• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WSJ op-ed: the future of religion is bleak

Really? Isn't wooishness passed through mitochondrial DNA?

It's passed through mythochondria, which is an atheist delicacy. Delicious with kitten.
I knew God killed a kitten every time I masturbated. I didn't know atheists ate them.

I sure as hell don't know how there are any starving atheists. The math doesn't add up.

It's passed through mythochondria, which is an atheist delicacy. Delicious with kitten.
I knew God killed a kitten every time I masturbated. I didn't know atheists ate them.

I sure as hell don't know how there are any starving atheists. The math doesn't add up.

We atheists only eat babies and kittens, and we say "Praise Dawkins!" three times before every meal. Didn't they explain this to you in church?

We atheists only eat babies and kittens, and we say "Praise Dawkins!" three times before every meal. Didn't they explain this to you in church?

Infidel! You might praise Dawkins, but I praise the true prophet, Brother Sagan.

Infidel! You might praise Dawkins, but I praise the true prophet, Brother Sagan.

Do we need to fight like this? Rather than quarrelling with each other, can't we all just come together as brothers and laugh at the Scientologists?

In fidel, when you praise the mighty brother  Nagas, they will spit and become a droopy skinwad unless they want more praise.

In fidel, when you praise the mighty brother  Nagas, they will spit and become a droopy skinwad unless they want more praise.

OOOH, I like serpent deities. :) But that description sounds more like Yahweh. He's a droopy skinwad all right, demanding praise and whining and smiting if he doesn't get it.

The article's conclusion sums up the answer to that question quite nicely:

What is particularly corrosive to religion isn't just the newly available information that can be unearthed by the curious, but the ambient knowledge that is shared by the general populace.

Information + Knowledge: The kryptonite of religion.

Syed has been exposed to information and knowledge for many years on these forums. Sadly, it has not worked in his case.

My cat takes a nap on my lap in front of the TV with me almost every night now for the past several years. He has been exposed to hundreds of hours of documentaries. Alas, I do not think he has picked up any new information.. and continues to periodically lick his butt and still believes the vacuum cleaner is Satan.

What the hell is 8:80am? Can this atheist try and wake up a bit earlier and learn to fucking type? :mad:

OOOH, I like serpent deities. :) But that description sounds more like Yahweh. He's a droopy skinwad all right, demanding praise and whining and smiting if he doesn't get it.
Wow. Yhwh is such a dick.

Does anyone else find it a bit suspicious that SMBC cartoons almost always have something to do with stuff we just mentioned here?

Back
Top Bottom