• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WOW... Michael Moore is all in for Trump

Even if you're in a "safe" state for Clinton, I'd urge you to vote for her just to run up the numbers. Trump is going to whine and cry when he loses, and his supporters will be all butt-hurt and ready to call it rigged unless it's a true blowout. I, like your son (I could probably be your father), was avidly supporting Bernie's run and have little love for the Clintons. But someone is going to appoint justices to the SCOTUS, and I know what kind of company Cheeto-face keeps.

The last thing you need is Hillary thinking she has a crystal clear and fully supported mandate to do whatever she wants. The last thing you want to tell her is that you want her to be President, rather than you are making her President because the other choice is worse. Remember, this is Hillary Clinton, corporate big money insider stooge.

Even if you're in a "safe" state for Clinton, I'd urge you to vote for her just to run up the numbers. Trump is going to whine and cry when he loses, and his supporters will be all butt-hurt and ready to call it rigged unless it's a true blowout. I, like your son (I could probably be your father), was avidly supporting Bernie's run and have little love for the Clintons. But someone is going to appoint justices to the SCOTUS, and I know what kind of company Cheeto-face keeps.

The last thing you need is Hillary thinking she has a crystal clear and fully supported mandate to do whatever she wants. The last thing you want to tell her is that you want her to be President, rather than you are making her President because the other choice is worse. Remember, this is Hillary Clinton, corporate big money insider stooge.

I'd fully agree except for one thing - Trump.
I really really REALLY don't want to see cities burning because the election was only won by 2-4% and he's running around yelling "RIGGED!".
OTOH, maybe a 12% victory would simply cause him to claim that it was SuperHyperMega-Rigged - and the trumpsuckers might well believe him.

No, the main thing the US should want is Clinton thinking that she has a crystal clear and fully supported mandate. This is because a victory large enough to have her think that would also give her the House and Senate and she'd be negotiating with Sanders and Warren to enact that mandate as opposed to negotiating with Ryan and McConnell to do it.

Clinton wants to be effective and get things done and she doesn't give any more of a shit about the corporate, big money insiders than she does about the powerless little guys. If she needs to fuck over her big money donors instead of fucking over the helpless innocents to get some accomplishments, she'll do that.

Your concern trolling is duly noted, Trumpsucker.

I am still rooting for Trump. Go Trump Go. I want him to win that election and burn the whole system and maybe nation to the ground. Wooo wah!

And that's not how a mandate works. Presidents only get mandates, if any, to do what they noticeably ran on. At least that's how they're supposed to work; Republicans violated that norm with Obama, refusing to support anything he put forward. Clinton ran on a very liberal platform, and it's only ignorant self-destruction for any liberal to either try to stop her from winning or to want to minimize her victory if she wins.

It doesn't matter by what margin Clinton wins, 10s of millions of Trump voters are going to be pissed. And most of them are armed. Jessayin'

Bring 'em on. Once the dust settles, the ones who use guns will end up dead or in jail sans voting rights.

Again, even if she wins and the Dems retake the Senate, in 2 years we have off year elections, The GOP only has 8 Senate seats up for re-election, the Democrats have 25, and some are in red states.
To block court appointments, which is already something the GOP supporters are suggesting, plus general obstructionism will be a goal for many Republicans. So even if Hillary wins and the Senate flips, its only a 2 year respite. The GOP will hope they can oust Clinton in 4 years. Firing up the GOP base will be easy with these goals in mind.

So, if you dislike the GOP far right, what will you be doing after November 8?

Clinton wants to be effective and get things done and she doesn't give any more of a shit about the corporate, big money insiders than she does about the powerless little guys. If she needs to fuck over her big money donors instead of fucking over the helpless innocents to get some accomplishments, she'll do that.
Suuuuure she will.........

I remember when Moore fully supported Nader. I remember when Moore and Bill Maher got on their knees and begged Nader to not run.

Moore is good at pointing out societal ills.

His opinions on politics are not worth much.

Moore used to work for Nader's campaign. Back then, he wanted Nader to do pretty much what Bernie has now done. To use his voters to move the Democratic platform. That suggestion got him fired.

Moore used to work for Nader's campaign. Back then, he wanted Nader to do pretty much what Bernie has now done. To use his voters to move the Democratic platform. That suggestion got him fired.

Yea, I predict that as time goes forward, that Nader's reputation will continue to fade; while Bernie's will go up. Bernie wants a better country and future. Nader's only concern was himself.

Yea, I predict that as time goes forward, that Nader's reputation will continue to fade; while Bernie's will go up. Bernie wants a better country and future. Nader's only concern was himself.

Utter nonsense.

Nader's reputation will only fade in the minds of people very ignorant of the work he has done in his lifetime.

Nader is one of the greatest American's of this or any generation.

He has selflessly fought against corporate malfeasance and harm and made the world a little safer.

Utter nonsense.

Nader's reputation will only fade in the minds of people very ignorant of the work he has done in his lifetime.

He has selflessly fought against corporate malfeasance and harm and made the world a little safer.

You are right; his contribution to making the world safer is, indeed, immeasurably little.

Utter nonsense.

You are right; his contribution to making the world safer is, indeed, immeasurably little.

It is a lot more than the contribution from any US politician.

Nader is a great and honorable man.

Those that speak against him are idiots.

My biggest problem with Nader is that he's a selfish prim adonna. He had a personal and petty grudge against Gore and then he used it to help Bush. This resulted in hurting all the programs that Nader believed in (the environment, EPA, and etc.) Below is a good article that discusses Nader's pettiness:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/ralph-nader-suicide-bomber-6407516

Sanders also had a dislike of Hillary. Both Sanders and Nader are only people. Everyone has petty dislikes and hurt feelings. The difference is that Sanders is willing to put that aside in order to help the causes that he believes in.

My biggest problem with Nader is that he's a selfish prim adonna. He had a personal and petty grudge against Gore and then he used it to help Bush. This resulted in hurting all the programs that Nader believed in (the environment, EPA, and etc.) Below is a good article that discusses Nader's pettiness:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/ralph-nader-suicide-bomber-6407516

Sanders also had a dislike of Hillary. Both Sanders and Nader are only people. Everyone has petty dislikes and hurt feelings. The difference is that Sanders is willing to put that aside in order to help the causes that he believes in.

Nader was a presidential candidate. The exact same thing Gore was.

A much better candidate than Gore.

His job was not to get Gore elected. That was Gore's job.

To condemn Nader because Gore was a poor candidate is insanity.

Back
Top Bottom