• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Woke is white arrogance

Odd that you agree with a poser that claims others are posers.
The truth of the matter is that you couldn't identify Yiannopolis as a fake who used 'culture war' crap to make himself more notable. So this failure really makes it hard to take your observations of other people very seriously.

The fact that Yiannopolis was a troll doesn't make him wrong.
You were just bitching about people ('the woke') taking a position just for the notability of it. I point out Milo did this for a career, and you derail from your original complaint about 'the woke'. (that Milo was clearly guilty of).. and provide him passive aggressive cover, noting he was a troll, Milo didn't believe what he said, just poked the establishment,... and you only agreed with him about 'the woke'... which is generally the only thing he ever went on about.

I think you're insistence that public intellectuals all need to have Aspberger traits and aren't allowed to troll is... well... a very aspie thing to say. Not saying you have Aspbergers. But it's the kind of thing aspies say.
I'm uncertain what Aspberger is. It can't possibly be anything to do with Asperger's Syndrome as that regards, in part, the inability of reading emotional cues from people one is discussing with. One doesn't have to have Asperger's Syndrome to be a decent human being.

Milo isn't George Carlin or Norm MacDonald. He wasn't cerebral, he was an asshole looking for clicks.

I read philosophy in the same way. All a philosopher needs to do is say ONE interesting and noteworthy thing in their whole careers. Everything else can be wrong. As long as that one thing is worthy of note they deserve their time in the sun.

Like this excellent quote:

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
/Kevin Alfred Strom

The fact that this is a quote by a neo-Nazi doesn't make it less poignant or relevant. It's ironic that it's said by a Nazi. But that's beside the point.
Yeah, but in general, Neo-Nazis aren't particularly quote-mine gold, so congrats on quoting a Neo-Nazi who raises a point that has been raised by many others who weren't Neo-Nazis.

Like this excellent quote:

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
/Kevin Alfred Strom

The fact that this is a quote by a neo-Nazi doesn't make it less poignant or relevant. It's ironic that it's said by a Nazi. But that's beside the point.
No truer words ever spoken.

And that it was spoken by a Nazi makes perfect sense to me. The Nazi's knew first hand.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm nut sure how that quote relates to this thread, though.
It is EXACTLY appropriate for this OP. If you are a white male person with the standard sex preference, WHO can you NOT criticize today????

It is EXACTLY appropriate for this OP. If you are a white male person with the standard sex preference, WHO can you NOT criticize today????
They can criticize whoever they want.

But typically it is kosher these days to criticize over actions, not identity. For instance, one can criticize Larry Elder for being a do nothing talker or Al Sharpton for being an opportunist or Donald Trump for being a psychopath or Ocasio-Cortez for overstepping experience at times or etc...

It isn't kosher to criticize Elder or Sharpton for being black or Trump for being white or Ocasio-Cortez for being a Hispanic Female with Will Power eyes.

According to some white male and female Anchors on Fox News, no one?

I think you're insistence that public intellectuals all need to have Aspberger traits and aren't allowed to troll is... well... a very aspie thing to say. Not saying you have Aspbergers. But it's the kind of thing aspies say.

"I'm not saying it's aliens. But, it's aliens."

Your above post is very bizarre to me. So please explain what you mean about Aspergers relation to trolling above, specifically how people who refrain from trolling are displaying Aspergers traits. As well as how you came to the conclusion that "public intellectuals all need to have Aspberger(sic) traits and aren't allowed to troll".

From: https://www.everydayhealth.com/aspergers/what-are-signs-symptoms-disorder/

Social Symptoms

One telltale sign of Asperger’s syndrome is having difficulty in social situations.

Common symptoms of Asperger’s that may impact social interaction or communication include:

Problems making or maintaining friendships
Isolation or minimal interaction in social situations
Poor eye contact or the tendency to stare at others
Trouble interpreting gestures
Inability to recognize humor, irony, and sarcasm
Inappropriate behaviors or odd mannerisms
Problems expressing empathy, controlling emotions, or communicating feelings
Lack of common sense
Tendency to engage in one-sided conversations (about oneself)
Fascination with certain topics
Interpretation of information as literal
The preference for a strict schedule or routine

That would NOT be trolling.

Really? Why don't we examine that list then:
Problems making or maintaining friendships - No one likes a troll, seems like at least as much of a trait possessed by trolls as those who refrain from trolling.
Isolation or minimal interaction in social situations - Due to the previous issue, trolls can find themselves socially isolated, and are often seen sniping from the sidelines in discussion which makes that interaction minimal. Another check for trolls as well as those who refrain from trolling.
Poor eye contact or the tendency to stare at others - A thing, and its opposite, I think we can safely discount this one as an indicator.
Trouble interpreting gestures - I don't see this trait being typically expressed by either side, so another miss.
Inability to recognize humor, irony, and sarcasm - Cuts both ways as well. Given that Milo is a conservative troll, and conservatives are notoriously bad at recognizing those things, in this case I think the troll comes closer to this than the non-troll. Of course not all trolls are conservative, and not all conservatives are trolls.
Inappropriate behaviors or odd mannerisms - Trolls often display inappropriate behavior, so this one leans more to the troll side.
Problems expressing empathy, controlling emotions, or communicating feelings - I have never seen a troll express empathy, so this one leans troll as well.
Lack of common sense - “Common sense is not so common.” - Voltaire
Tendency to engage in one-sided conversations (about oneself) - This does not seem to describe either side if I am reading it right.
Fascination with certain topics - Trolls do seem to fixate on certain topics, this one goes in their column as well.
Interpretation of information as literal - Typically trollish behavior, insisting that something is meant literally that is not.
The preference for a strict schedule or routine - Another trait that does not seem to be common to either side.

