• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Woke is white arrogance

I think you're insistence that public intellectuals all need to have Aspberger traits and aren't allowed to troll is... well... a very aspie thing to say. Not saying you have Aspbergers. But it's the kind of thing aspies say.

"I'm not saying it's aliens. But, it's aliens."

Your above post is very bizarre to me. So please explain what you mean about Aspergers relation to trolling above, specifically how people who refrain from trolling are displaying Aspergers traits. As well as how you came to the conclusion that "public intellectuals all need to have Aspberger(sic) traits and aren't allowed to troll".

Somebody can be dishonest but still say something of value.

Agreed.

The fact that Yiannopolis was a troll doesn't retract from what he said. His statements can be separated from the person and still stand on its own.

They can be separated, certainly, but the troll goes out of his way to try to make sure that they are not.

Aspies have a tendency to take everything literally. They also have a tendency to take everything to its logical conclusion. And they focus more on the meaning of what is said rather than how it is said.

So what? Trolls do all of those things, as do people who are not trolls. You have told us absolutely nothing of value with this discussion of Asperger's traits.

Yeah, like I said, you need to actually address real people and their abilities, not broadbrush half the nation's population based merely on a chromosome.
What a surprise that you defend Google in this case.

]I think he did address real people and their abilitys. His article was well written and thoughtful.
I'm sure his grammar was impeccable. And his links to Wikipedia unimpeachable.
I don't think he was fired for the article.
He was fired because unsolicited manifestos are a "red flag" in the workplace, and a manifesto like this wasn't particularly good for workplace morale. He felt that the true victims were conservatives that needed more acceptance in the culture of Google and that attempts to level playing fields among the genders in the Google workforce were doomed because genetics.

Yeah... you ain't walking that back.

How is that a flip when I made no claim to the contrary?

It's my complaint about the one-sidedness of the entire enchilada. I'm currently very dissatisfied with the treatment of women in developed nations, let alone in developing and distressed nations. In a discussion about racial dynamics in the US, everybody has an opinion, and most people want to fix things. Nobody seems to give a flying fuck about women though.

So I'm prickly.

And apparently unaware that many Blacks are, in fact, women?

The problems being discussed with respect to racial issues are completely separate and distinct from the problems with respect to sex. None of the things being argued for/against when it comes to racial disparity is going to result in lower rates of sexual assault, rape, domestic violence, sexism, misogyny, objectification, sex trafficking, female genital mutilation, sex-selective abortion, or any of the other many issues that plague women - not just in the US but across the entire globe.

The observation that some women are black doesn't alter the overarching fact that they are women.

The problems being discussed with respect to racial issues are completely separate and distinct from the problems with respect to sex. None of the things being argued for/against when it comes to racial disparity is going to result in lower rates of sexual assault, rape, domestic violence, sexism, misogyny, objectification, sex trafficking, female genital mutilation, sex-selective abortion, or any of the other many issues that plague women - not just in the US but across the entire globe.

The observation that some women are black doesn't alter the overarching fact that they are women.

So black women could vote in the South when women won the right to vote when Billie Jean King defeated Bobby Riggs?

Reactions: WAB
He was fired because unsolicited manifestos are a "red flag" in the workplace, and a manifesto like this wasn't particularly good for workplace morale. He felt that the true victims were conservatives that needed more acceptance in the culture of Google and that attempts to level playing fields among the genders in the Google workforce were doomed because genetics.

I've heard interviews with him. It wasn't a maniphesto. It was an internal memo, not intended for general circulation. It was about their recruiting policies and how they weren't conducive to attracting the best people. Something which is entirely appropriate considering what his job was. The IT industry is all about attracting good people. Since there's perpetually such an extreme shortage of staff. IT companies can't afford to waste energy on nonsense.

No need to worry about the scourge of "wokeness"

A good patriotic re-education ought to clean that nonsense up.

Because what good is education if it's not "patriotic" first and foremost.

View attachment 35312

The other side being idiotic doesn't make our side smart. It's rather the opposite. The smarter our enemies the smarter we need to become. The dumber they become, the dumber we are likely to become.

So black women could vote in the South when women won the right to vote when Billie Jean King defeated Bobby Riggs?

This discussion is not about women but about the woke but I'll add, that men getting their shit together as well as keeping other men in check is a big boon for women.

