criticized China for being slow to respond to the coronavirus outbreak, which originated in Wuhan, and have said precious time was lost in the effort to slow the spread. At a White House briefing Friday, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said officials had been alerted to the initial reports of the virus by discussions that the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had with Chinese colleagues on Jan. 3.
The warnings from U.S. intelligence agencies increased in volume toward the end of January and into early February, said officials familiar with the reports. By then, a majority of the intelligence reporting included in daily briefing papers and digests from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the CIA was about covid-19, said officials who have read the reports.

Yes! China fucked up too, by trying to cover up the early cases of the virus, but Trump did the same thing despite numerous warnings. Now, he seems to be trying to blame his own faults on China. It's so typical of him to blame others while never, ever taking responsibility for his own shortcomings. An adult would take responsibility, but Trump acts more like a spoiled child who can't admit he's ever wrong.

As the first cases of infection were confirmed in the United States, Trump continued to insist that the risk to Americans was small.
“I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine,” he said on Feb. 10.
“We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it,” he said four days later. “It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”
On Feb. 25, Nancy Messonnier, a senior CDC official, sounded perhaps the most significant public alarm to that point, when she told reporters that the coronavirus was likely to spread within communities in the United States and that disruptions to daily life could be “severe.” Trump called Azar on his way back from a trip to India and complained that Messonnier was scaring the stock markets, according to two senior administration officials.

Now, due to Trump's nasty ignorance, some Americans of Chinese heritage are being treated badly. Trump sure knows how to get people to hate each other. And Trump's refusal to accept the evidence that the virus would cause a huge disruption here is partially responsible for the huge disruption that we are currently experiencing. He had plenty of time to act, but he chose to pretend that the virus was just a Chinese problem that the US didn't need to worry about.

Yep, Trump only started saying "Chinese virus" this past Monday after he realized he could no longer con his way out of his fuckups on this, so he needed a scapegoat diversion. For Trump, it's as much political tactic as it is racism. He'll gladly use racism if he thinks it will help him.

Are you really not intelligent enough to understand that no one using the term “slanted eyes” was using the term to refer to the literal shape of their eyes?

It’s not. It’s ignorant people in a dominant social group being willfull assholes. Are you an ignorant person in a dominant social group being a willful asshole? Then it doesn’t apply to you and you don’t need to worry.

I'm in a dominant social group? I told you whites are a minority race worldwide. Only 850 million people.

Ah so the Chinese are not racist against whites, they were only getting back at those evil whites for calling them slanted eyes?

Oh, c'mon!

It is only whites who get called racist. For example, it's pointed out that blacks sold other blacks as slaves to other blacks. *crickets* It's pointed out that Arabs sold blacks as slaves to other Arabs. *crickets*

Then it's pointed out that whites sold blacks as slaves to whites and it's "Whites are evil racist scum!!!"

I'm in a dominant social group? I told you whites are a minority race worldwide. Only 850 million people.

How fucking ignorant do you have to be to say whites aren't a dominant social group? If you believe that you are in a minority than you must also believe that whites are over represented in every fucking facet of human society. But then again, it has been established that you define racism as stuff only you find offensive, and the difference between casual racism and systemic racism is a bridge too fucking far you to comprehend.

How fucking ignorant do you have to be to say whites aren't a dominant social group? If you believe that you are in a minority than you must also believe that whites are over represented in every fucking facet of human society. But then again, it has been established that you define racism as stuff only you find offensive, and the difference between casual racism and systemic racism is a bridge too fucking far you to comprehend.

Look up worldwide statistics. Whites are 850 million people. This includes Arab whites and Latino whites as well. The number would be even lower if we didn't include them.

11.5% of the world's population is not a majority group.

"Systemic racism" is also a myth. Whenever someone is asked to give an example of "systemic racism" or point out a law on the U.S. books that says blacks or Asians or Indians don't have the same rights as whites, nobody can do it. They just claim, "It's there." It's pointed out that Indians do well for themselves in the U.s. with restaurants and 711's and gas stations. No white man keeping them down. It's pointed out Asians are very successful money wise in the U.S. They have a lot of high paying jobs in tech and have Chinese restaurants and Asian restaurants etc. No white man keeping them down. But, when we point out that blacks don't succeed at the same rate, people assume it's whites keeping them down, which is an basically saying white supremacy is true. Indians and Asians can succeed here. Yet, blacks can not? But, tons of blacks make millions in sports and, movies, and as rappers.

Myth. Pure myth. I don't believe evolution stopped at the neck. It continued with the brain.

Someone better tell my white friend who works at 711 that "systemic racism" is keeping him down in that job while LeBron James is a victim of systemic racism....

This is my fault. I should have known better.

I'm asking for facts. Not just buzzwords like "systemic racism" and "whi' pipo' are waycist!!!!"

Just sounds like an easy excuse for a poor black: "Why am I poor? Because of the white people!!!"

Then, who does a poor white person who lives in a trailer park blame for being poor?

This is my fault. I should have known better.

I'm asking for facts. Not just buzzwords like "systemic racism" and "whi' pipo' are waycist!!!!"

Just sounds like an easy excuse for a poor black: "Why am I poor? Because of the white people!!!"

Then, who does a poor white person who lives in a trailer park blame for being poor?

Republicans.

How is it racist? Remember when people said that calling Chinese people "slanted eyes" was racist even though it's a fact they have slanted eyes?

Yet the Chinese have used "round eye" as an insult for White Americans for the longest time and no one screams at the Chinese to stop their racism.

Why is it only white people that can be racist?

White people are also a minority race worldwide at 850 million people for 11.5% of the population. And leftists usually say that minority races can stick together and fight for survival....so.......

The Chinese are quite racist. That doesn't excuse our being racist, though. And the usual derogatory Chinese term for a white man is Gweilo which translates literally as "ghost man", although it can also be translated as "foreign devil". Back when there weren't so many white people in China my presence was often a point of interest--the term used was "laowai", literally "old foreign". 20 years ago if we got on a bus she would hear several "laowai" comments.

As usually Trump is trying to project his faults on someone else by making ignorant people think the Chinese are bad people who somehow deliberately started this virus.

Waaaahhhhhh cheatoh waaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Get a grip. Nobody said Chinese people are bad or this was deliberate. China is the origin and their government are culpable for this shit with their horrendous "wet markets." They need to pay for this mess and get their shit cleaned up.

Trump referring to COVID-19 as the Chinese virus is not only racist, it's ignorant. Why not refer to the virus by the actual medical term? No dignified president or educated person would do that. It's what ignorant assholes do.

Actually, we almost never refer to the virus by it's proper medical name.

Covid-19 is not the virus, it's the disease. The virus is SARS-Cov-2.

I'm in a dominant social group?

Yes.

I told you whites are a minority race worldwide.

No, they are not. There is no such thing as a "white" race. Or a "black" race. Or anything other than the human race.

Which means that you are arbitrarily segregating people of the same race into localized social groups according to objectively ignorant, randomly made up surface differences, like slightly different eye lids or the amount (or lack thereof) of melanin in their epidermis.

Ignorance is the only truly inferior trait, as it is something that is easily self-corrected by literally any human among us. No one can control the amount of melanin in their skin, nor should they ever need to. But ignorance is simply a primarily willful lack of knowledge or experience.

That anyone fails to self-correct their own ignorance--particularly in this day and age when it's a mouse click away and causes so much pointless harm for all involved--is deserving of shame and admonition.

So it's YOUR choice. Better yourself or be rightly shamed by the rest of society for not doing so. Entirely up to you. Always has been.

Back
Top Bottom