• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will there be war with Iran?

Trump is a chickenshit bully. He would not start a war with anyone. Even if the he ordered some action that might provoke a over-reaction from Iran, he is too chickenshit to stand up to what he did. Moreover, if Iran thinks the Biden administration will be more amenable to getting a nuclear deal, it would not risk it by doing something incredibly incendiary.

Maaaaan I think you are making a lot of unfounded assumptions about how Trump would act. It's not like he would be on the front lines of a War. Chickenshits starting wars isn't exactly an unprecedented phenomenon.

This

Starting another war, as a parting shot to all the dumbasses who didn't support him, is too Trumpish to ignore as a possibility.
Tom

Trump is a chickenshit bully. He would not start a war with anyone. Even if the he ordered some action that might provoke a over-reaction from Iran, he is too chickenshit to stand up to what he did. Moreover, if Iran thinks the Biden administration will be more amenable to getting a nuclear deal, it would not risk it by doing something incredibly incendiary.

Maaaaan I think you are making a lot of unfounded assumptions about how Trump would act. It's not like he would be on the front lines of a War. Chickenshits starting wars isn't exactly an unprecedented phenomenon.

This

Starting another war, as a parting shot to all the dumbasses who didn't support him, is too Trumpish to ignore as a possibility.
Tom
"Yes, sir, our 24-hour readiness commandos can be over the target site in (checks watch)...15 days. Does that work for you? No? Huh. Shucks."

This

Tom
"Yes, sir, our 24-hour readiness commandos can be over the target site in (checks watch)...15 days. Does that work for you? No? Huh. Shucks."

I sincerely hope that the patriots who run the military would ignore a blatant attempt to overthrow the election. But Trump has managed to Fire and Replace a bunch of the patriots who used to run the military.

Time will tell if he managed to completely undermine the U.S. government. About 2 weeks.
Tom

No, there will not be war with Iran this month. :)

Let's hope not, but I wish that you would at least wait until January 20 to make that prediction. Apparently, Nancy Pelosi has talked to generals about not letting Trump launch a nuclear war. I'm not sure that she and they have the authority to do anything about the danger, but it is nice that they are at least discussing what to do in case the guy chooses to take everyone down with him.

Let's hope not, but I wish that you would at least wait until January 20 to make that prediction. Apparently, Nancy Pelosi has talked to generals about not letting Trump launch a nuclear war. I'm not sure that she and they have the authority to do anything about the danger, but it is nice that they are at least discussing what to do in case the guy chooses to take everyone down with him.

That's a good question. If Trump were to successfully order nuking of Tehran and/or Iranian nuclear sites would Russia and China (literally) die on that hill by launching their nukes at us, knowing we can hit them back? I would think more likely they would seek a strongly worded UN resolution that would be vetoed in the Security Council and that's that.

That's a good question. If Trump were to successfully order nuking of Tehran and/or Iranian nuclear sites would Russia and China (literally) die on that hill by launching their nukes at us, knowing we can hit them back? I would think more likely they would seek a strongly worded UN resolution that would be vetoed in the Security Council and that's that.

They'd do a lot more than that, but a lot less than launching their nukes (and China doesn't even have enough of them for MAD). But then again, it will not happen (and on Jan-20, everyone here will know it won't happen, so not much point in pointing it out then).

Everyone?

It's not the 1980's anymore.

A US nuclear strike today would be horrific, but it wouldn't result in global thermonuclear war.

And after this month, Biden is far more likely to give Yemen to the Iranian theocracy without a fight than to actually start a war with the weird beards.

Biden Will Move Fast to End Yemen War, Congressman Says

I didn't pick you for a big fan of Saudi Arabia. ;)

In many, perhaps even most, wars, both sides are fucking awful cunts who shouldn't be allowed to run a lenonade stand.

Whoever 'wins' in Yemen, the victors will be weird beards that no sane person would back.

But peace would certainly be a better result than continued war. Particularly for the Yemeni in the street who likely couldn't care less about whether Riyadh or Tehran is host to the world's largest genitalia.

IMG_5548.JPG

(Image may not be actual Saudi or Iranian official).

It's not the 1980's anymore.

A US nuclear strike today would be horrific, but it wouldn't result in global thermonuclear war.

No kidding. You can't even find any 8" floppys any more :)

View attachment 31233

You can't even get a decent audio coupler to connect your computer, via your telephone handset, to unsecured military hardware.

I didn't pick you for a big fan of Saudi Arabia. ;)

Not a big fan of them, but they are an ally, and in this case our interests align with theirs.
Letting Iran control Yemen and thus have a presence on the Arabian Peninsula would be very bad for US interests and the world peace.

Whoever 'wins' in Yemen, the victors will be weird beards that no sane person would back.
But only one outcome leads to Iran expanding their already worrisome sphere of control. They already control Syria and Lebanon via Hezbollah.

But peace would certainly be a better result than continued war. Particularly for the Yemeni in the street who likely couldn't care less about whether Riyadh or Tehran is host to the world's largest genitalia.

Depends on the outcome. Peace though victory is far preferable to peace though defeat.

They'd do a lot more than that, but a lot less than launching their nukes (and China doesn't even have enough of them for MAD). But then again, it will not happen (and on Jan-20, everyone here will know it won't happen, so not much point in pointing it out then).

I just want to thank both of you guys for contributing your expertise and deep knowledge of what Russia and China would do, if we unleashed nuclear weapons on Iran. I feel so much better about it that I think maybe Donald should just go ahead and fire those nukes off before a weak-kneed, limp-wristed Joe Biden takes control and gives everything away to the Ayatollahs. I don't know what I was thinking to be afraid of obliterating hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children to show Iran that we mean business. That would surely make the rest of the world respect us ever so much more than they do now. Russia and China would be upset, but they are a lot less likely to act crazy over such a justifiable course of action.

I just want to thank both of you guys for contributing your expertise and deep knowledge of what Russia and China would do, if we unleashed nuclear weapons on Iran. I feel so much better about it that I think maybe Donald should just go ahead and fire those nukes off before a weak-kneed, limp-wristed Joe Biden takes control and gives everything away to the Ayatollahs. I don't know what I was thinking to be afraid of obliterating hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children to show Iran that we mean business. That would surely make the rest of the world respect us ever so much more than they do now. Russia and China would be upset, but they are a lot less likely to act crazy over such a justifiable course of action.
No, Trump should not fire those nukes against Tehran, because - if he tried and succeeded, which is pretty improbable at this stage -, he would be obliterating hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children, with no justification for his action. Obviously.
As for nuking Iranian nuclear sites, the death toll would be much less, but it's still easy to predict that the consequences would be far worse than those of not doing so.

That aside, I would like to ask why you would make such a comment, and why you would deploy sarcasm so out of place. Are you under the impression that I would actually be in favor of such an attack? If so, where did you get that idea? If not, why the comment?

I doubt anything will happen. Pelosi and Schumer have been talking to the military to make sure no general will follow foolish Trump orders in any way. Any such order, nuclear or less will be deemed and illegal order and not followed. And most certainly, not many people in the US military wants to do some action that will cause a war, big or small with Iran. In nine days, Trump is out of there and this problem of Trump unleashed goes away.

Will there be war with Iran?

I believe that The President has that on his schedule for Monday the 18th, pending the results of his war with the USA scheduled for the 17th.

We made it to safety. Joe Biden has said that he will try to renegotiate with Iran to get back on track with the agreement that Trump abandoned. Whether that is possible remains to be seen, but tensions in the Gulf will likely decrease now.

Back
Top Bottom