If anything, you have now convinced me that trolls are more likely to display traits of Asperger's. Thanks!

But typically it is kosher these days to criticize over actions, not identity. For instance, one can criticize Larry Elder for being a do nothing talker or Al Sharpton for being an opportunist or Donald Trump for being a psychopath or Ocasio-Cortez for overstepping experience at times or etc...

It isn't kosher to criticize Elder or Sharpton for being black or Trump for being white or Ocasio-Cortez for being a Hispanic Female with Will Power eyes.
There's also the element of hypocrisy. If you mansplain to an athlete that she needs to be tough enough to face Olympic-level pressure, you'd better hope that's forgotten by the time you have a fucking meltdown the next day at your match.

You tell me, you are the one insisting that the quote is relevant.

As a white male heterosexual, I am not aware of anyone I cannot criticize. Whether or not others will agree with my criticism is another matter entirely.

England is seeing this exact sort of thing with Ben Stokes (think Cricket equiv to Mark McGuire mix with Derek Jeter) who has stepped back from the India test series and might not be in the T20 World Cup and the Ashes for mental health issues. Piers Morgan is taking some crap in the media over it, as his comments weren't quick to judge or harsh as against Biles or Osaka (women).

You tell me, you are the one insisting that the quote is relevant.

As a white male heterosexual, I am not aware of anyone I cannot criticize. Whether or not others will agree with my criticism is another matter entirely.
I think they are complaining they can't slant their eyes and make disparaging 'wing, wong, joo, joo' sounds and not be looked at like the idiots they are acting like.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...er-memo-sues-for-discrimination-idUSKBN1EX22L

A former Google engineer fired after he asserted in a memo that biological causes were behind tech industry gender inequality

Yea, yea, yea...google is a private company so they can hire and fire anyone they want. Just the same as twatter and facebook can hire and fire like they want too....and censor everything they deem inappropriate as well. Its all good Jimmy.:censored:

A former Google engineer fired after he asserted in a memo that biological causes were behind tech industry gender inequality

Oh, NO!
One cannot be blatantly and dismissively sexist in order to defend sexist practices!

Which means you cannot criticize ...Equal Opportunity?

That means Equal Opportunity is in charge?

Seems like this would only be a problem for bigots.

Oh, NO!
One cannot be blatantly and dismissively sexist in order to defend sexist practices!

Which means you cannot criticize ...Equal Opportunity?

That means Equal Opportunity is in charge?

Seems like this would only be a problem for bigots.

449c74025c6a0384b146514b40f33db8.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...er-memo-sues-for-discrimination-idUSKBN1EX22L

Yeah, like I said, you need to actually address real people and their abilities, not broadbrush half the nation's population based merely on a chromosome.

What is the gender equality paradox?

Yea, yea, yea...google is a private company so they can hire and fire anyone they want. Just the same as twatter and facebook can hire and fire like they want too....and censor everything they deem inappropriate as well. Its all good Jimmy.:censored:

That is so embarrassing to read. Bruh, Yeah, You even admited that's how freedom works in this country but you still posted that garbage. It's a private company and as long as it doesn't violate any laws in the process they can fire whoever the hell they want when they want & for no reason at all. If I lost my job over an opinion I hold close to my heart I wouldn't give a damn. Actually, I'd be happy to know I'm no longer supporting an organization that's against what I stand for. Something tells me that google engineer will do just fine with finding another job. I was always able to find one even using Orlando's TRASH public transport system where everything is a 2hr bus ride.

Yeah, like I said, you need to actually address real people and their abilities, not broadbrush half the nation's population based merely on a chromosome.
This also reminds me of a quote, not from a Nazi, but I still think it is viable:

"If you want to stay employed, don't write a manifesto!"

"I'm not saying it's aliens. But, it's aliens."

Your above post is very bizarre to me. So please explain what you mean about Aspergers relation to trolling above, specifically how people who refrain from trolling are displaying Aspergers traits. As well as how you came to the conclusion that "public intellectuals all need to have Aspberger(sic) traits and aren't allowed to troll".

Somebody can be dishonest but still say something of value. The fact that Yiannopolis was a troll doesn't retract from what he said. His statements can be separated from the person and still stand on its own.

Aspies have a tendency to take everything literally. They also have a tendency to take everything to its logical conclusion. And they focus more on the meaning of what is said rather than how it is said.

What a surprise that you defend Google in this case. I think he did address real people and their abilitys. His article was well written and thoughtful. I don't think he was fired for the article. But for Wokes, who hadn't read it, but only heard about it getting upset.

No need to worry about the scourge of "wokeness"

A good patriotic re-education ought to clean that nonsense up.

Because what good is education if it's not "patriotic" first and foremost.

Pated.jpg

Back
Top Bottom