• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WOW... Michael Moore is all in for Trump

It is a lot more than the contribution from any US politician.

Nader is a great and honorable man.

Those that speak against him are idiots.

My biggest problem with Nader is that he's a selfish prim adonna. He had a personal and petty grudge against Gore and then he used it to help Bush. This resulted in hurting all the programs that Nader believed in (the environment, EPA, and etc.) Below is a good article that discusses Nader's pettiness:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/ralph-nader-suicide-bomber-6407516

Sanders also had a dislike of Hillary. Both Sanders and Nader are only people. Everyone has petty dislikes and hurt feelings. The difference is that Sanders is willing to put that aside in order to help the causes that he believes in.

The primary difference is that Nader believes it is important to build a third party. Sanders doesn't believe a third party can work currently for Presidential elections.

- - - Updated - - -

Relative to whom? Do you not know Nader's history as a consumer advocate?

I'll bet that most of his victories in the consumer advocate award were reversed by Bush. (But I don't know for sure).

Can you give some examples?

My biggest problem with Nader is that he's a selfish prim adonna. He had a personal and petty grudge against Gore and then he used it to help Bush. This resulted in hurting all the programs that Nader believed in (the environment, EPA, and etc.) Below is a good article that discusses Nader's pettiness:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/ralph-nader-suicide-bomber-6407516

Sanders also had a dislike of Hillary. Both Sanders and Nader are only people. Everyone has petty dislikes and hurt feelings. The difference is that Sanders is willing to put that aside in order to help the causes that he believes in.

The primary difference is that Nader believes it is important to build a third party. Sanders doesn't believe a third party can work currently for Presidential elections.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll bet that most of his victories in the consumer advocate award were reversed by Bush. (But I don't know for sure).

Can you give some examples?

There are gizzillions of examples:
http://www.well.com/~sunbear/crimes.html

Bush was awful regarding the environment.

If Nader is responsible for creating all things that Bush then undid, then the Democrats never created a good thing. I find that hard to believe.

If Nader is responsible for creating all things that Bush then undid, then the Democrats never created a good thing. I find that hard to believe.

Well, that's not the case.
Wiki:
"Nader led a group of volunteer law students - dubbed "Nader's Raiders" - in a groundbreaking investigation of the Federal Trade Commission, leading directly to that agency's overhaul and reform. In the 1970s, Nader leveraged his growing popularity to establish a number of advocacy and watchdog groups including the Public Interest Research Group, the Center for Auto Safety, and Public Citizen.

A two-time Nieman Fellow, Nader's activism has been directly credited with the passage of several landmark pieces of American consumer protection legislation including the Clean Water Act, the Freedom of Information Act, the Consumer Product Safety Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Whistleblower Protection Act, and the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, and he has been repeatedly named to lists of the "100 Most Influential Americans", including those published by Life Magazine, Time Magazine, and The Atlantic, among others."​

You are right; his contribution to making the world safer is, indeed, immeasurably little.

Of course I don't. He may be world famous in America, but the other 95% of the world have only heard of him in the context of his assistance in GW's victory over Gore.

What small influence he has had in the USA, divided by 20, is the influence he has had on the world. As I said, immeasurably little.

Well, that's not the case.
Wiki:
"Nader led a group of volunteer law students - dubbed "Nader's Raiders" - in a groundbreaking investigation of the Federal Trade Commission, leading directly to that agency's overhaul and reform. In the 1970s, Nader leveraged his growing popularity to establish a number of advocacy and watchdog groups including the Public Interest Research Group, the Center for Auto Safety, and Public Citizen.

A two-time Nieman Fellow, Nader's activism has been directly credited with the passage of several landmark pieces of American consumer protection legislation including the Clean Water Act, the Freedom of Information Act, the Consumer Product Safety Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Whistleblower Protection Act, and the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, and he has been repeatedly named to lists of the "100 Most Influential Americans", including those published by Life Magazine, Time Magazine, and The Atlantic, among others."​

One thing you won't find.

Nader started some enterprise in search of profit.

Of course I don't. He may be world famous in America, but the other 95% of the world have only heard of him in the context of his assistance in GW's victory over Gore.

What small influence he has had in the USA, divided by 20, is the influence he has had on the world. As I said, immeasurably little.

Look at the post above you. Both the Freedom of Information Act and the Whistleblower Protection Act go beyond the United States since these have been invoked in regard to corruption in wartime and/or war decisions and will remain around in such instances. On the other hand, maybe these laws won't be enough to stop us from eventually occupying your country so maybe you're right.

Look at the post above you. Both the Freedom of Information Act and the Whistleblower Protection Act go beyond the United States since these have been invoked in regard to corruption in wartime and/or war decisions and will remain around in such instances. On the other hand, maybe these laws won't be enough to stop us from eventually occupying your country so maybe you're right.

What do you mean, 'eventually'? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Gap

Back
Top Bottom