• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Woman Photographed Flipping Off Trump Fired By Employer

It doesn't matter what she was wearing, she's a moron. But she should not have lost her job over it.

What she was wearing is the ONLY thing relevant here. What planet are you from? She has the freedom to express herself, but her company also has the freedom to protect their reputation by limiting the speech of those that so much as APPEAR to represent them. That is why companies usually have a social media policy... to enforce their rights.
Remember, all of your rights end where everyone else's rights begin.

Yup. Workplace 101: Don't embarrass the boss or the company publicly!

What she was wearing is the ONLY thing relevant here. What planet are you from? She has the freedom to express herself, but her company also has the freedom to protect their reputation by limiting the speech of those that so much as APPEAR to represent them. That is why companies usually have a social media policy... to enforce their rights.

Until the company fired her, only her friends knew who the person in the photo worked for. Now millions of people know. Per Workplace 101, they should fire the idiot(s) who fired her, since they’re the ones who did the embarrassing.

Loren is correct in saying a company can fire you if they believe your behavior reflects negatively on themselves.

I might have done the same thing, however. But should the opportunity ever arise I think I'll just display a thumbs down instead.

Loren is correct in saying a company can fire you if they believe your behavior reflects negatively on themselves.

A company is just people.

And the idea that any people can punish you for legal behavior on your fee time is despicable.

It shows we have not moved far from masters and slaves.

And the idea that any people can punish you for legal behavior on your fee time is despicable.

Wearing company tee shirts is more humane than cattle branding or tattoo stamping :)

Wearing company tee shirts is more humane than cattle branding or tattoo stamping :)

She wasnt wearing a company t-shirt.

Wanting to control people when they are away from work and on their own time is a sickness.

A disease. A mental illness.

Having economic arrangements devised by the mentally ill is insanity.

A society will pay for doing it.

Yeah, for telling her employer about the photo.

Her behavior is that of a moron. But it's still a bit harsh they fired her.
WHAT behavior was moronic? Flipping the motorcade? I would be compelled to do the same. Posting it on her FB when there is NO REFERENCE to her company? Again, her business.

The only MORONs in this scenario is her company for firing her and letting the WORLD KNOW where she worked and that they are assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, NO ONE would have known if not for them firing her. IDIOTS

It she wasn't then I'm wrong.

Yes, you're wrong. Her t-shirt was not a company t-shirt.

Company logo was posted twice. Her t-shirt was posted more than twice. They are different images.

whichphilosophy said:
A company tee shirt is a form of branding though.

That branding is different than the branding on her shirt.

Also, I will add that her own personal branding on her social media accounts is the branding of her personal nature and characteristics about her as an individual.

Let's suppose the t-shirt she wore was a Nike shirt with a Nike logo. Her laudable behavior says nothing about Nike--that we ought to praise Nike for being righteous rebels or something.

Why are people still saying this?

It's been debunked twice in the thread.

I don't know that it is entirely fair to characterize whichphilosophy as 'people'.

I think it is entirely fair and accurate, as wp does seem to be 'people', and has in fact been referred to on this forum as "the whichphilosophy collective". At this point it seems that the people comprising the wp collective are not just living in different places with slightly different remembrances, and slightly different authoritarian tendencies, but now also existing in different time periods. The current emergent collective persona appears to be living about one week in the past.

Back
Top Bottom