• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why do Christian zealots insist on lying?

No, I think you should take people at their word.

Not the case because you routinely pretend some atheists aren't really atheists merely because they have a conscience. The dishonesty continues to get stronger.

Not the case because you routinely pretend some atheists aren't really atheists merely because they have a conscience. The dishonesty continues to get stronger.

It is a weird comment considering all the secret atheists he finds hiding everywhere.

It is a weird comment considering all the secret atheists he finds hiding everywhere.

Yes it is a weird comment.
Me? Accusing self-professed atheists of not being real atheists?

Yes it is a weird comment.
Me? Accusing self-professed atheists of not being real atheists?

I was referring to all the pedophile priests and people in prison who lie about being Christians but are really just atheists.

Nope.
I was accused of saying "atheists aren't really atheists".

An atheist pretending to be a priest really IS an atheist.

Nope.

Except that none of those priests in question are atheists. The discussion about it was in reference to the pedophilia scandals and the people raping kids and the people covering up the rape of kids were all Christians.

Nope.

Except that none of those priests in question are atheists. The discussion about it was in reference to the pedophilia scandals and the people raping kids and the people covering up the rape of kids were all Christians.

If ten or twenty percent of the general population is atheist, I don't know why ten or twenty percent of the Priest population wouldn't also be.

You might argue that the proportion would be lower since theists would self-select for the priesthood. Or you might argue that the proportion would be higher since priests think about religion so much that they ought to realize it is bogus.

But I don't know how you come up with zero percent atheist priests.

Back
Top Bottom