Edit: Being that men are their main problem and all.

I've heard interviews with him. It wasn't a maniphesto. It was an internal memo, not intended for general circulation. It was about their recruiting policies and how they weren't conducive to attracting the best people. Something which is entirely appropriate considering what his job was. The IT industry is all about attracting good people. Since there's perpetually such an extreme shortage of staff. IT companies can't afford to waste energy on nonsense.

That wasn't even what got him fired. Read the original link posted by RVonse, a Rueters article that is tellingly titled "A former Google engineer fired after he asserted in a memo that biological causes were behind tech industry gender inequality". Note the very precise use of the word "after", not "because of". Reading the article itself, we find that Damore was actually fired for a confrontation with a Muslim coworker in an internal Google forum where he apparently accused that co-worker of being a terrorist, or at least insinuated that was the case. Exactly what was said seems to be in dispute, but I am sure Google has the logs of that interaction. Given that the lawsuit was dismissed by request of Damore and his co-litigants, it seems we will never know for sure.

That wasn't even what got him fired. Read the original link posted by RVonse, a Rueters article that is tellingly titled "A former Google engineer fired after he asserted in a memo that biological causes were behind tech industry gender inequality". Note the very precise use of the word "after", not "because of". Reading the article itself, we find that Damore was actually fired for a confrontation with a Muslim coworker in an internal Google forum where he apparently accused that co-worker of being a terrorist, or at least insinuated that was the case. Exactly what was said seems to be in dispute, but I am sure Google has the logs of that interaction. Given that the lawsuit was dismissed by request of Damore and his co-litigants, it seems we will never know for sure.

I think you got that a bit confused. Internet tells me that the Google employee fired for insinuating that a Muslim co-worker is a terrorist is called David Gudeman. His name is on the Damare lawsuit because he and Damore shared a lawyer and made a joint lawsuit. But they're different firings.

James Damore literally has autism. He's not going to be able to navigate the social politics game of a company. As far as I'm concerned people who think that women and men are psychologically the same are either wrong, or they're joining in on a lie because they think it serves them. For political reasons. This is exactly the kinds of things that autistic people can't do. Or at least struggle with. When there's a cognitive dissonance autists speak up. Autists built silicon valley. I'm sure that the computer you are writing on right now is to a large extent designed and built by autists. Creating company policies that punish autists for being autists is idiotic and directly damages the future of computer technology.

That manifesto doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Well, the context is that Google is woke to the point where Damore worried that it was damaging Google. So the memo was, very much, needed. If Google wasn't on a crusade to burn the patriarchy at the stake, I'm pretty sure Damore wouldn't have bothered.

James Damore literally has autism.
And the term "autism" is literally useless as it is in reference to an extraordinary wide spectrum of disorders.
He's not going to be able to navigate the social politics game of a company. As far as I'm concerned people who think that women and men are psychologically the same are either wrong, or they're joining in on a lie because they think it serves them. For political reasons. This is exactly the kinds of things that autistic people can't do. Or at least struggle with. When there's a cognitive dissonance autists speak up. Autists built silicon valley. I'm sure that the computer you are writing on right now is to a large extent designed and built by autists. Creating company policies that punish autists for being autists is idiotic and directly damages the future of computer technology.
And his discrimination suit went where exactly?

Well, the context is that Google is woke to the point where Damore worried that it was damaging Google. So the memo was, very much, needed. If Google wasn't on a crusade to burn the patriarchy at the stake, I'm pretty sure Damore wouldn't have bothered.
The 28 year old? I realize that people are younger at tech places, but in general, the 20 year olds don't tell management in a ten page manifesto what is viable and unviable hiring practices. Yes, 20 year olds think they know everything, but usually they just blurt their wisdom among colleagues.

I think you got that a bit confused. Internet tells me that the Google employee fired for insinuating that a Muslim co-worker is a terrorist is called David Gudeman. His name is on the Damare lawsuit because he and Damore shared a lawyer and made a joint lawsuit. But they're different firings.

Ah yes, you are correct, my apologies for having mixed up the two.

