• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why "we came out fine after Trump's first term so we'll come out fine with another term, there is no danger" is dangerously stupid

I caught a clip of the Joe Rogan interview where they were discussing UFOs and whether or not there's aliens visiting us. Trump said:

"Area 51 or whatever is...I think it's the number one tourist attraction in the whole country or something."

Um...this guy was President of the United States. Commander in Chief of the most powerful military on the planet. Privy to classified material that may never be revealed.

And he thinks a highly classified US Air Force facility in the depths of the Nevada desert is like Disneyland? Talk about dangerously stupid...
I was surprised Rogan did very little pushback on Trump. I thought Rogan was better than that. Apparently I was wrong.
Being charitable to Trump, I would assume he’s confusing Area 51 with Roswell, NM.

I caught a clip of the Joe Rogan interview where they were discussing UFOs and whether or not there's aliens visiting us. Trump said:

"Area 51 or whatever is...I think it's the number one tourist attraction in the whole country or something."

Um...this guy was President of the United States. Commander in Chief of the most powerful military on the planet. Privy to classified material that may never be revealed.

And he thinks a highly classified US Air Force facility in the depths of the Nevada desert is like Disneyland? Talk about dangerously stupid...
I was surprised Rogan did very little pushback on Trump. I thought Rogan was better than that. Apparently I was wrong.
Being charitable to Trump, I would assume he’s confusing Area 51 with Roswell, NM.
Possibly, but it's hardly the biggest tourist attraction in the country. I don't even think it's the biggest tourist attraction in New Mexico, and I lived in New Mexico!

There was enough non-compliance that I don't really think what he did or didn't do made much difference
One of us is delusional then, and I don’t think it’s me. Trump was the original, the loudest, the lyingest and most perpetual denyer of COVID’s virulence and lethality as well as the effectiveness and safety of vaccines and masks. He fucking CELEBRATED fucking “COVID parties”. He popularized anti-vax nonsense. He encouraged “non-compliance” and stupid behavior.

Worldwide he is likely responsible for many millions of deaths.

We did survive Trump 1.0 but we didn’t “come out fine”.
You misunderstand me.

Yes, he was a major denier. But he was speaking to a bunch of people who liked the message. I don't think more sensible behavior from him would have made a substantial difference in the outcome. It was already here before we even realized it and it doesn't take a lot of bad actors to spread it widely.

Well, it probably is the number one attraction in the county. Without the R. The UFO crowd likes to go watch the aliens. (There is no public vantage point that lets you see into the facility, but planes at night playing war games are way above the horizon. And a lot of their UFOs look very much like planes spitting out flares to spoof a heat seeker.)

Worldwide he is likely responsible for many millions of deaths.

We did survive Trump 1.0 but we didn’t “come out fine”.
You misunderstand me.

Yes, he was a major denier.
Not "a" major denier. THE major denier.
But he was speaking to a bunch of people who liked the message.
These are people who fucking DRANK BLEACH because he suggested it. They would have liked whatever message he told them to like.
If he had said vaccines were safe and you should get 'em if you can, N95 masks looked cool, ...
wait. Never mind. That's at least a few hundred thousand dead MAGAts who would otherwise be voting...
I don't think more sensible behavior from him would have made a substantial difference in the outcome.
It's a CULT, Loren. The members do what the Leader sez.
It was already here before we even realized it and it doesn't take a lot of bad actors to spread it widely.
I will concede one point; the US is real big and the populations are concentrated in and around metro areas. It's not New Zealand, though the differential in outcomes cannot be equalized on that basis. But it does take fewer bad actors to wreak far more mayhem in the US. Especially if they're THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Since Rogan is catering to a largely right-wing audience it was a little surprising there was any pushback.

He was all for promoting Ivermectin. One time he was pointing out something Biden said as proof of Biden's mental decline, hyping it up, until someone pointed out Biden was just quoting what Trump said to point out how crazy it was. Then Rogan changed his stance to Trump just misspoke.

Back
Top Bottom