• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yarn Crafts and Arts!

My headphone earpiece covers finally fell apart. I know you can buy them cheap just about everywhere, but I wanted replacements right now, so I made some. They are comfortable cotton, washable, cute, and way sturdier than the foam replacements.

20180228_182759[1558].jpg

Next two projects lined up. I'm new at all the crafts I'm using here: amigurumi, beading, and embroidery. No idea how they'll turn out. Using all scraps or freebies except for the yarn used to make the blue doll, which was $1.

20180312_173734[2155].jpg 20180312_174141[2154].jpg

It reminds me of the sad kitten from Allegro non Troppo.

Also a suggestion of razor sharp teeth, but I can't dredge up which other feline it's calling to mind.

Cool. Now I have an idea for the face. I haven't put a face on yet because I wasn't sure what I wanted it to look like.

That looks like a cover for a Djembe drum, and the "ears" are for a bikini bra. :p

Your cats give me an idea to crochet my coffee pot cover. I was ggoing to sew one, but Crochet would be fun and customizable.

I am so not happy with any damn thing I'm working on lately. The dolls look like shit. I've given up. Probably won't bother picking them up again. My one project I was excited about is not finished because the yarn is discontinued. I'm working on a smaller baby version with a chenille type yarn but it's not working out, either.

When I use a small hook, the fabric looks really nice but it's stiff and not squishy and cozy (on the right). When I started another one using a larger hook, it's got perfect squishiness but looks like crap (left).

Fucking yarn arts. :brood:

20180319_172804[2192].jpg

Starting a new entrelac pumpkin. This yarn isn't really good for much else. It's pretty, but horrible to work with and not very strong, but fine to be made into a pumpkin.

20180406_180033[2379].jpg

Starting a new entrelac pumpkin. This yarn isn't really good for much else. It's pretty, but horrible to work with and not very strong, but fine to be made into a pumpkin.

View attachment 15260

I like the color combination...:)

Me, too. This yarn color is called "Tidal." The type of yarn, though, is referred to among crafters as "Satan's Pubes" because it's pure evil to work with.

View attachment 15260

I like the color combination...:)

Me, too. This yarn color is called "Tidal." The type of yarn, though, is referred to among crafters as "Satan's Pubes" because it's pure evil to work with.

Can you get that color combination in other type of yarn, something more user friendly?

Can you get that color combination in other type of yarn, something more user friendly?

Probably, but I have to use what I have on hand. It's not too bad because I don't have to pull out stitches too much with this one. It's the undoing of stitches that is the worst part of using this yarn.

Probably, but I have to use what I have on hand. It's not too bad because I don't have to pull out stitches too much with this one. It's the undoing of stitches that is the worst part of using this yarn.

Very nice...in cashmere too...https://www.yarn.com/products/dream-in-color-smooshy-with-cashmere?sku=DRC-SMOCASS-713&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvMaVgKqn2gIVAVYNCh0C2gnHEAkYAiABEgLTJ_D_BwE

shopping
TIDAL

Back
Top Bottom