• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Biden drop out? Who replaces him?

Publicly word is spreading Obama is now concerned. This appears to be a full blown intended escalation, started a bit low, then up the ladder, instead of making Obama look like a "kingmaker".

And as I continue to swing and miss on this election...

article (their emphasis said:
The data here opens a new front in the fight to replace Biden, strongly arguing that the best chance to defeat Trump is with a new Democratic nominee independent of the incumbent administration.

In other words: not Kamala Harris.

The strongest potential candidates are (in alphabetical order) Arizona Sen. MARK KELLY, Maryland Gov. WES MOORE, Pennsylvania Gov. JOSH SHAPIRO and Michigan Gov. GRETCHEN WHITMER. All four outpaced Biden “by roughly 5 points across battleground states.”
Kelly is running for re-election. I can't imagine the Dems would risk that seat. He'd be a perfect VP, but with his wife and what she went through, I'm not certain if he'd want to go through with that for himself and her. Whitmer keeps getting mentioned. I have a hard time thinking they'd put two governors on the ticket.

Finally, it looks like the messages are getting through to Biden. Reports are that he is now more open to listening to pleas for him to step aside. He was just diagnosed with Covid, and it is likely that he will just be facing more health issues if he continues at the pace that would be expected of a candidate for President.

Joe Biden reportedly more open to calls for him to step aside as candidate

It won't be anyone but Harris. It waa pulling enough teeth to drag them, way too late to be good for the party, that he might need to be replaced. They aren't going to go as far as snubbing his VP.

Finally, it looks like the messages are getting through to Biden. Reports are that he is now more open to listening to pleas for him to step aside. He was just diagnosed with Covid, and it is likely that he will just be facing more health issues if he continues at the pace that would be expected of a candidate for President.

Joe Biden reportedly more open to calls for him to step aside as candidate

hurtinbuckaroo hit on the head, I think.

I think that Covid is a more likely trigger for giving him second thoughts than some kind of plan to draw the spotlight off of Trump.

While possible, the timeline of those stepping up with concerns seems too deliberate.

There is a pre-packaged Democrat Prince in shining armor, waiting in the wings for his entrance, unsullied by the Republican defamation machine. When called by Central Casting, he will emerge fully formed on the world stage, ready to articulate all Trump’s weakness, corruption and stupidity with irresistible and devastating power, while concisely presenting a clear vision of a bright, beautiful, prosperous, attainable American future.

And will lose the electoral college by over 150 points.

While possible, the timeline of those stepping up with concerns seems too deliberate.

But you don't think that Biden arranged to catch Covid-19 at this point in time, do you? What is likely to happen now--at least, this is my hope--is that Biden will need to talk to his most important backers before announcing the public decision to step down. However, there is no guarantee that those asking him to step down will get their wish, especially if Biden's primary advocates try to get him to stay in.

There is a pre-packaged Democrat Prince in shining armor, waiting in the wings for his entrance, unsullied by the Republican defamation machine. When called by Central Casting, he will emerge fully formed on the world stage, ready to articulate all Trump’s weakness, corruption and stupidity with irresistible and devastating power, while concisely presenting a clear vision of a bright, beautiful, prosperous, attainable American future.

And will lose the electoral college by over 150 points.

If so, then Biden would likely lose the electoral college by even more. If he does step down, the electoral map will likely remain the same for a while. The worst thing that Democrats could do would be to replace Biden with some white guy. If they feel they need a white guy, then Harris can pick such a running mate. It could even be Biden himself, although I think that would be a bad idea. I don't think that Biden is fit to campaign at this point.

Back
Top Bottom