James Damore literally has autism. He's not going to be able to navigate the social politics game of a company. As far as I'm concerned people who think that women and men are psychologically the same are either wrong, or they're joining in on a lie because they think it serves them. For political reasons. This is exactly the kinds of things that autistic people can't do. Or at least struggle with. When there's a cognitive dissonance autists speak up. Autists built silicon valley. I'm sure that the computer you are writing on right now is to a large extent designed and built by autists. Creating company policies that punish autists for being autists is idiotic and directly damages the future of computer technology.

I feel compelled to point out that he was not punished for being on the autism spectrum, but rather for the things he did as an employee. It doesn't matter if it was only words written in an internal memo, that memo is read by other employees, and if a company does not like what those words say, they are free to fire the author of those words as long as they do not run afoul of discrimination laws. Perhaps the better thing for Damore to have done would have been to file a lawsuit claiming discrimination against his disability, if it truly was his disability that caused him to write those words. Playing the "fired because I am a conservative" angle did not help his case as ones political beliefs do not place one in a protected class.

The same Google that farts (aka Grossed) roughly 100 billion dollars a year and pays about 5 billion in Taxes out of that? I'd fire him for incompetence alone.

James Damore literally has autism.
And the term "autism" is literally useless as it is in reference to an extraordinary wide spectrum of disorders.

I don't think it's useless. I think it's explains a lot about this case.

He's not going to be able to navigate the social politics game of a company. As far as I'm concerned people who think that women and men are psychologically the same are either wrong, or they're joining in on a lie because they think it serves them. For political reasons. This is exactly the kinds of things that autistic people can't do. Or at least struggle with. When there's a cognitive dissonance autists speak up. Autists built silicon valley. I'm sure that the computer you are writing on right now is to a large extent designed and built by autists. Creating company policies that punish autists for being autists is idiotic and directly damages the future of computer technology.
And his discrimination suit went where exactly?

The fact that he withdrew it doesn't mean that him getting fired was the right thing to do. It doesn't prove him wrong. A court of law doesn't decide what is morally right or wrong. That's not the kind of institution it is.

He shouldn't have had to write the memo to begin with. It was necessary, just to show how far the woke rot has gone. I salute him for his bravery. We have a lot to be grateful to autists about.

The same Google that farts (aka Grossed) roughly 100 billion dollars a year and pays about 5 billion in Taxes out of that? I'd fire him for incompetence alone.

They're not making that kind of money by hiring incompetent staff. I'd just like to point out that China is right now doing everything right. It's not the time nor place to get lazy and waste money on frivolousness because we're so rich. That's the attitude of somebody soon to be poor. If we ignore reality for an ideological crusade we'll fuck over the West the same way Mao fucked over China.

The 28 year old? I realize that people are younger at tech places, but in general, the 20 year olds don't tell management in a ten page manifesto what is viable and unviable hiring practices. Yes, 20 year olds think they know everything, but usually they just blurt their wisdom among colleagues.

A 28 year old is a mature adult. Often with better ideas than old fossils like myself.

Also... at Google. The creme-de-la-creme of intelligent people on Earth. They get to pick and chose whoever they want to work there. Getting a job at Google at 28 is a big deal. He's got to be extremely intelligent. Everybody I've ever had the pleasure to work with who used to work for Google, rapidly make it apparent why they used to work there.

A 28 year old is a mature adult. Often with better ideas than old fossils like myself.
Do you work for a living? 28 year olds are 5 to 7 years post college. This is when they transition from n00bs to intermediates, but usually not management.

Also... at Google. The creme-de-la-creme of intelligent people on Earth. They get to pick and chose whoever they want to work there.
Oh, they do now?

They're not making that kind of money by hiring incompetent staff. I'd just like to point out that China is right now doing everything right. It's not the time nor place to get lazy and waste money on frivolousness because we're so rich. That's the attitude of somebody soon to be poor. If we ignore reality for an ideological crusade we'll fuck over the West the same way Mao fucked over China.

72 words with more branches than Thimmamma Marrimanu.

1) A dying ideology is of no help to google
2) Mao's Finacial policies and Google's are like oil and water; they don't mix.
3) Google has wasted a lot of money on trash projects. Yup, those are actual attempts to find the next big thing. A sign of not being lazy.
4) A woke conservative was fired for being an idiot

Please don't grow another Thimmamma Marrimanu, K? thx bye.

Back
Top Bottom