• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

With limited options in Democrat Party - Gabbard jumps ship

There were a couple of episodes of minutea. Like Germany and Japan landing some spies on American beaches.
I presume that those are the nits being picked here. I didn't care enough to ask.
Tom
Not really nit-picking.

Japan invaded an uninhabited island in the Aleutian chain in WWII.

I would not count spies as an invasion as they do not attempt to control territory.
What does invaded mean, in this context?

Sure looks like nit picking to me. "an inhabited island in the Aleutian chain"?
Back when Alaska wasn't a state?

Is that really what you mean by "invaded"?
I'm comparing it to Poland and France. Or Iraq. Then Ukraine.

Now you're using the word "invaded", as if an uninhabited Aleutian island is in any way comparable to Afghanistan?
Tom

Nobody's invaded the USA in a really long time.
Even Pearl Harbor wasn't in a U.S. state. Does that make our participating in WWII "warmongering"?
Seriously, does your response in that post make any sense?
Tom
We got invaded in WWII.
Alaska wasn't a state during WWII either.

Afaik, the last invasion of the USA was in the war of 1812.
1848, Mexican War. Mexico was all over our territory right before we owned it.
Yeah, but it was part of Mexico at the time they "invaded".
Bullshit, it was 100% preowned US territory. USA! USA!

Nobody's invaded the USA in a really long time.
Even Pearl Harbor wasn't in a U.S. state. Does that make our participating in WWII "warmongering"?
Seriously, does your response in that post make any sense?
Tom
We got invaded in WWII.
Alaska wasn't a state during WWII either.

Afaik, the last invasion of the USA was in the war of 1812.
Doesn't need to be a state to be part of the US. It was US soil, albeit uninhabited.
Too late; You already tacitly accepted that Hawaii didn't count, by your failure to object to its explicit exclusion. You cannot now try to include Alaska.

If you're going to count non-state US possessions, you can just declare that Japanese occupation of the Philippines was 'invading the United States'.
I didn't address the Hawaii bit because I don't recall the situation. Japan attacked Hawaii but I have no recollection of them actually invading.

I didn't address the Hawaii bit because I don't recall the situation. Japan attacked Hawaii but I have no recollection of them actually invading.

Feel free to explain why you posted
We got invaded in WWII.
That is the entirety of the post.
Personally, I don't think that the USA has ever been invaded.

Tom

We got invaded in WWII.

Tom
I don't think the English burned Washington DC in 1814 by chucking Molotov Cocktails from across the Canadian border.

We got invaded in WWII.

Tom
The ones I'm aware of:

1) The British burned the White House. Hard to do that without invading.

2) The Japanese invaded an uninhabited Alaskan island.

Our claimed borders have been breached by enemy ground forces on several occasions, most frequently in connection with the many occasions of political disagreement over the exact location of our southern and northern borders with Mexico and Canada respectively. There were also countless skirmishes with the indigenous nations of this continent, though whether one considers it "invasion" to find enemy troops on land you yourself recently invaded is a matter of perspective.

Checking in with Tulsi Gabbard who's having a normal one.

Back
Top Bottom