• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yarn Crafts and Arts!

OOOOH pretty. I've seen similar work. It's a bit intricate for me. I can technically do it, but wouldn't enjoy the strain on my eyes. The brown earrings I made are about the smallest work I'll undertake these days.

I understand...Do you ever incorporate beads in your work?...Your earrings are great as they are, but the thought came up in conversation...

:thinking:

OOOOH pretty. I've seen similar work. It's a bit intricate for me. I can technically do it, but wouldn't enjoy the strain on my eyes. The brown earrings I made are about the smallest work I'll undertake these days.

I understand...Do you ever incorporate beads in your work?...Your earrings are great as they are, but the thought came up in conversation...

:thinking:

Yes, I do. In fact I'm planning to add a bead to the bottom of those earrings and haven't done it yet. I have beaded some amigurumi dolls, too, but I didn't like how they were turning out.

Love that stitch! What’s it called?

Thanks! I don't know if it has a name. I just made up a sequence of basic stitches. I made up a bunch of different variations but this one looked the most distinctive. I could figure out the sequence if you want.

I would love that if you have time. Is it a reach-down stitch that pulls from 2 rows below? Or alternating rows? It’s very lovely - I like it a lot.

What do you do with all your product, Floof? Do you sell in craft sales, Gift to family or make for self-use and unmake for therapy?

Love that stitch! What’s it called?

Thanks! I don't know if it has a name. I just made up a sequence of basic stitches. I made up a bunch of different variations but this one looked the most distinctive. I could figure out the sequence if you want.

I would love that if you have time. Is it a reach-down stitch that pulls from 2 rows below? Or alternating rows? It’s very lovely - I like it a lot.

No problem. I remembered that I posted it in a crochet group so I just copied and pasted. :)

It's just knit, purl, and simple stitches.

Pattern: * 2 tks, tps, tss, repeat from *, offset by 1. If done in the round, cast on multiple of 4 then add 1 (or subtract 1) for the offset. If not in the round, count doesn't matter, just offset by 1 in each new row. Pattern colors will look different if not done in the round.

What do you do with all your product, Floof? Do you sell in craft sales, Gift to family or make for self-use and unmake for therapy?

A few things I give away to family, mostly to my niece as she is always enthusiastic about the stuff I make and often just claims things and takes them home. Some friends have bought some cat butt coasters from me. Other than that, it's all just piled up around me. :laugh:

A few things I give away to family, mostly to my niece as she is always enthusiastic about the stuff I make and often just claims things and takes them home. Some friends have bought some cat butt coasters from me. Other than that, it's all just piled up around me. :laugh:

LOL.

Thank you for the pattern - I assume the t is for tunisian?

LOL.

Thank you for the pattern - I assume the t is for tunisian?

Yep.

tss = tunisian simple stitch
tks = tunisian knit stitch
tps = tunisian purl stitch

Your Cat butt coasters are becoming legendary, as are your pumpkins!

Your Cat butt coasters are becoming legendary, as are your pumpkins!

Only the pumpkins are my own original work. :D

Now just gotta stuff it and stitch up the last few rounds on the top. I'm quite pleased with my first pouf. Going tomorrow to get more polyfil and hopefully I can find some foam sheets to line it and make it really tight and stay firm as well as to prevent polyfil from coming out of any spaces between stitches. Not too many of those, but once stretched out and stuffed, who knows.

20180516_164309[2953].jpg

Now just gotta stuff it and stitch up the last few rounds on the top. I'm quite pleased with my first pouf. Going tomorrow to get more polyfil and hopefully I can find some foam sheets to line it and make it really tight and stay firm as well as to prevent polyfil from coming out of any spaces between stitches. Not too many of those, but once stretched out and stuffed, who knows.

View attachment 15708

Noice!

Just ideas...

elastic-fabric-poufs-slumber-casalis-thumb-630xauto-58656.jpg

57033_XXX_v1.jpg

lrgOT-DUR-PW-24X8-ORG-1%20P1.JPG

poufs-for-modern-rooms-galets-thumb-630xauto-58320.jpg

as well as to prevent polyfil from coming out of any spaces between stitches. Not too many of those, but once stretched out and stuffed, who knows.
Sounds like a job for a zippered pillowcase cover, $2.99

Love the pattern!

Back
Top Bottom